Photo

The /r/neopets is so annoying

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 whitneysit

whitneysit
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:14 PM

They followed the rules like its a bible and they condemn people just for indirectly and unknowingly exploited a bug.  

#2 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:27 PM

Pft, like their mods have never cheated/abused exploits/literally programmed our score-sender.  :rolleyes:

#3 Batori

Batori
  • 265 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:30 PM

Pft, like their mods have never cheated/abused exploits/literally programmed our score-sender.  :rolleyes:

I wonder what would happen if someone brought that up...after all, it's dead simple to make a throwaway reddit account.  :lol2:

#4 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2014 - 11:12 PM

I wonder what would happen if someone brought that up...after all, it's dead simple to make a throwaway reddit account.  :lol2:

Why would you?

#5 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2014 - 11:26 PM

One of their mods is an amazing programmer who had a huge hand in helping us win the Altador Cup.

Why would you?

Laughs?

Kind of a dick move though.

#6 Batori

Batori
  • 265 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2014 - 11:31 PM

Why would you?

Ehh, true. At first I was annoyed at the high-handedness, but it would be kind of a jerk move.

#7 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:04 AM

I couldn't agree more. I never knew one of their mods was here though, so that's pretty cool. 

#8 Michaelhex

Michaelhex
  • 1018 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:27 AM

That's human nature at its best :) and it can get a little bit too serious when it comes to online matters due to the fact that their hiding behind a monitor. They just spout everything.

#9 sLAUGHTER

sLAUGHTER
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 490 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:47 AM

:ninja:

Everyone knows I cheat. Feel free to blow up my spot. I'll help you.

I couldn't agree more. I never knew one of their mods was here though, so that's pretty cool. 

Oh, it's you. :whistling:

Edited by sLAUGHTER, 07 October 2014 - 05:48 AM.

#10 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2014 - 07:21 AM

Oh, it's you. :whistling:

Unban pls. Pls unban.  :lol2:

#11 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:40 AM

Let's be honest though, the subreddit is a joke - check out the latest /r/subredditdrama post around the moderating team switch-up they did last week.

Last I checked, the idea behind a subreddit was to provide a forum for interesting links and discussions around a given subject. Unfortunately the constant pandering to TNT-style "no cheating" posts has really restricted the /r/neopets content, especially over the last week or so with the duping incidents.

I'm also under the impression that links to Codex's IDB are also disallowed, even though this is a tool renowned for it's use by Codex's legit (or semi-legit) members...

If only the moderators realised that open discussion around glitches, dupes and programs would make the severity of these issues far clearer than stifling discussion does... Maybe the legit subscribers wouldn't have fallen awry to all the duped items.

You can't just sweep these things under the carpet and hope it goes away. Preventing people posting screenshots (not methods! just screenshots!) of the duping and therefore disallowing discussion around it is, well, just stupid. 

And of course, it's not a problem that one of their moderators is a fairly prolific (ex?)-programmer, it just makes their stance on "no mentioning cheating" look reaaaally silly.

#12 Feral

Feral
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 06:21 PM

I like people trying to act like good little angels on a site where you can be completely anonymous and literally say anything you want without getting in trouble. What is even the point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users