• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Silver

Silver
  • poppycock.

• 1041 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2014 - 01:35 PM

IMO, if TNT were planning on doing a rollback, I doubt they would have continued to release news updates along with the meepit giveaway, all the while knowing that it would be pointless if they decided on a rollback. Why release news and site updates if they're just going to undo everything in the mean time?

Thoughts?

#2 xladex

xladex
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 01:36 PM

I doubt it's going to happen. And I agree what you said they wouldn't be updating if they are planning on doing a site rollback.

#3 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2014 - 01:37 PM

I agree. It looks like they don't even know about the duping (I know they do). They're acting as if there's no problem with the site.

#4 Outsider

Outsider
  • THE YOOYUNATER

• 2103 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2014 - 01:37 PM

Exactly, that and the fact it makes no sense to be freezing people and removing items if they are just going to roll it back.

#5 boobface

boobface
  • 197 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2014 - 01:38 PM

Also, they wouldn't bother freezing people and deleting duped items if they had a rollback on their plans.

#6 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

That was my thought too, though I do reckon they've got something in mind. Which may or may not piss off the majority of legit users :p

#7 boobface

boobface
  • 197 posts

Users Awards

Edit : Wow I suck at editing lol. Anyways, no rollback will happen

Edited by boobface, 04 October 2014 - 01:39 PM.

#8 Karyx

Karyx
  • 162 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2014 - 01:40 PM

They seem to be just removing as much of the duped items as they can track down rather than roll back everything completely. Much more work I guess, less effective, but it will piss least people off.

#9 Outsider

Outsider
  • THE YOOYUNATER

• 2103 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2014 - 01:44 PM

Neopets is allegedly divided into 13 databases, so they don't have to roll back every aspect of the site should they choose to do so. Iced accounts will most definitely stay iced.

They'd still have to rollback account data. You can't have all these users who obtained the MSPP/SuAP/BGC avatars from duped items out there.

I really don't care what they do but all signs point to them manually fixing the problem vs just rolling back.

Edited by Outsider, 04 October 2014 - 01:51 PM.

#10 Batori

Batori
  • 265 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2014 - 04:37 PM

They seem to be just removing as much of the duped items as they can track down rather than roll back everything completely. Much more work I guess, less effective, but it will piss least people off.

Think they're trying not to scare people off after the move?

#11 Swekfem

Swekfem
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 04:47 PM

they just gave everyone a free meepit  :x3:  why bother give anything if plan to rollback.

Edited by Swekfem, 04 October 2014 - 04:48 PM.

#12 Michaelhex

Michaelhex
  • 1018 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2014 - 04:54 PM

Did a rollback happened in the last '05 neopacalypse ? I just don't see a rollback happening to this one and yeah I have to agree that it seems they are covering this issue pretty tight. Maybe so this won't go to the record and affect future players ? or investment :p

#13 Swekfem

Swekfem
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 05:12 PM

user posting screenies of buyers (true or fake) get silenced. not mentioning the issue officially. no saying about fixing the glitches to public. yeah, they are covering. revealing weakness no good for business :(

#14 Ka1

Ka1
  • 955 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2014 - 06:39 PM

Did a rollback happened in the last '05 neopacalypse ? I just don't see a rollback happening to this one and yeah I have to agree that it seems they are covering this issue pretty tight. Maybe so this won't go to the record and affect future players ? or investment :p

The rollback happen but not because of duping

they ice the duping accounts like what they are doing now

so i am more inclined this time it will be the same

the rollback was for a glitch that displayed the password or something along this line

a lot of accounts were affected and iced

tnt rollback to be fair since the people iced did not do anything

#15 Legitboi

Legitboi
  • 1040 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2014 - 07:28 PM

IMO, if TNT were planning on doing a rollback, I doubt they would have continued to release news updates along with the meepit giveaway, all the while knowing that it would be pointless if they decided on a rollback. Why release news and site updates if they're just going to undo everything in the mean time?

Thoughts?

if TNT ever does rollback.... it make more LEGIT players leaving. up to them whether want to RISK themself lose more and more players. :p

#16 Riku

Riku
  • 72 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2014 - 07:50 PM

They'd still have to rollback account data. You can't have all these users who obtained the MSPP/SuAP/BGC avatars from duped items out there.

I really don't care what they do but all signs point to them manually fixing the problem vs just rolling back.

There's no way to say what will and will not be affected by a rollback, it all depends on how their databases are structured. If they store a users unlocked avatars as a single string or array as a column in the users table, then yes, most account data would be rolled back. However, if they store a users unlocked avatars in a separate table, then account data would be safe.

You can roll back separate database tables, so it all depends on how they store their data.

You would need to know exactly how their database(s) are structured in order to make any calls like this.

#17 neopetsexploded

neopetsexploded
  • 234 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 08:14 PM

It's unnecessary to argue about rollbacks, not happening. 

Edited by neopetsexploded, 04 October 2014 - 08:14 PM.

#18 Swekfem

Swekfem
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 10:44 PM

there was new editorial? haven't seen one for a while. reading as "item bug" doesn't have enough scare effect in it.

#19 Outsider

Outsider
  • THE YOOYUNATER

• 2103 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2014 - 10:50 PM

There's no way to say what will and will not be affected by a rollback, it all depends on how their databases are structured. If they store a users unlocked avatars as a single string or array as a column in the users table, then yes, most account data would be rolled back. However, if they store a users unlocked avatars in a separate table, then account data would be safe.

You can roll back separate database tables, so it all depends on how they store their data.

You would need to know exactly how their database(s) are structured in order to make any calls like this.

Everything you said is correct, however, I'd simply rebuttal by saying that the fact they are going through by hand and removing and freezing accounts proves that they can't just simply rollback one thing without rolling back everything else otherwise they would take that route.

#20 Legitboi

Legitboi
  • 1040 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2014 - 09:28 AM

there was new editorial? haven't seen one for a while. reading as "item bug" doesn't have enough scare effect in it.

there.

http://www.neopets.c...orial&issue=663

#21 Batori

Batori
  • 265 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2014 - 12:23 PM

they just gave everyone a free meepit  :x3:  why bother give anything if plan to rollback.

Sounds right, if they were planning on a rollback they wouldn't have done the prize packs.

#22 Nano

Nano
  • a delicious kiwi

• 325 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2014 - 12:32 PM

Sounds right, if they were planning on a rollback they wouldn't have done the prize packs.

They can roll back a single user if they wish. If caught abusing the dupe or trying to get lucky with trades or auctions I don't think TNT would care if you lost a Meepit.

#23 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2014 - 12:37 PM

Maybe they gave these prizes because they still think they can come up with a solution, and if they don't, they will rollback.

#24 Nano

Nano
  • a delicious kiwi

• 325 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2014 - 12:39 PM

Maybe they gave these prizes because they still think they can come up with a solution, and if they don't, they will rollback.

Pulling records to see who bought SuAPs etc from shops/trades/auctions is pretty easy. They should be starting with those people and rolling back. 

#25 Batori

Batori
  • 265 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2014 - 01:54 PM

They can roll back a single user if they wish. If caught abusing the dupe or trying to get lucky with trades or auctions I don't think TNT would care if you lost a Meepit.

True enough, I was thinking about it in the context of an entire site rollback. Still, it seems like they'd be more likely to just ban a single user, thoughts?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users