• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Cannabis

Cannabis
  • yungamerican

• 970 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2014 - 02:19 PM

I used to play and was obsessed. Over the summer I tried playing again but it's just not the same... back in the day Maplestory was way more fun and challenging than it is now. Maplestory like neopets has gone downhill, I miss the old days for real :( Being a kid, having no worries, maplestory and neopets were actually fun. Sigh... life goes on.

Windia forever tho

#2 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2014 - 02:25 PM

I was on broa and windia back in the day. The game started going down hill right after those stupid white scrolls came out. My friend Jon has spent over $8000 on nx and buying mesos from people. He recently spent $600 on some stupid claw..I can't even fathom spending anywhere close to that in a freaking game.

#3 Cannabis

Cannabis
  • yungamerican

• 970 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2014 - 02:27 PM

I was on broa and windia back in the day. The game started going down hill right after those stupid white scrolls came out. My friend Jon has spent over $8000 on nx and buying mesos from people. He recently spent $600 on some stupid claw..I can't even fathom spending anywhere close to that in a freaking game.

8 THOUSAND DOLLARS????? Good lord I wish I had 8k laying around that I could use on a game. I spent some money on nx but no where near that much lol... I may have wanted to when I was younger but not I think I am a little more wise than that. 

#4 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2014 - 02:30 PM

Yeah he's addicted! Thankfully I stopped in my 18th birthday back in 2008.

#5 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2014 - 02:30 PM

Yeah it really doesn't take much these days, all the new classes are cool but they've made the old adventurer jobs kinda useless. 

Bera OG here

Spoiler

#6 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2014 - 02:36 PM

Unless you knew what you were doing and actually had friends to play with (lol) then the game was a huge clusterfuck by the time you got to 30.

That is if you even could. So much grinding. I can't say the game got any better now, but at least you can get to higher levels without giving up your entire life for the game.

#7 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2014 - 02:44 PM

I did, and cheated, which made the grinding a bit easier.  I got to about level 115 on my main character (or somewhere around that level). I was in windia. I'd play again for a bit if I could remember my username, password, and pin. 

#8 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2014 - 02:47 PM

Unless you knew what you were doing and actually had friends to play with (lol) then the game was a huge clusterfuck by the time you got to 30.

That is if you even could. So much grinding. I can't say the game got any better now, but at least you can get to higher levels without giving up your entire life for the game.

I heard you can get to 30 in an hour now  ;)

And the Vac hack was OP

#9 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2014 - 02:49 PM

I heard you can get to 30 in an hour now ;)

And the Vac hack was OP

Yeah every time a new class comes out I create one and get it to 100 or so before I'm forced to party with other players and GTFO.

Thanks Nexon for the supply of character coupons.

#10 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2014 - 02:49 PM

Yeah, we played for a while last year.  I think we got around level 30 and then quit and went back to WoW.  I did enjoy it quite a bit but it got monotonous after a while.

#11 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2014 - 03:07 PM

Yeah every time a new class comes out I create one and get it to 100 or so before I'm forced to party with other players and GTFO.

Thanks Nexon for the supply of character coupons.

Oh right is the game just a pay2win cash cow at this point? I hear about it from time to time. Like how level 200 players aren't worshiped anymore and there are around 20 classes now (lol), that's crazy

#12 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2014 - 03:19 PM

Oh right is the game just a pay2win cash cow at this point? I hear about it from time to time. Like how level 200 players aren't worshiped anymore and there are around 20 classes now (lol), that's crazy

Yeah there's so much NX cash items you use to power up your weapons to vicious extremes that if you don't invest a fortune into everything you're not just falling behind, you're not even awake for the race yet.

The class thing is the same as well. Every month or two we get a new class that's OP for a while and then nerfed into oblivion. Level cap is 250 now too.

#13 Poem

Poem
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this member!

• 12 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 04:38 PM

I used to -- oh, so long ago.

Back when Maplestory was harder and being level 30 was like... holy shit you're second job already.

I was level 18 when I guided a level noob from Ellinia to Perion. Instant friendship right there. <3

#14 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:08 PM

Like everyone, used to ages ago. Still have my level 47 assassin. Played it a few months ago, had no idea what was going on...

#15 Norava

Norava
  • Pro Can Cran

• 547 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:08 PM

I played it from version .22

It's incredibly easy to level up now. 

#16 RedTurnip

RedTurnip
  • 85 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:13 PM

I never went any higher than level 6x. :o

Could never bring myself to grind all day long just for that few more levels.

People are telling me that they can get to 70 in just a few days now tho!

#17 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:44 PM

I never went any higher than level 6x. :o

Could never bring myself to grind all day long just for that few more levels.

People are telling me that they can get to 70 in just a few days now tho!

You can, if you give up everything else around you.

#18 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:09 PM

You can, if you give up everything else around you.

To 70? Try sitting down casually and reading a leveling guide along the way. It's so simple once you get an idea where things are.

#19 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:36 PM

To 70? Try sitting down casually and reading a leveling guide along the way. It's so simple once you get an idea where things are.

I did that when I played, but I hate grinding, so I get bored easily when trying to level. I can't just sit there for too long and grind.

#20 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:01 PM

I did that when I played, but I hate grinding, so I get bored easily when trying to level. I can't just sit there for too long and grind.

It's a lot better with friends as a distraction. Turnip and I played together and it made it a tad more tolerable.

#21 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:09 PM

It's a lot better with friends as a distraction. Turnip and I played together and it made it a tad more tolerable.

Yeah!! It was a lot of fun playing together!! I'm pretty sure we got to or a bit over level 100 in a day too ^^ Or at least somewhere around there?? I can't remember now hahah

Dang I'm so glad leveling is actually decent now though >w< I played a little bit back in 2008 as well but I had no idea what the hell I was doing, got to like level 12? then gave up because it was taking years to level up lmao

#22 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:15 PM

There's like a thread a month about this game.

Yes, we all used to play it when it wasn't easymode. No, most of us don't play anymore because of a combination of a) cashcow issues, b) easymode issues, and c) there are a million other games out there.

#23 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2014 - 09:03 PM

There's like a thread a month about this game.

Yes, we all used to play it when it wasn't easymode. No, most of us don't play anymore because of a combination of a) cashcow issues, b) easymode issues, and c) there are a million other games out there.

But rehashing old topics is too much fun.

#24 Mizk

Mizk
  • 137 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:50 AM

I played the Beta for quite a while. I had a few lvl 40s, which was when you started being considered HIGH LEVEL. I remember watching Mildsoss farm the Taurus demon things in the ice cave a few times. He was the highest level person, which was only like high 70s. Leveling took ****ing foreeeeeeever

I played the real game only momentarily, but I was one of the first people to sign up. I had the names "Jesus" and "Owned", for example, as well as a few other pretty cool ones.

When I quit, I gave "Jesus" to an in game friend. I came back and played for a month or 2 about a year after that, and I sold the name "Owned" (which I was using) for 50 mil mesos, which was fine with me because I had nothing and that was more than I had ever had. The guy I sold the name to told me that the guy I have "Jesus" to had sold it for $300 real money and I was super bummed out

So yeah, I played only at the beginning. About a year ago and checked out the site and there are like a million classes now, and lvl 100 isn't even that high anymore and it just seems like nonesense to me, even more nonesense than it already was

#25 Cannabis

Cannabis
  • yungamerican

• 970 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:15 AM

Getting to 30 used to take so damn long now it literally can take you 30 minutes.. I liked being a henney hoe and just chillin because that was entertaining I got a to level 113 and gave up playing (recently) because it just wasn't the same.

But hacking Maplestory was my M.O. seriously that was some fun af hacking right there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users