Quantcast

Photo

Which desktop browser(s) do you use on a regular basis?

poll answer pls

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

Poll: Browsers (115 member(s) have cast votes)

Which desktop browser(s) do you use on a regular basis?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2014 - 07:18 PM

Chrome 98% of the time, FF if I have to for certain extensions.

#27 RedTurnip

RedTurnip
  • 85 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2014 - 07:44 PM

Why would you use anything other than Chrome and FF? :o

IE is just... hmmm.

#28 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2014 - 07:58 PM

Eh, those deviantArt furries aren't really pushing FF on anyone anymore :p Everyone and their dog tells you to install Chrome now, and Google really whored it out everywhere too lol

You think they'd push Safari cause that's where the animals areharHARhar okay I'm done

#29 Karyx

Karyx
  • 162 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:28 PM

Chrome for my casual browsing and FF for extensions and GM scripts

#30 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:43 PM

Why would you use anything other than Chrome and FF? :o
IE is just... hmmm.

Ehhh.... Firefox is good but are memory leaks still an issue for it? Addons breaking from rapid updates sounds annoying too as it sorta depends on those things, and if you don't keep your browser updated then certain parts of a page might not work/display properly. It can perform pretty badly on bad hardware as well, especially when you have a lot of addons installed.

Chrome though... There are a good amount of reasons to not use that :p The main complaint about it you'll hear are people criticizing its privacy, calling it a botnet as you have no idea if Google is collecting your information or not. Its closed source software so you don't know what sorta shit its up to in the background, you know? I personally don't give a shit but this is a huge issue for some people. Like Firefox, it can perform badly on bad hardware especially if you have a lot of addons. Customization is really shit too, and it doesn't support all fonts or filetypes. so Chrome users will just see a bunch of boxes. I'd post an example but I can't find anything ;_; Edit: FF also have issues displaying unicode characters, showing a box with hex inside it when it can't display it. Can't remember if CHrome has/had this issue too to be honest but I think it did :0

Other browsers might perform better on your hardware too so you might as well use those, and then its all down to personal preferences as well. Some people like Uzbl since its so lightweight! You'll see people use Pale Moon/SeaMonkey/Midori/etc as they have miscellaneous issues with "normal" browsers. I know a couple of people who still use Firefox 3.6 as their addons work on it still and they like the feel of it, there are a lot of people who have stuck with Opera 12.16 instead of upgrading to versions 15-24+ because its changed so much...

Hope this helped ^^

You think they'd push Safari cause that's where the animals areharHARhar okay I'm done

Ohohohohoho :3c

#31 Kau

Kau
  • 261 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2014 - 04:15 AM

Netscape navigator as i am a nonconformist and dont follow the main browser trends

#32 Tubbz

Tubbz
  • The High Fairy of Priestessvil.

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:01 AM

Chrome mainly, still use Opera occassionally. 

#33 Chameleon

Chameleon
  • vampire or somesuch

• 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:57 AM

Chrome primarily.  Firefox for Neo (with all the blocking crap.)  Pale Moon for when I want to use Firefox without all the specific blocking crap.

#34 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:22 PM

Other - Netscape Navigator

You're not that cool.

#35 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:24 PM

I retract my last post.

I use the Pokemon 2000 web browser.

#36 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:42 PM

I use the Pokemon 2000 web browser.

You are that cool.

#37 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:47 PM

Spoiler

#38 masxed

masxed
  • 712 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2014 - 10:49 PM

I use chrome, firefox, opera and internet explorer often times at the same time so I can log into Neopets from 4 accounts without getting logged out! :p Generally I prefer chrome though, firefox lost it's spark. For me it has had many issues in the last year even though FF used to seem like the coolest shite.

#39 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:43 AM

Chrome forever. I use it on all of my devices (laptop, iPhone, iPad) so it syncs everything up for me and has all my passwords ready for input. Really love the functionality and the extensions and skins are endless.

#40 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 November 2014 - 02:02 PM

I use Chrome 9 times out of 10. Occasionally it'll give me issues so I'll use Chromium until I'm not POed at it anymore.  :lol2:

Firefox is pretty much exclusively for Neopets and Flight Rising. Sometimes I'll use it and 10ish profiles for different GalaxyLegion (Facebook game) accounts depending what's going on in game/what my main needs.

#41 LostinSpace

LostinSpace
  • 173 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 03:34 PM

I use Chrome for my main browser.  I recently switched from FF to Waterfox as my secondary browser.

#42 Peaches

Peaches
  • 497 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 November 2014 - 03:45 PM

Chrome for everything. I have FF installed but I ignore it 364 days of the year (365 for leap years). Usually spend an hour messing around with it then repeat the following year.

#43 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2014 - 08:11 AM

Safari. Technically I don't have a desktop/laptop right now. Just an iPad. I much prefer chrome though!

#44 Speedracer

Speedracer
  • The Triforce of Herp

• 771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2014 - 08:28 AM

I use chrome whenever I can, but I have to use IE at work

#45 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 December 2014 - 07:46 AM

Chrome, best UI and the fastest (for me). Used to be a heavy FF user. Never ever used IE because it sucks.

#46 Canyon

Canyon
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:47 AM

Firefox. I really can't stand chrome for some reason x)

#47 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 December 2014 - 11:06 AM

Chrome for daily use

Firefox when I want to use Greasemonkey

IE when some dipshit creates a site that's broken on every other browser... although the last official Government website I saw said it was optimized for IE AND Chrome... and the government agency that provided the computer to access the website was using Firefox........ *facepalm*

#48 krakus

krakus
  • 91 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:53 PM

Chrome 99% of the time, Firefox for when I want to double-check browser issues. Once in a blue moon I'll open up IE and pretend to use it because it's what we're supposed to use at work. :p

It took me a while to transition to Chrome though....I used it when it first came out and had issues with it crashing all the time so I stuck to Firefox a little longer than I should have.

Edited by krakus, 14 December 2014 - 01:54 PM.

#49 spotify95

spotify95
  • 315 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 12:42 PM

I use Google Chrome virtually all of the time. Since I have a Google Account, synchronizing everything is nice and easy.

I do occasionally use Firefox, though only to feed my pets on my side account.

As for IE - I've disabled it on my windows 7 laptop as I don't have a use for it! Unfortunately the university computers all have IE preinstalled on them, but they also have Chrome too :)

Edited by spotify95, 03 April 2015 - 12:43 PM.

#50 OPCold

OPCold
  • 32 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2015 - 05:09 AM

Chrome or go home.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: poll, answer pls

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users