Quantcast

Photo

Gif of the Week Contest (#2): How Spooky Can You Be?

contest gif animated

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2014 - 02:17 PM

15copwm.gif Happy Halloween (in advance, of course!)

STARTS: NOW!

SUBMISSION DEADLINE: October 24, 2014 @ 9:00pm FR/NST

VOTING ENDS: October 28, 2014 @ 7:00pm FR/NST 

A contest that I recently hosted (Spur-of-the-Moment Contest: Cutest Animated Cat Gif...are you in?!?) had such a fantastic...and enthusiastic...turn-out that I've decided to turn it into a regularly-occurring one called "Gif of the Week Contest", though actually it will be held every-other week (but bimonthly doesn't sound as good as weekly, so please roll with the allowance) to allow for stress-free entry submission and voting deadlines.  ;)

As with the previous contest, I want this to be fun and spontaneous; entries needn't be created from scratch by you, though if you WANT to create one on your own, by all means feel free to do so.

CURRENT THEME: Please submit an animated spooky/Halloween-seasony (if that is even a word...and if it isn't, it is now) entry to me via PM; entries posted in this thread will not be considered.

GENERAL RULES and/or INFORMATION:

1. Please refrain from submitting copyrighted material.
  2. Only one entry per user, and as per the other contests on the site, please DO NOT share your entry with anyone, ask people to vote for you, or otherwise advertise your entry for votes. Doing so is a surefire way to end up being disqualified from any future Neocodex contests, and they are fun...so just don't! :)
  3. The voting thread will be posted as soon as possible after the Submission Deadline; users should not vote for themselves.
  4. As was the case in the previous contest, since the gifs need not be user-created, the occasion may arise that an identical entry is submitted by more than one entrant. Should this happen, it will be handled as before (i.e., duplicate entries will be bundled into a single voting category).
  5. If there is a tie for most votes, a tie-breaker will be held for 2 days. If the tie remains unbroken, then multiple Champion awards will be made.

PRIZES:

• The first-place voted entrant(s) will receive a $10 Neocodex Store Voucher and this awesome animated kitty-cat award (inspired by the first contest as well as the overabundance of cat gifs on da intarwebz) created by @Honey...please rep her here, I think it is fantastic: 94-AwardImgMaster-1413760762.gif
  • Participants receive a non-animated version of the kitty-cat award95-AwardImgMaster-1413760838.png

LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR ENTRIES!!!

#2 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2014 - 02:20 PM

WOOHOO! :D

#3 Psyduck

Psyduck
  • 431 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2014 - 02:26 PM

Just sent!

#4 Oninna

Oninna
  • 299 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:03 PM

Just sent one, the creepiest I could find.

#5 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:54 PM

Thank you all so much for participating! It's really fun to run these things, but they are nothing without awesome entries such as those that you submit. :D

#6 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2014 - 04:15 PM

inb4 everyone tries to submit the spooky skeleton dance video/gif.

#7 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2014 - 04:34 PM

I got the perfect one! It scared the hell out of me xD

#8 masxed

masxed
  • 712 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:06 PM

I was pretty damn scared by my entry LOL. c:

#9 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:07 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing all of them posted in a group for the voting thread. :D

#10 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:22 PM

Im nervous, are these going to be viewable? i want to enter, but spooky to me is a disappearing magic trick or someone randomly yelling 'boo'. lol. 

#11 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:23 PM

Im nervous, are these going to be viewable? i want to enter, but spooky to me is a disappearing magic trick or someone randomly yelling 'boo'. lol. 

Yes, they are :p

#12 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:25 PM

They will be viewed and voted upon, but everyone has a different concept of spooky...go for it whatever you feel like entering!

#13 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:37 PM

They will be viewed and voted upon, but everyone has a different concept of spooky...go for it whatever you feel like entering!

I guess what i really meant was- are they going to be too scary to be viewable lol. i hope there is nothing too creepy- ill have to close my eyes ;)

Okay, i will try find something. :)

Great idea to host another btw @Kord :)

#14 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:38 PM

I guess what i really meant was- are they going to be too scary to be viewable lol. i hope there is nothing too creepy- ill have to close my eyes ;)

Okay, i will try find something. :)

Great idea to host another btw @Kord :)

Mine was really scary for me, at least, so be careful haha

#15 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:39 PM

Mine was really scary for me, at least, so be careful haha

So was mine. O - O

#16 Norava

Norava
  • Pro Can Cran

• 547 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:23 PM

I don't think I'm qualified for scary gif's because I don't do scary movies or anything.

#17 Cannabis

Cannabis
  • yungamerican

• 970 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:43 PM

I love this competition gif for you gif for everyone

#18 arcanum

arcanum
  • 1748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:06 PM

Sooo, I just attempted to find one a minute ago and its dark in my room. Terrible idea :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:  I'll have to search tomorrow when its daylight/my lights are on/I'm not about to go to sleep. hahaha

Love this theme though! Cant wait to see all the spoopy gifs.

#19 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:08 AM

Great to see this as a regular thing thanks for hosting :D

#20 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:09 PM

I don't think I'm qualified for scary gif's because I don't do scary movies or anything.

Well hey, I thought the little floaty ghost I used in the OP was scary...it's all about perspective. :D

I love this competition gif for you gif for everyone

Great to see this as a regular thing thanks for hosting :D

So glad y'all like it! :) I'm happy to see so many entries, too...depending upon how many more we get, I may open voting up for voters to cast two or three votes each in the voting thread.

Sooo, I just attempted to find one a minute ago and its dark in my room. Terrible idea :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:  I'll have to search tomorrow when its daylight/my lights are on/I'm not about to go to sleep. hahaha

Love this theme though! Cant wait to see all the spoopy gifs.

LOL yeap, definitely not something to be pondering at night.

#21 Oninna

Oninna
  • 299 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:20 PM

I can't wait to see all the entries.

#22 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:22 PM

Submitted my entry. Interested in seeing what everyone else thinks is spoopy

#23 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:55 PM

So far, 19 entries have been submitted! :o Thank you all so much for the fun enthusiasm, this is going to be a fantastic round.  :thumbsup:

#24 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:03 PM

Will we get multiple votes? or just the one? @Kord

#25 Cerasai

Cerasai
  • 18 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:13 AM

I submitted an entry too, im curious what you all came up with :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: contest, gif, animated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users