• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:50 PM

2014-11-13 15:48:23 - Warning: Main Shop Restocking Ban Detected. Waiting...

This happens when ever you sit in a shop for too long now, that has 0 items.

Any way we can get an update to Abrosia that allows you to not check for restock bans at all?

#2 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:08 PM

2014-11-13 15:48:23 - Warning: Main Shop Restocking Ban Detected. Waiting...

This happens when ever you sit in a shop for too long now, that has 0 items.

Any way we can get an update to Abrosia that allows you to not check for restock bans at all?

Then you're refreshing in a shop that you've been banned in for however long you're ABing.

You'll get frozen for that.

#3 LostinSpace

LostinSpace
  • 173 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:09 PM

You can try setting your program to not check for bans as often.  My default is set for 15 minutes.  I am not sure what the maximum amt of minutes you can set it for would be.  I changed mine to 120 minutes.

#4 LostinSpace

LostinSpace
  • 173 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:19 PM

Maybe Abrosia should only declare a restock ban after seeing no items in a predefined shop for an entire 30 minutes. That way if you ARE restock banned (and not just the shop reset), you would only be refreshing in vain for half an hour, which surely isn't a bannable offense

That's a good idea.  I think I will change my settings to 30 minutes.

#5 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:24 PM

The shops seems to all clear at once every once in a while.

Maybe a smarter ban checker that will check more than just the tiki shop?

#6 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:36 PM

Do ALL of the shops clear up at the same time? If so, checking other shops wouldn't make a difference, and Abrosia would still call a false restock ban.

Some shops are bound to restock soon after the clearing. That's why I suggest it checks multiple instead of just tiki.

And from what I've seen, there is at least one point of time that all shops clear at once. It seemed to hit at 4:00:00 last time that everything cleared.

Edited by Megazord, 13 November 2014 - 04:38 PM.

#7 Nano

Nano
  • a delicious kiwi

• 325 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 November 2014 - 05:38 PM

Do ALL of the shops clear up at the same time? If so, checking other shops wouldn't make a difference, and Abrosia would still call a false restock ban.

No. I was refreshing Magic, Stamp and Card and both Magic and Stamp cleared at the same time, but card went and checked Book as well and that was fine. Only issue is that shops can clear during a restock. 

#8 Ka1

Ka1
  • 955 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 November 2014 - 06:05 PM

That's a good idea.  I think I will change my settings to 30 minutes.

But what if you are really banned. Restocking when you see blank shops for 30min is a bit suspicious

well that is if tnt checks...

#9 baswick

baswick
  • 313 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 November 2014 - 06:21 PM

I'm not a fan of the new system for RS. It's nice, but it shouldn't be as often as it's happening. Maybe once every 4-8 hours each day the stocks clear out, and not in the middle of a RS.

#10 Ka1

Ka1
  • 955 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 November 2014 - 06:24 PM

I'm not a fan of the new system for RS. It's nice, but it shouldn't be as often as it's happening. Maybe once every 4-8 hours each day the stocks clear out, and not in the middle of a RS.

I think there is a fixed time to the update

TP RS&chat thinks it is 56 min apart

need more data to confirm

so if you are haggling and the shop update, what happens? have not experienced it yet

Edited by kai1, 13 November 2014 - 06:24 PM.

#11 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 November 2014 - 07:25 PM

so if you are haggling and the shop update, what happens? have not experienced it yet

The shop beats you and says it is sold out. It happened to me when I was clearing earlier. Unless some other person. Was clearing the shop.

#12 Nano

Nano
  • a delicious kiwi

• 325 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 November 2014 - 08:06 PM

Not all shops clear at once.

#13 masxed

masxed
  • 712 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 November 2014 - 08:41 PM

I thought about mentioning this too, but figured everybody who knows how to work the ABer was already increasing their "check for ban" settings. It does seem like many shops reset at the same time, I'm not sure if they actually reset at different times or if some are stocking right after the reset making it look that way?

#14 Michaelhex

Michaelhex
  • 1018 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 November 2014 - 09:56 PM

Why should you increase the 'check for ban removal' when you can actually decrease it (lower) ? Isn't that more practical ? Like if it really did misread a 0 item stock and go for the Igloo or something, why not set the 'check for ban removal' to be lower so it rechecks more often to really determined which the of two conditions is true. Mine is set to the default 15min and it's working great, although yeah the program do come out with the statement that I am RS banned although I'm guessing it actually not :D

#15 Fisher

Fisher
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:15 PM

Why should you increase the 'check for ban removal' when you can actually decrease it (lower) ? Isn't that more practical ? Like if it really did misread a 0 item stock and go for the Igloo or something, why not set the 'check for ban removal' to be lower so it rechecks more often to really determined which the of two conditions is true. Mine is set to the default 15min and it's working great, although yeah the program do come out with the statement that I am RS banned although I'm guessing it actually not :D

What if you actually are banned, and you're just refreshing hopelessly? :o

#16 Ka1

Ka1
  • 955 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 November 2014 - 02:09 AM

The shop beats you and says it is sold out. It happened to me when I was clearing earlier. Unless some other person. Was clearing the shop.

O i see.

tnt can taunt ppl with retired items and update the very next second. LOL

Not all shops clear at once.

I seen most shops update the same time.

the other shops update very soon after too...

it is very hard to know if I am banned.

legit or AB alike

#17 Michaelhex

Michaelhex
  • 1018 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 November 2014 - 02:41 AM

What if you actually are banned, and you're just refreshing hopelessly? :o

Well, if you set it like 15min or so, and say you're banned for 3 hours, isn't  that like only 12 refreshes ? Wouldn't you yourself when playing legit will often check if the ban is raised ? 

#18 w0nderwall

w0nderwall
  • 568 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:25 AM

Maybe Abrosia should only declare a restock ban after seeing no items in a predefined shop for an entire 30 minutes. That way if you ARE restock banned (and not just the shop reset), you would only be refreshing in vain for half an hour, which surely isn't a bannable offense

This is a very reasonable check imo. Or whatever time value you put in.

#19 Oktober

Oktober
  • Team ASS

• 318 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:49 PM

I am no programmer, but a function that checks  3-4 other (maybe random? idk) shops for the restock ban would be a simple and effective solution, like it's been said before, not all of the shops clear out at once

Edited by Oktober, 14 November 2014 - 01:49 PM.

#20 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 November 2014 - 02:04 PM

I am no programmer, but a function that checks  3-4 other (maybe random? idk) shops for the restock ban would be a simple and effective solution, like it's been said before, not all of the shops clear out at once

Every once in a while, most shops do. Maybe not all, but a huge amount.

#21 Oktober

Oktober
  • Team ASS

• 318 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 November 2014 - 02:22 PM

Every once in a while, most shops do. Maybe not all, but a huge amount.

Well, I was ABing in Magic before and Abrosia told me I was restock banned... I checked 3 shops, they were all full. 

Is there a schedule for this? Or does it happen randomly?

#22 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 November 2014 - 02:23 PM

Well, I was ABing in Magic before and Abrosia told me I was restock banned... I checked 3 shops, they were all full. 

Is there a schedule for this? Or does it happen randomly?

I haven't noticed a specific interval in time.

#23 Fisher

Fisher
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 02:32 PM

I haven't noticed a specific interval in time.

I don't think anyone has quite yet. There have been times where it takes ~20 minutes to clear and then some where it's back to back in like 3 minutes. The boards I lurk post shops that have frequently been seen not to clear when all others have, so it'd just be a matter of programming something to check maybe those few shops.

#24 Aksar

Aksar
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 05:27 PM

Everyone in this thread seems to not have actually tested their suggestions of using a higher time between RS ban checks. Even if you put 9999 minutes it doesn't actually override it to only check this often. It checking 3 shops that are empty in a row triggers it to think its RS banned. 

The program is currently not able to handle the new systems without constantly having to babysit it.

Edited by Aksar, 14 November 2014 - 05:28 PM.

#25 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 November 2014 - 05:36 PM

Everyone in this thread seems to not have actually tested their suggestions of using a higher time between RS ban checks. Even if you put 9999 minutes it doesn't actually override it to only check this often. It checking 3 shops that are empty in a row triggers it to think its RS banned. 

The program is currently not able to handle the new systems without constantly having to babysit it.

The program allows you to check for a ban's lifting, not the fact that there is a ban. So if you start the program up, and there was a clearing recently. It automatically thinks you were rs banned.

When I run it, I tend to stop and start it up as needed for only one shop restocking when, where, and how long I want it to run. If all shops are cleared, I end up getting stuck with an Abrosia ban as it seems until Tiki gets items stocked.

Edited by Megazord, 14 November 2014 - 05:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users