Photo
  • Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 RelevantHorror

RelevantHorror
  • 25 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:45 AM

Well, I know a lot of people play shooters like Call of Duty, or Battlefield, or Halo, or Destiny. And some of us play RPG's, and some of us play sports games. But I'm curious, how many of you (besides me) hear the call of a fighting game. 1 on 1, a duel of wits, skill, and maybe a little luck? I'm talking some of the big ones, of course, but mostly some ones that aren't so well known. Blazblue, Persona 4 Arena, King of Fighters, Guilty Gear. I play so many fighters, know so many characters, so if you're a fighter like me, let's talk about 'em, discuss strategies, favorite characters, epic moments from fights. Or, if you're new to fighters or curious about them, let this be your dojo, and we that know, your masters. 

#2 Tubbz

Tubbz
  • The High Fairy of Priestessvil.

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 November 2014 - 08:37 AM

Tekken and MK are my 2 main ones, do like Soul Cal as well. Can't wait to get my hands on killer instinct either. 

#3 RelevantHorror

RelevantHorror
  • 25 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 November 2014 - 09:05 AM

Tekken and MK are my 2 main ones, do like Soul Cal as well. Can't wait to get my hands on killer instinct either. 

I did enjoy Tekken Tag 2, and MKX looks to be just absolutely beast. KI....eh...they did the SF4 thing, making it 3D slowed it down. But, I still expect it to be great. 

#4 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:05 PM

Street Fighter 4

SSB3DS

Marvel vs Capcom 3

#5 RelevantHorror

RelevantHorror
  • 25 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:26 PM

Street Fighter 4

SSB3DS

Marvel vs Capcom 3

Who do you play in SSF4 and MVC3? Anyone you like to play but aren't good with/wanna learn?

#6 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:37 PM

Who do you play in SSF4 and MVC3? Anyone you like to play but aren't good with/wanna learn?

Depending on who I'm fighting in SSF4 I play as either Ryu or Sakura.

In MVC3 i use Ironman, Doctor Doom and Thor :p

#7 RelevantHorror

RelevantHorror
  • 25 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:41 PM

Depending on who I'm fighting in SSF4 I play as either Ryu or Sakura.

In MVC3 i use Ironman, Doctor Doom and Thor :p

I do love Sakura. I played Juri a lot. In SFxTekken, I played Kazuya and Juri, cause they were brutal. I learned a little bit of Cody, cause he's boss.

And that's a good MVC3 team. I use Doom, my main is Vergil. My usual Team was...Dante, Doom, and Vergil. Gives me the chance to be in your face quick, or blast you from across the map. Either or, ya know? I also played Wesker for his absolute crushing speed, Nemesis cause....well c'mon. And a few others. 

#8 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:46 PM

Meepit vs Feepit

#9 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:52 PM

I do love Sakura. I played Juri a lot. In SFxTekken, I played Kazuya and Juri, cause they were brutal. I learned a little bit of Cody, cause he's boss.

And that's a good MVC3 team. I use Doom, my main is Vergil. My usual Team was...Dante, Doom, and Vergil. Gives me the chance to be in your face quick, or blast you from across the map. Either or, ya know? I also played Wesker for his absolute crushing speed, Nemesis cause....well c'mon. And a few others. 

Most satisfying thing is chaining air combos :3

#10 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:57 PM

Wasn't KI kinda 3D ish?

Well moreso than SF was.

#11 RelevantHorror

RelevantHorror
  • 25 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 November 2014 - 03:01 PM

Most satisfying thing is chaining air combos :3

Nothing worse than having a perfect air combo going, just for a reversal to slap you in the face. Damn you other player for pressing the right button!

Wasn't KI kinda 3D ish?

Well moreso than SF was.

Well, my thing is that SF4 kinda ruined SF for me. Cause, the 2.5D Aspect of it made it so slow. I mean, compared to Guilty Gear and Blazblue, it's slow no matter what SF you're playing, but SF4 is just so...sluggish to me. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy it, I do. But I'd prefer it if Capcom just said "Let's go back to full 2D." Then the new characters would feel a lot smoother to me. But, that won't happen. KI is like, fully holy hell 3D rendered, but is still 2.5D in it's fighting style. And that's more of a slowdown than SF4 could ever be.

#12 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 November 2014 - 03:37 PM

Nothing worse than having a perfect air combo going, just for a reversal to slap you in the face. Damn you other player for pressing the right button!

In MvC3, not ultimate, all I did was churn butter and press whatever button and I think it only failed me once lol!

I used to play SF2, SF4, KI, Primal Rage, SSB, SSBBrawl, Soul Caliber 4, Tekken 4, MvC through MvC3, P4A and U, and all the Blazblues.

#13 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 November 2014 - 04:47 PM

I only really play Injustice. However, I DID make a Denmark iTunes account just to download Marvel Contest of Champions a few months early :)

#14 RelevantHorror

RelevantHorror
  • 25 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 November 2014 - 09:10 PM

I only really play Injustice. However, I DID make a Denmark iTunes account just to download Marvel Contest of Champions a few months early :)

Who do you usually play in Injustice? Anyone you'd like to learn in it but don't ever play?

#15 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:55 AM

Who do you usually play in Injustice? Anyone you'd like to learn in it but don't ever play?

I usually use my Red Son team (Wonder woman, superman, and green lantern). I'm kinda sad I missed the Wonder Woman 300 event. She is a very good base to any team.

Trying to decide whether to elite VII my arkham origins deathstroke, the new raven, or to wait for future characters.

#16 RelevantHorror

RelevantHorror
  • 25 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:32 PM

I usually use my Red Son team (Wonder woman, superman, and green lantern). I'm kinda sad I missed the Wonder Woman 300 event. She is a very good base to any team.

Trying to decide whether to elite VII my arkham origins deathstroke, the new raven, or to wait for future characters.

Well, future characters are out of the question, cause they only had 6 DLC characters, Lobo, Zod, Batgirl, Martian Manhunter, Zatanna and Scorpion. My best's are Lobo, Zod and Bane. I do love Deathstroke, cause if you don't abuse his guns, he can really keep someone on their toes. One of my best friends plays Raven, and she is absolutely terrifying in her ability to zone someone and basically CC them to her will.

#17 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:47 PM

Well, future characters are out of the question, cause they only had 6 DLC characters, Lobo, Zod, Batgirl, Martian Manhunter, Zatanna and Scorpion. My best's are Lobo, Zod and Bane. I do love Deathstroke, cause if you don't abuse his guns, he can really keep someone on their toes. One of my best friends plays Raven, and she is absolutely terrifying in her ability to zone someone and basically CC them to her will.

Oh, I guess I didn't mention I play iOS. They come out with new characters all the time :p

#18 RelevantHorror

RelevantHorror
  • 25 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:08 PM

Oh, I guess I didn't mention I play iOS. They come out with new characters all the time :p

....well that explains a lot XD. I'm talking console version. Do you play any console fighting games?

#19 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:13 PM

....well that explains a lot XD. I'm talking console version. Do you play any console fighting games?

..No :'(

#20 RelevantHorror

RelevantHorror
  • 25 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2014 - 07:11 PM

..No :'(

Oh no don't make a sad face! That's fine. Do you own any consoles? Any interest in fighting games? I'm not joking when I say i'm an expert at multiple games. I've played them most of my life. I have a lot of info. What do you play on for systems?

#21 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:37 AM

Oh no don't make a sad face! That's fine. Do you own any consoles? Any interest in fighting games? I'm not joking when I say i'm an expert at multiple games. I've played them most of my life. I have a lot of info. What do you play on for systems?

I do own a console but I rarely get to play it. It's an xbox 360 at my parents place 'cause I'm at school. But I have no one on one fighting games. Injustice iOS is as deep as I go :p

#22 Mizk

Mizk
  • 137 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:08 PM

I'm playing Project M right now. It's a competitive mod made for Super Smash Bros Brawl, which sorta makes it play more like Melee. 100 times more fun than Brawl, and also 100 times more competitive. There are tournaments where I live *and* my friends play, so no shortage of games.

I played SF4 for a while, but my internet kinda sucks and my IRL friends who played it stopped playing, and therefore I stopped playing.

I play Zelda and Viper. I like flashy characters that allow you to do things that look cool.

None of my friends play fighting games, unfortunately, and my internet sucks which makes me get red-yellow bars with very few green bars, and those things combined = me not playing fighting games as much as I would like to. I really want to play UNIEL (Yuzu looks cool) but there's just no incentive with bad internet and no IRL people to play it with.

Edited by Mizk, 18 November 2014 - 02:09 PM.

#23 RelevantHorror

RelevantHorror
  • 25 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2014 - 07:10 PM

I'm playing Project M right now. It's a competitive mod made for Super Smash Bros Brawl, which sorta makes it play more like Melee. 100 times more fun than Brawl, and also 100 times more competitive. There are tournaments where I live *and* my friends play, so no shortage of games.

I played SF4 for a while, but my internet kinda sucks and my IRL friends who played it stopped playing, and therefore I stopped playing.

I play Zelda and Viper. I like flashy characters that allow you to do things that look cool.

None of my friends play fighting games, unfortunately, and my internet sucks which makes me get red-yellow bars with very few green bars, and those things combined = me not playing fighting games as much as I would like to. I really want to play UNIEL (Yuzu looks cool) but there's just no incentive with bad internet and no IRL people to play it with.

Project M is a blast. I have recently got that, but I'm not as big of a Smash player as my friends are. They're uber excited for Smash 4 coming out soon, thought it probably still won't be competitive cause Nintendo's a dick like that. I've discussed SF4 of course, and my...semi dislike. Not a hate, but not a love. 

#24 Mizk

Mizk
  • 137 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:25 AM

I was kinda excited about Smash 4 also, but then I got the 3DS version and it dissuaded my from buying a Wii U

The ledge mechanics are weird (no ledge hogging), rolls are OP while throws are UP, and it's still just as floaty as Brawl and doesn't have grounded momentum carry into jumps.

IMO it's more casual than Brawl, but we'll see when the Wii U version hits. Everyone is under the impression that all of their problems with the game will be solves by a real controller, but I just don't see it going that way. It *could* go that way, but I'm not hopeful

EDIT: Yeah, I understand the SF4 thing. Fortunately for me, SF4 was the first time that I actually learned the moves and played the game instead of button mashing, and I have very little fighting game experience outside of SF4. Third Strike looks fun, but like I said I don't have many RL friends who are interested at all in real fighting games, so that's another game I haven't played. I do prefer the look of 2d sprites over 3d models for fighters, and I'd like to see what the new characters would look like as sprites. I'm interested in how Omega will turn out, since it's looking to be a very "for fun" kinda of game.

I will say though that I feel I can appreciate the slowness you're referring to, because I feel like Melee -> Brawl is the same sense.

Edited by Mizk, 19 November 2014 - 08:40 AM.

#25 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 November 2014 - 06:18 PM

Finished Blazblue Chronophantasma's story like a week ago. What a snoozefest. I probaby spoiled myself a bit due to finishing Persona Ultimax's story, which took a bunch of cues from BBCP. But, yeah it doesn't feel like much happened or got resolved.

I hate the slowness of SF4 and beyond lol. And for whatever reason I hate not having the option to air-block.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: video games, fighting games, street fighter, marvel vs. capcom, blazblue, guilty gear, persona 4 arena, king of fighters, tekken, soul calibur

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users