55 replies to this topic

#1 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:24 PM

Destiny.jpg

Destiny is the newest, and most hyped up game for consoles right now (imo). What are your thoughts on the game? 

I play a warlock on PS4. Would anyone want to group up and blast some newbs?

Here is a link to my profile.

#2 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:46 PM

Lol why does the logo look like a dick

You have issues.

#3 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:19 PM

I am a level 26 human titan on Xbox One. I will probably trade Destiny in when Halo is released next month.

Here is my profile.

#4 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:21 PM

There's another halo coming out? Wow, didn't know that. I thought bungie was discontinuing Halo to work on Destiny?

#5 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6381 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:25 PM

There's another halo coming out? Wow, didn't know that. I thought bungie was discontinuing Halo to work on Destiny?

:unsure:

The last Halo wasn't made by Bungie.

#6 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:30 PM

Yeah it's called the Master Chief Collection which is going to bring back Halo 2 and also have Halo CE with Multiplayer so I am excited to say the least. There is also a Halo 5 coming out next year, made by the same people who made Halo 4, 343 industries.

Edited by talbs, 11 October 2014 - 01:31 PM.

#7 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:37 PM

I heard Destiny is bad, but I guess I should rent it and try it before judging it.

#8 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2014 - 02:36 PM

:unsure:

The last Halo wasn't made by Bungie.

I haven't played that game since halo 2.

Yeah Jerome you should rent it, the game is really awesome.

#9 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2014 - 02:40 PM

I haven't played that game since halo 2.

And you said nitro has issues..

#10 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2014 - 02:47 PM

After playing what seemed to be the same game add the original, I lost interest.

#11 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2014 - 02:57 PM

28 Titan so far. Thoughts on the game: voice acting is f terrible and story is nonexistent. The missions are repetitive but tolerable and fun if you have friends. The raid is interesting and that's also when you find out that a lot of people suck at simple coordination.

Nothing good nothing bad

#12 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2014 - 02:59 PM

Thoughts on the game: voice acting is f terrible and story is nonexistent. The missions are repetitive but tolerable and fun if you have friends. The raid is interesting and that's also when you find out that a lot of people suck at simple coordination.

Nothing good nothing bad

Those are my exact thoughts of the game as well. I had to watch a youtube video to understand the "story" behind the game. Only thing I get is that we're killing evil dudes from different species to save earth.

#13 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2014 - 03:05 PM

Those are my exact thoughts of the game as well. I had to watch a youtube video to understand the "story" behind the game. Only thing I get is that we're killing evil dudes from different species to save earth.

They didn't really explain anything in game and the monotonous voices didn't help with the story either. What were they thinking, expecting everyone to log in to their site and read the cards? LOL

#14 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2014 - 03:10 PM

And you said nitro has issues..

Halo 3 was the last one i properly played. It turnt shit after that.

As for Destiny i hear the same shit about it; that it's a bad game but they can't stop playing it.

#15 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2014 - 03:12 PM

They didn't really explain anything in game and the monotonous voices didn't help with the story either. What were they thinking, expecting everyone to log in to their site and read the cards? LOL

Their not-so-clever plan to lure people to their shitty website failed..hopefully.

As for Destiny i hear the same shit about it; that it's a bad game but they can't stop playing it.

I find it a lot of fun when I play with my friends. We get on and kill things like badasses (badassery is arguable of course) :p.

#16 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2014 - 04:35 PM

For sure, Halo CE was the best, followed by Halo 2, and then Halo 3 IMO.

After that, there's nothing worth mentioning.

#17 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2014 - 06:00 PM

For sure, Halo CE was the best, followed by Halo 2, and then Halo 3 IMO.

After that, there's nothing worth mentioning.

Not even...

Halo Wars?

Spoiler

#18 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2014 - 08:13 PM

I liked halo wars...

#19 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:08 PM

I heard Destiny is bad, but I guess I should rent it and try it before judging it.

I keep hearing similar things. For a game that's supposed to have a decade life span, it's going to be pretty fucking hard to keep interesting when everyone hits max level within a month.

Apparently endgame play is pretty disappointing. But it looks reeeel purdy.

I liked halo wars...

I played it. It was decent. Not as complex as starcraft, so it's got that going for it.

#20 Norava

Norava
  • Pro Can Cran

• 547 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2014 - 09:28 AM

My only fear is that if I play destiny I'll be forced to play with others around me. Which wouldn't be too bad but if it's required that's different.

Edited by SirBaggy, 17 October 2014 - 09:28 AM.

#21 Cannabis

Cannabis
  • yungamerican

• 970 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 October 2014 - 08:17 PM

Is this game worth getting? I'm trying to budget my PS4 games (since I am hopefully getting one for christmas) 

It looks sick no doubt but how is the gameplay?

#22 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:31 AM

Is this game worth getting? I'm trying to budget my PS4 games (since I am hopefully getting one for christmas) 

It looks sick no doubt but how is the gameplay?

I think it's worth it, although I don't know what else is out for PS4. My Xbox One arsenal is just Destiny, NBA 2k15, Madden 15, and Titanfall which has been shelved for months. I am sure I will be on nothing but Halo once it comes out, and then GTA V later in November. It's a grind like Diablo or WoW in many ways, but it can keep you entertained. They say the game has a "10 year plan" so with DLC and other upgrades they at least plan on it being relevant for a long time.

#23 Cannabis

Cannabis
  • yungamerican

• 970 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2014 - 03:12 PM

I think it's worth it, although I don't know what else is out for PS4. My Xbox One arsenal is just Destiny, NBA 2k15, Madden 15, and Titanfall which has been shelved for months. I am sure I will be on nothing but Halo once it comes out, and then GTA V later in November. It's a grind like Diablo or WoW in many ways, but it can keep you entertained. They say the game has a "10 year plan" so with DLC and other upgrades they at least plan on it being relevant for a long time.

That is interesting. So you are saying there won't be a new release of the game for awhile? Destiny is top on my list right now 

#24 ErraticSeven

ErraticSeven
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 01:16 PM

Destiny is definitely a great game, but until the DLC is released, there isn't all that much content. Six strikes that you will be doing extremely frequently, and only the one raid that you can only really do if you know 5 other people to play with.

All that said, I definitely recommend it if you enjoy the gunplay and like to feel like the very embodiment of epic heroism. Just expect to grind daily in the faintest hope you will actually find an Exotic item you want.

#25 420weedgod420

420weedgod420
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 04:12 AM

most overated game of 2014

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: destiny, ps4, xbox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users