Here's one of my old HAs. 

It's too bad subeta is such shit now.

#52 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:43 AM

JmUKkTb.png

Here's one of my old HAs. 

It's too bad subeta is such shit now.

I disagree :p I love it much more now than I used to. 
Love the HA. 

#53 Cupcakes

Cupcakes
  • 93 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:52 AM

Really?!

I've been a player for about 4/5 years (I forget, actually) and it's definitely not as fun as it used to be. I'm not sure Keith (who I've spent time with in real life, as well as several of the staff/mods/artists) really cares anymore. He should probably try to sell the company to somebody who wants to put in the effort to keep it great.

Have you guys ever used Subetadrama?

#54 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 15 October 2014 - 11:06 AM

Really?!

I've been a player for about 4/5 years (I forget, actually) and it's definitely not as fun as it used to be. I'm not sure Keith (who I've spent time with in real life, as well as several of the staff/mods/artists) really cares anymore. He should probably try to sell the company to somebody who wants to put in the effort to keep it great.

I haven't :p I mean new content is released several times a week and that's good enough for me. The forums are active and the staff responds quickly to tickets. That's already better than Neopets at least, right? lol 

#55 Tanpopo

Tanpopo
  • 198 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2014 - 11:08 AM

Really?!

Oh god, not that piece of shit tumblr. There are of course some legitimate conerns posted there, but most of it is just people bitching at each other. Even most of Subeta recognizes that it's ridiculous.

I've been on Subeta for 4 years as well, and while some things have changed I honestly think that overall it has gotten better. People will complain that the differences make it worse, but Subeta's been more open than ever about the changes they're making and the direction they're trying to make the site go. Even mishaps (like the infamous Peka-boo prizes) are pretty quickly dealt with, and they take user criticisms into consideration. In addition, a lot of the changes they've made have been to try to freshen up the site, and to make more new/original events rather than following the same old formulas from years past.

Anyway, just my feelings on the matter, since I get a bit annoyed whenever I see someone dismiss Subeta and its staff as "not trying anymore, don't care", etc.

Edited by Tanpopo, 15 October 2014 - 12:15 PM.

#56 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 15 October 2014 - 01:43 PM

Morostride is here! Best time to register ;)

#57 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2014 - 02:51 PM

I disagree :p I love it much more now than I used to. 
Love the HA. 

I really like the human avatars...I still haven't done much with my account since reawakening it, but I sure enjoy playing with the avatar. :D

2m2tauh.png

#58 Swekfem

Swekfem
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 04:16 PM

sadly, i can't continue enjoying subeta. just got a warning notification from my ISP saying that i almost reach my data limit! i just start a new cycle in less than a week.! i checked, subeta was using waaaaayy too much of my data. even my youtube days are better than this.

i monitored data usage on subeta pet training page. it more than 2MB per visit. what a rip off!!!!

any suggestion on improving this situation? i tried blocking ads. but still the same.

shame that it is a really great site with great features.

#59 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 15 October 2014 - 04:39 PM

sadly, i can't continue enjoying subeta. just got a warning notification from my ISP saying that i almost reach my data limit! i just start a new cycle in less than a week.! i checked, subeta was using waaaaayy too much of my data. even my youtube days are better than this.

i monitored data usage on subeta pet training page. it more than 2MB per visit. what a rip off!!!!

any suggestion on improving this situation? i tried blocking ads. but still the same.

Uhh, I have no idea unfortunately because my provider doesn't track my data usage. I just watch videos and play games willy nilly without any limits that I am aware of lol

#60 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:01 PM

What ISP?

#61 Swekfem

Swekfem
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:15 PM

my local ISP. not in US. most ISP impose quota. only one have unlimited. but very expensive.

#62 Cupcakes

Cupcakes
  • 93 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 03:41 AM

Anyway, just my feelings on the matter, since I get a bit annoyed whenever I see someone dismiss Subeta and its staff as "not trying anymore, don't care", etc.

Forgive me, but that really is the general attitude. Maybe I'm in a different boat because I know the owner and several staff members personally and see things that some of the general user base does not see.

This isn't about the general staff not caring about the site, it's about the most important part of the site not really caring for it anymore. Which is fine, but he should probably pass on the responsibilities to others.

HOWEVER, morostide is clearly the best part of Subeta.

Also, sorry lol @ "omg tumblr", no that's not what I'm talking about. 

#63 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 16 October 2014 - 12:11 PM

4825_map_plot_exterior_news.png

There is a characteristic nip in the air, the telltale wood smoke on the breeze that heralds the beginning of Morostide, however one feature of the season remains conspicuously absent- the opening of the Skelly Pumpkin Patch. This year, the gates remain locked, the house on the hill dark and silent.

Where is the ornery but lovable Pumpkin Partisan? Why the eerie quiet in a season normally so filled with thrills? Has Lord Jaxon Skelly finally tired of inviting outsiders to the family pumpkin patch? Only time will tell!

#64 Tanpopo

Tanpopo
  • 198 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2014 - 02:43 PM

Forgive me, but that really is the general attitude. Maybe I'm in a different boat because I know the owner and several staff members personally and see things that some of the general user base does not see.

This isn't about the general staff not caring about the site, it's about the most important part of the site not really caring for it anymore. Which is fine, but he should probably pass on the responsibilities to others.

HOWEVER, morostide is clearly the best part of Subeta.

Also, sorry lol @ "omg tumblr", no that's not what I'm talking about. 

If you don't mind my asking, how many times have you met them, when, and for how long? Was it a casual meeting of friends or were you there as a user of the site who happened to talk to them? I'm not denying: maybe they only came off as not caring. Hell, maybe they straight up really don't care, or maybe they didn't care at the time. It just seems odd to me: if they didn't care why would they go through so much effort lately to overhaul so much of the site? Why put effort into something you don't care about? I mean it's possible they're polishing it to pass it to someone else, but the feeling I'm getting from the site lately (especially in the last few months) is that they're correcting a lot of past mistakes they feel they've made. I mean they themselves acknowledge the bugs and glitches that happen, especially with all this revamp. I don't think they'd risk introducing more bugs that would make it harder for someone for them to sell the site to someone else and they would have just left it as was, since it had been satisfactory. Who knows though, I'm no pet site or website managing master.

(Also I love tumblr and I use it everyday. I also love the subeta tag on it. I'm just saying that subetadrama is infamous for being full of people who like to take shit about each other and that the true site concerns posted on there are far an in between.)

Sorry if you don't feel like continuing this conversation btw .w.;; I've just put a fair bit of time on subeta and I thought they've been better in recent months than in a long time, so I guess I'm just invested or something.

#65 Swekfem

Swekfem
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:33 AM

well. they are much better than neopets as far as i know. and very welcoming too.

#66 Carialle

Carialle
  • 289 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 October 2014 - 12:14 PM

Yay Subeta.

After I quit Neopets a year ago, I landed there. And Morostide. Yay!

#67 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 October 2014 - 12:16 PM

Yay Subeta.

After I quit Neopets a year ago, I landed there. And Morostide. Yay!

I haven't been doing TONS at Subeta...am still a little confused by the place and haven't completely "settled in"...but I do like it. :) The Wardrobe is a bit funky/glitchy though (as is the Accomplishments feature), but I assume this is being worked on.

#68 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 18 October 2014 - 12:56 PM

I haven't been doing TONS at Subeta...am still a little confused by the place and haven't completely "settled in"...but I do like it. :) The Wardrobe is a bit funky/glitchy though (as is the Accomplishments feature), but I assume this is being worked on.

Yes! Actually both of those features are currently still in Beta Testing :p They are very new. It's nice to see them updating features though, the new wardrobe is so much nicer than the old one.

#69 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 October 2014 - 01:17 PM

Yes! Actually both of those features are currently still in Beta Testing :p They are very new. It's nice to see them updating features though, the new wardrobe is so much nicer than the old one.

Great to know, thank you for the clarification, Kate!

znam41.png

#70 Swekfem

Swekfem
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 11:31 PM

yeah. my HA was naked yesterday and i didn't even realize it!

and i now i finally have one nightmare pet. yay!

#71 Cerasai

Cerasai
  • 18 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2014 - 02:07 PM

I have an 7 1/2 year old account on subeta. Time flys :). I tend to play subeta just for 3-4 days like a mad woman, and then dont go online for month. But its nice that i can always go back there. Its funny, how easy it is, to archive something. I struggle on Neopets, to get even to the 10 Million NP, and on subeta i have items worth 2 1/2x this amount. 

You guys made me curious again, lets see what happens on Morostride not Moroshide  :S

Edited by Cerasai, 20 October 2014 - 02:09 PM.

#72 Swekfem

Swekfem
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 09:27 AM

game is suppose to be a place of fun and tension reliever, not a place to struggle. i came online to escape the real life struggle :)

#73 bbdoll

bbdoll
  • 77 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 06:27 PM

I used to LOVE subeta! I think I got iced for "multiple accounts" 2 months ago. Oh well, time to wait a year!

Gives me time to get back into neo at least.

#74 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 21 August 2015 - 07:32 AM

Bloop. Don't forget to use me as your referrer if you register <3

#75 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 21 September 2015 - 01:01 PM

That Kayluna thread inspired me to start playing Subeta again and you can BATTLE NOW dfghoh;kldfgh!!!!!
Time to update the guide ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users