• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Canis

Canis
  • Official Bacon Queen

• 1279 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:29 AM

The following is a guide for everything you need to know about the Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire Demo!

pokemon___omega_ruby_alpha_sapphire_by_s

Step 1: Getting the Demo

Spoiler

Note: There are many different ways to get your demo code, currently this is the easiest/requires least amount of work.

Step 2: Downloading the Demo

Once you've received your email, open it up and look for the demo code! It should look like this:

Spoiler

1) On your 3DS, open up the Nintendo eShop.

2) From the main screen, click "Menu".

3) Click "Redeem Download Code"

4) Enter your demo code. It will ask if you want to install the demo now, or later. (Entirely up to you)

After the download has completed, open up the demo!

Demo details:

• There is no character creation involved. By default, you play as Orlando, who accompanies Steven on mini-adventures.
  • You will have a choice of the following starting Pokemon: Grovyle, Combusken, or Marshtomp.
  • You will receive rewards to transfer to the full game once it releases!
  • The Japanese Demo is the only demo that features a Mega Steelix instead of a Mega Glalie.
  • Each time you start up the demo, you will be given a different adventure. 
  • You start in Mossdeep city, but there isn't much to do here--the houses/buildings remain locked, the people don't say anything interesting really.

It does not matter which starting Pokemon you pick; Steven will give you the others later on in the demo. Unfortunately, these aren't transferable.

However, I recommend against picking Grovyle, as when it evolves into Sceptile, you will be expected to catch a Glalie. This Glalie's attack critically hit Sceptile (at least, it did so to my boyfriend and caused him to faint 4-5 times).

The Glalie you capture has a Glalitite attached, which means you can Mega-Evolve him/her during battle!

Also note the the Glalie you capture in the demo, along with its held Glalitite, will be available to transfer to the full game.

Rewards?! How many times do I have to play to receive all the rewards?

Upon each completion of the demo, you will be notified if you unlock a reward. Each reward can be transferred to the full game via Pokemon Link.

• For the first completion, you receive the ability to transfer your caught Glalie + Glalitite!
  • Upon your third completion, you will receive a set of Pokeballs to transfer to the game!
  • Upon your fifth completion, you will receive a set of Heal Balls to transfer to the game!
  • Upon your tenth completion, you will receive a set of Heart Scales to transfer to the game!

Currently, the recommended number of plays is 10. I would be safe and play an 11th time, however.

It has been rumored that completing the demo once a day will give you a special reward, but this is not yet confirmed.

Well, that's about it for this guide! I'll be adding more improvements and information as needed. Thanks for reading!

Have a question? Want to discuss the demo? Leave a comment!

**You can also view Serebii's guide here.

Please go easy on me this is my very first guide ;o;

Edited by Fanged, 29 October 2014 - 10:28 AM.

#2 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:42 AM

Nice guide!! Of course I forgot to play the demo yesterday >w>

Also, there's a "Let's go somewhere secret!" option which apparently just pops up at random when you talk to Steven after playing through it a couple of times. I've avoided looking at details about it because I wanna find out what happens there myself, but I believe May's there. Maybe there's something specific you do to make it appear, I don't know :0

#3 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:43 AM

I made the mistake of naming my Glalie "butts" not knowing you transfer it to the full game. Good thing it sucks and I'll never use it.

H-hehehe...

#4 pietro

pietro
  • 50 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 October 2014 - 10:53 PM

I never got my code, even though I created an account and had the box checked. :( Tempted to try and contact the website but not sure if that will get me anywhere. Really disappointed!

#5 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:47 AM

I have skipped days :C I figure just finishing it all is good XD

#6 Canis

Canis
  • Official Bacon Queen

• 1279 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:47 PM

Nice guide!! Of course I forgot to play the demo yesterday >w>

Also, there's a "Let's go somewhere secret!" option which apparently just pops up at random when you talk to Steven after playing through it a couple of times. I've avoided looking at details about it because I wanna find out what happens there myself, but I believe May's there. Maybe there's something specific you do to make it appear, I don't know :0

Thanks, Turnip! :D

Oh, yes! I totally forgot about the secret mission. :) I'll add that to the post! (when I get around to spiffing it up)

I made the mistake of naming my Glalie "butts" not knowing you transfer it to the full game. Good thing it sucks and I'll never use it.

H-hehehe...

Haha, butts.

Kinda reminds me of when I had named my rival in Crystal "Assfuck". Now they've got stupid filters... bah.

I never got my code, even though I created an account and had the box checked. :( Tempted to try and contact the website but not sure if that will get me anywhere. Really disappointed!

@pietro I recommend trying to contact their support. Someone had done so and actually got a response. Something about them sending the demo codes out in batches? I dunno, it's worth a shot though. :)

I have skipped days :C I figure just finishing it all is good XD

Yeah, I've missed a few days myself... I don't quite care for Steven's sass and his showing off of Latios and Latias. I just fear that by the time ORAS is released, they'll be like, "and here's what you get if you completed the demo and played every single day! -superohmygod pokemon or item-" :x

#7 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2014 - 08:23 AM

I got my code this morning.

#8 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:46 AM

Is there a maximum? Like 11?

#9 Canis

Canis
  • Official Bacon Queen

• 1279 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:00 AM

@Chappy maximum what? Amount of plays?

Technically, no. You can play it an infinite number of times. after the tenth play, Steven starts to say something along the lines of "We've met so many times that I've already lost count."
Guy can't count past ten, lmao. 

As far as I know, the only thing different past the tenth play is the random secret mission, which just features May and Team Aqua/Magma (random). Also the theory of "if you play daily you get something", but again, not been confirmed. 

#10 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:22 AM

There's another secret mission, rarer than the other one, in which you get a nugget everytime you do it. You can find it on serebii.

#11 pietro

pietro
  • 50 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:04 PM

@pietro I recommend trying to contact their support. Someone had done so and actually got a response. Something about them sending the demo codes out in batches? I dunno, it's worth a shot though. :)

I actually did end up getting one, I was going to contact them this morning but it looks like they sent out another batch because a few people I know got theirs as well (some even got two codes... lol) I'm so excited to play!

#12 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2014 - 07:18 AM

If you never got a code you can get one by going here

#13 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2014 - 07:27 AM

If you never got a code you can get one by going here

Wow. YTV is doing something good for a chance.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: guide, pokemon, oras

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users