Interstellar [SPOILERS AHEAD]

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Cloud9

Cloud9
  • 168 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 November 2014 - 08:24 AM

Surprised there wasn't a thread about this! I'll preface the topic now with spoilers ahead in case people haven't seen it yet. So...

If you have not seen Interstellar yet and do NOT want it to be spoiled, do not read further!

Now, if you've gone to see the movie already, what did you think? :)

#2 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 November 2014 - 01:24 PM

I am going to see it tonight methinks. Love or hate it?

#3 Cloud9

Cloud9
  • 168 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 November 2014 - 11:04 PM

I actually really enjoyed it. There's a few plot holes, but overall I thought it was packaged together really well. This is probably one of Nolan's most straightforward films.

The only thing that was hard to wrap around for me was picturing Matthew Mcconaughey as a serious actor. I always had a feeling he was gonna burst out of his shirt and prance around topless on a beach. :)

#4 Michaelhex

Michaelhex
  • 1018 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 November 2014 - 03:11 AM

It was kinda long but I loved it. It revolved to a somewhat like I'm watching Discovery Channel or something and I learned new things throughout the story. You can make science look totally awesome in a movie like that, and I'm really impressed of how far they can think 'out of the box' on how to make it more interesting and way cooler than reading a book or learning in a class. No wonder they IMDB rated it 9.1 the time I watched it !

#5 Cloud9

Cloud9
  • 168 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:54 PM

Yeah, being able to visualize what a black hole looked like was pretty awesome, as well as when they try to show us what it would be like to "evolve" into beings that can "see" beyond three dimensions. That was pretty neat.

#6 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:01 PM

Plenty of human slaves for my robot colony

#7 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:21 PM

Wow, that was amazing!! My brain was toast after watching it, i basically needed to take a nap lol. Well done team, i say! There were some obvious flaws in the film (there has to be, its a film about time travel), and some slightly odd relationship developments, but overall i thought it was great! loved it!! :)

#8 Cloud9

Cloud9
  • 168 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:21 AM

Plenty of human slaves for my robot colony

Lol. TARS practically stole the show for me. Though... makes you wonder why they couldn't have just copied TARS x12 for the first one-way missions... would have made the decision-making a lot easier regarding which planet was actually habitable. :X

#9 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:56 AM

I want to see this movie really badly but black holes freak me out so... I'm still trying to determine whether I can handle it or not. Plus I want to see 5 other movies but you guys are saying it's really good so... i'll probably see it in IMAX to really freak myself out. Also Anne Hathaway is hot.

#10 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:58 AM

I want to see this movie really badly but black holes freak me out so... I'm still trying to determine whether I can handle it or not. Plus I want to see 5 other movies but you guys are saying it's really good so... i'll probably see it in IMAX to really freak myself out. Also Anne Hathaway is hot.

I think they do a pretty good job of making the black hole about as mild as it could be. Call it- the friendly black hole. lol. I would definitely recommend watching it! :)

#11 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:23 PM

I think they do a pretty good job of making the black hole about as mild as it could be. Call it- the friendly black hole. lol. I would definitely recommend watching it! :)

Friendly black hole reminds me of a human orfice so I think I can see this thinking that the black hole is a butthole hahaha

#12 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:56 PM

Lol. TARS practically stole the show for me. Though... makes you wonder why they couldn't have just copied TARS x12 for the first one-way missions... would have made the decision-making a lot easier regarding which planet was actually habitable. :X

I'd rather send someone qualified like Dr Mann Jason Bourne instead, he'd actually get the mission done  :lol2:

#13 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 November 2014 - 10:07 PM

I went to see this.

Major regrets.

I feel really perturbed. 

The acting was great however I found it was longer than it needed to be.

I definitely cried. a lot.

Also discovered that I am jumpier than a 10 year old girl who sat next to me. 

#14 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 November 2014 - 10:09 PM

I went to see this.

Major regrets.

I feel really perturbed. 

The acting was great however I found it was longer than it needed to be.

I definitely cried. a lot.

why?

#15 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 November 2014 - 10:20 PM

why?

I didn't think it was going to tear me up inside like it did. 

I know it's going to be something I think about for a long time and with no real purpose.

Also you know, the evil of humanity sometimes astounds me despite them showing some of the really good parts too. 

I could go on but I think that about sums it up =|

#16 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 November 2014 - 10:31 PM

I didn't think it was going to tear me up inside like it did. 

I know it's going to be something I think about for a long time and with no real purpose.

Also you know, the evil of humanity sometimes astounds me despite them showing some of the really good parts too. 

I could go on but I think that about sums it up =|

ah. yes, i ended up thinking about it for a while after seeing it. I wasn't a huge fan of how it ended.

nice observation about the evil of humanity. i am continually astounded by it... it sometimes scares me more that someones brain thought it up before it went into the film lol. anyways..

:)

#17 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2014 - 04:39 PM

aVQK5eP_460s_v1.jpg

#18 Canyon

Canyon
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:53 AM

Watch Interstellar on the big screen bruh

Wouldn't feel the same on a desktop screen.

10/10 Interstellar was perfect, would cry again

#19 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:36 PM

just saw it

#20 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:52 PM

I think it was mediocre, and that Matthew McConaughey and Anne Hathaway are the bad guys in the movie for trying and stopping Matt Damon.

#21 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:14 PM

I think it was mediocre, and that Matthew McConaughey and Anne Hathaway are the bad guys in the movie for trying and stopping Matt Damon.

Yeah I think I'd give it a 7, the actors performances were a bit forgettable (McConaughey and Chastain did well, seen them both give more inspired performances however)

As far as Damon is concerned, I found his performance a little unbelievable. I would have liked to see his character act a bit darker (bit more crazy) for how long he'd been there. I thought he was a little too level headed and apologetic for having just attempted to murder 3 people. 

Cool concept, time/black holes etc. are always interesting to me, and of course the movie was beautifully shot.

Probably won't watch it again but I enjoyed it.

#22 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:21 PM

I'm kind of surprised everyone wasn't as hyped about this movie as I was. I mean, I'm a diehard Nolan brothers fan, but damn. I though the film deserved a lot more praise than it got in reviews and comments. McConaughey once again blew me away with his performance, as well as Jessica Chastain and David Gyasi. Hell, even young Mackenzie Foy was brilliant. The effects were awe-inspiring and the story was one I want to hear again. Sure, there were some bits that were a bit slow or quite convoluted, but it all pieced together beautifully at the end. I can't wait for it to come out on Blu-Ray so I can show my dad, who missed it in theaters. I've infected him with the Nolan-obsession bug.

#23 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:22 AM

I'm kind of surprised everyone wasn't as hyped about this movie as I was. I mean, I'm a diehard Nolan brothers fan, but damn. I though the film deserved a lot more praise than it got in reviews and comments. McConaughey once again blew me away with his performance, as well as Jessica Chastain and David Gyasi. Hell, even young Mackenzie Foy was brilliant. The effects were awe-inspiring and the story was one I want to hear again. Sure, there were some bits that were a bit slow or quite convoluted, but it all pieced together beautifully at the end. I can't wait for it to come out on Blu-Ray so I can show my dad, who missed it in theaters. I've infected him with the Nolan-obsession bug.

Because this movie is scary as hell. :'( I literally cry thinking about this film ahah

#24 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:56 AM

Because this movie is scary as hell. :'( I literally cry thinking about this film ahah

Aw, haha. It did make me cry in the theater, and I'm sure I'll cry again watching it with my dad, but I never found it scary. I did, however, find it incredibly moving. A father's love for his daughter is an amazing thing, and to lose a daughter - in any sense of the word - must be terrible. I guess there was a part of me that was scared that Murph would never see her father again. :( This movie wrecked me.

#25 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:54 PM

Aw, haha. It did make me cry in the theater, and I'm sure I'll cry again watching it with my dad, but I never found it scary. I did, however, find it incredibly moving. A father's love for his daughter is an amazing thing, and to lose a daughter - in any sense of the word - must be terrible. I guess there was a part of me that was scared that Murph would never see her father again. :( This movie wrecked me.

I would let the planet burn before I left like that. I wouldn't even leave my dog. Also, Matt Damon is evil.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users