Photo

Update makes Abrosia think you are Banned

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#26 Aksar

Aksar
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 06:43 PM

I actually tested using 30 minute RS ban checks, and I didn't have any issues with it. The thing is, if you make it check for RS bans less often, then it's less likely that when Abrosia checks for an RS ban, it won't accidentally stumble upon a shop reset. However, if you do get RS banned, Abrosia will find out within 30 minutes. It works out better.

I wasn't using an aggressive refresh rate so I'd never encounter an RS ban doing 4-5 hour sessions before. The feature of checking for RS bans serves me no purpose, so having the ability to turn it off completely would benefit myself with the false positives currently. 

#27 wtfints

wtfints
  • 518 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 November 2014 - 07:21 PM

I actually tested using 30 minute RS ban checks, and I didn't have any issues with it. The thing is, if you make it check for RS bans less often, then it's less likely that when Abrosia checks for an RS ban, it won't accidentally stumble upon a shop reset. However, if you do get RS banned, Abrosia will find out within 30 minutes. It works out better.

Abrosia can only check for RS ban removal.

Like Megazord said, the program declares RS ban when the shop is empty and not based on your settings.

For me, the current way is to increase the wait delay, and set the check for RS ban removal to lowest. ( of course you have to physically check once in a while that you are not really RS ban)

#28 masxed

masxed
  • 712 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:53 PM

Abrosia can only check for RS ban removal.

Like Megazord said, the program declares RS ban when the shop is empty and not based on your settings.

For me, the current way is to increase the wait delay, and set the check for RS ban removal to lowest. ( of course you have to physically check once in a while that you are not really RS ban)

I must have completely missed that you can change the "check for RS ban" settings. For a while I thought checking for removal was the only thing I could change. Thanks! :)

#29 joshy9096

joshy9096
  • 160 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 02:04 AM

my RS ban check in 100m and i have a scheduled set up now so i don't end up refreshing in 1 shop for 30+ minuets and it seems to working ok so far 

yes ran for 1 hour and it work like normal i just made sure my profit minim was higher :) i managed to get over 40 items in the hour 

Edited by joshy9096, 15 November 2014 - 06:13 AM.

#30 rowdierowd

rowdierowd
  • 93 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 07:22 AM

Guys we need to find a way to know for sure if we are RS banned before we can do anything. Not even legit RSers know how to tell at this point. That is the key!

If we know that than we can change the whole way we are thinking about this. It doesn't need to be tiki that it check's cuz obviously tiki resets just like the rest of the shops.

Maybe a runthru of a list of shops??  Make it check like 10 different shops and if they are all clear then it would stop. Make a way you could set a check time where it would check back in say 10 minute intervals. If everything is clear after checking 10 different shops 10 minutes apart im pretty sure your rs banned. If you see something then bam back to ab'ing...

Idk just a thought.

#31 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 November 2014 - 01:48 PM

How about choice to have abrosia do a second account to log into, that will check if the shops really did clear or if you were banned.

#32 Fisher

Fisher
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 07:09 PM

Guys we need to find a way to know for sure if we are RS banned before we can do anything. Not even legit RSers know how to tell at this point. That is the key!

If we know that than we can change the whole way we are thinking about this. It doesn't need to be tiki that it check's cuz obviously tiki resets just like the rest of the shops.

Maybe a runthru of a list of shops??  Make it check like 10 different shops and if they are all clear then it would stop. Make a way you could set a check time where it would check back in say 10 minute intervals. If everything is clear after checking 10 different shops 10 minutes apart im pretty sure your rs banned. If you see something then bam back to ab'ing...

Idk just a thought.

As long as they randomize the shops we check, I don't see a problem with your suggestion. Otherwise it'd be easy to spot an AB'er if they all checked the same 10 shops in a row.

#33 Hulmify

Hulmify
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 10:39 PM

How about choice to have abrosia do a second account to log into, that will check if the shops really did clear or if you were banned.

This is another good idea too.

#34 rowdierowd

rowdierowd
  • 93 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 11:44 PM

As long as they randomize the shops we check, I don't see a problem with your suggestion. Otherwise it'd be easy to spot an AB'er if they all checked the same 10 shops in a row.

Yeah I like that idea...

#35 wtfints

wtfints
  • 518 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:02 AM

I must have completely missed that you can change the "check for RS ban" settings. For a while I thought checking for removal was the only thing I could change. Thanks! :)

so there is a check for RS ban option? where can i find it?

I only see a "Check for Main Shop RS Ban Removal every (mins):' option

Edited by wtfints, 16 November 2014 - 01:10 AM.

#36 rowdierowd

rowdierowd
  • 93 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:09 AM

General setting in abrosia

#37 masxed

masxed
  • 712 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 November 2014 - 09:38 AM

I still haven't found an option like that. :ohwell:  I can't even figure out what interval it is on by default. Sometimes it checks for a ban too often to run the program, other times it dosen't check for 30 minutes of being in a shop with 0 items. I just hope for the latter each time I fire up abrosia! :p

Idk just a thought.

Both of those ideas are good for checking for a ban, but wouldn't it be a great first step if their was an option for turning off checking for RS bans? Or lessen the interval? 

I believe ValorSuite didn't check for bans until a somewhat recent update. With how common shop clearing is now, and how avoidable RS bans are I feel like automated methods to check for the bans might just slow things down when we can do it our-selves periodically.

Edited by masxed, 16 November 2014 - 09:39 AM.

#38 Fisher

Fisher
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 10:02 AM

That is essentially the one that was aforementioned. If you set the check for removal for 1 minute, which is the lowest, Abrosia will only wait a minute if you are detected for RS ban. If you disable igloo and attic options and keep this at 1 minute, it should only take 1 minute to just sit and wait. You might miss the latest restock, but at least your program won't be deterred by a false RS ban or jumping to the Igloo.

#39 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:18 AM

@staff are there any plans to fix this?

#40 Loccy

Loccy
  • 111 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:15 AM

I'm having trouble with this too. No matter what I change the settings to, it keeps checking for RS Ban the second I start the program, so I can't even view the shops :\

#41 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:17 AM

Just letting you guys know that we're looking into it now. I cant promise anything but hopefully it's just a quick fix. For now, if you can, try adjusting the 'Check for RS ban every x minutes' option and see if that helps?

#42 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:45 AM

Just letting you guys know that we're looking into it now. I cant promise anything but hopefully it's just a quick fix. For now, if you can, try adjusting the 'Check for RS ban every x minutes' option and see if that helps?

That does the trick for the most part.

#43 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:44 PM

That does the trick for the most part.

Unless you are just booting up the program. Then it makes it unusable until tiki stocks up.

#44 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:24 PM

tiki

There's your problem.

#45 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:40 PM

This should actually be a simple fix; i will look into it tonight after i get off work.

#46 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:26 PM

Cheers @Pyro699 :)

#47 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:06 PM

This should actually be a simple fix; i will look into it tonight after i get off work.

Thank you!

#48 Loccy

Loccy
  • 111 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:41 AM

Im finding that Abrosia is checking for RS ban every time theres a clear, which means that every time there is a clear, it thinks im banned and I miss pretty much everything :\

I have my check for RS time set to over 100 minutes but it seems to do this regardless of what I have it set as.

Anyone know what I can do to rectify this?

#49 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 November 2014 - 08:53 AM

Im finding that Abrosia is checking for RS ban every time theres a clear, which means that every time there is a clear, it thinks im banned and I miss pretty much everything :\

I have my check for RS time set to over 100 minutes but it seems to do this regardless of what I have it set as.

Anyone know what I can do to rectify this?

Nothing until the program gets a fix.

#50 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 November 2014 - 04:00 PM

Fixed restock ban detection... Update to version 2.6.2 (simply restart program manager)

(My apologies for the delay)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users