Quantcast

Photo

How many Trick-or-Treaters did you get for Halloween? What candy did you give out?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 w0nderwall

w0nderwall
  • 568 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 October 2014 - 06:42 PM

We passed out Kit Kats and Butterfingers to about 15 kids today.

We weren't expecting so many! Last year we had like 2. @_@

#2 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 October 2014 - 06:43 PM

I got 0, they know better than to come to my house.

#3 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 October 2014 - 06:45 PM

I only got 3 this year, which is strange, because there are lots of kids in my neighborhood.  We had at least 15 last year.

Here' who visited me this year:

• Ironman
  • Superman
  • A witch

And I gave them buttloads of chocolate because they are awesome kids.

Edited by Scrafty, 31 October 2014 - 06:46 PM.

#4 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 October 2014 - 06:53 PM

I got about 50 or so, ran out of candy and it's not 8pm yet.

#5 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 October 2014 - 06:54 PM

I didn't count but it seemed like we got less kids. They didn't start showing up until around 6:30, which is odd because our trick or treating starts at 6.

We passed out kit-kats, nestle crunch and herseys.

#6 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 October 2014 - 07:08 PM

None, because I have kids and take them out instead. But we didn't go very many places and got about ~13 pieces each. I'm ok with that though.

#7 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 October 2014 - 07:11 PM

We didn't get as many trick-or-treaters as I was expecting. We seem to be getting fewer every year, which is kind of sad, but at least it means I've got a ton of candy left over.

My mom didn't buy any chocolate this year because she didn't want to be tempted to eat it, so we gave out blow pops, air heads, and some other stuff.

#8 MozzarellaSticks

MozzarellaSticks
  • 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 October 2014 - 07:47 PM

We got no trick-or-treaters. Which is good because we got no candy. Plus I was at work.

We did get a few kids run through at work. One baby was fascinated by my cat mask. A little girl was very thankful I gave her some stickers. And we had bowls of candy all over the store for anyone, even employees, to grab.

It was pretty crappy for kids. Sleet and a nice, hot 37°F (3°C). But according to people coming in at work there was still a lot of kids out. My neighborhood just is all old people since it condos.

Edited by noxiousmermaid, 31 October 2014 - 07:52 PM.

#9 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 October 2014 - 08:06 PM

None! So disappointing. I had decorated the front porch, carved a pumpkin, busted out the fake cobwebs, and everything. I guess living on a small cul-de-sac has its drawbacks~

#10 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 October 2014 - 08:50 PM

well, i live in a retirement village (long story), so we had no trick or treaters lol. Some of the older folk are looking a little scary though, but i don't think they are much into dressing up lol. :)

#11 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 09:03 PM

It was raining/snowing today (but still relatively warm and not windy) so I didn't expect anyone and gave out like handfuls of candy to the first few kids to get rid of the stash. Then his hoard of like 20 kids came and I ended up finishing everything before 8pm -_-

It's pretty nice to see parents dedicated enough to take their kids out though. I live in a neighborhood full of mainland chinese immigrants who don't normally participate in these things but we seem to be getting more trick or treaters each year :)

#12 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 October 2014 - 09:34 PM

None! So disappointing. I had decorated the front porch, carved a pumpkin, busted out the fake cobwebs, and everything. I guess living on a small cul-de-sac has its drawbacks~

I had none as well, even though there were HEAPS of kids roaming the streets dressed up. But then again, we don't celebrate Halloween at my house anyway, so they would've gotten bugger all either way.

#13 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 31 October 2014 - 09:40 PM

We only got like 15 kids because we took our kids out so we weren't home when most kids were out.

#14 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 October 2014 - 11:19 PM

We always get none because we live in a basement suite and people probably don't want their kids getting murdered by coming around the back alley to knock on the creepy side door. :(

#15 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 October 2014 - 11:44 PM

We don't celebrate Halloween, but 2 kits knocked on my door for candies, and I only had energy bars, so they declined it. Ungrateful kids.

#16 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:26 AM

We got so few last year and the year before that we've stopped leaving our porch light on. It's just not worth it for us to buy candy and have a ton left over when my nobody in my house needs it. It seems like most of the locals now just do "Trunk-or-Treat" at the churches instead of going to strangers houses.

#17 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2014 - 01:02 AM

Zero. Apparently we live in a neighborhood with very few kids? Halloween is not really a big thing here except for people who just need a reason to party. xD At my parents place there were always groups of trick-or-treaters.

#18 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2014 - 01:44 AM

Maybe 20 kids or so. One teenager.

I gave out a mixed bowl of candy, Smarties, Tootsie Rolls, Dots, Tootsie Pops, and Glow Sticks. Most kids I allowed to have a hand full, excluding the teenager.

Edited by Megazord, 01 November 2014 - 01:44 AM.

#19 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:16 AM

I do not only live in the middle of nowhere, I also live in the wrong country, so no Halloween for me.
Does anybody feel like sending me Halloween candy though? I feel extremely sad now, for missing out on that!

#20 Oktober

Oktober
  • Team ASS

• 318 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:57 AM

It's just not worth it for us to buy candy and have a ton left over

sounds awesome to me

I live in the wrong country as well, it's frigging sad. I'd love to have an excuse to buy lots of sweets

#21 baswick

baswick
  • 313 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2014 - 04:42 AM

I started out with no candy, and did the democratic thing; took from the ones that visited, candy from their pails, buckets, and bags, and gave to the ones that didn't work for their candy... Me!

Edited by baswick, 01 November 2014 - 04:47 AM.

#22 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2014 - 06:21 AM

sounds awesome to me

Not with people in the house with diabetes and pre-diabetes :p

#23 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2014 - 07:39 AM

We had a decent amount I suppose.. not as many as previous years though but I live in a crescent and a lot of people just pass by it.

Also it's a big thing to go trick or treating at the malls. Like stores give out candy. A lot of kids don't even say trick or treat anymore either... they rung my bell when I was clearly just inside doing nothing. o.0 You can see right into my home... so ridiculous imo. 

I also had a 20 year old man with a full beard ask me for candy and money.... 0_0 welp then. 

#24 Oktober

Oktober
  • Team ASS

• 318 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2014 - 07:54 AM

Not with people in the house with diabetes and pre-diabetes :p

Aww, I am sorry for you guys, Kat :(

#25 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts