• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 November 2014 - 05:53 AM

'Murica is spending this day shopping and posting on Facebook about what they are thankful for.

I am thankful for my family, who is super supportive of me. I love that we are close, that we all get along, that there is no drama, and that we are all healthy and intelligent people.

I am thankful for my awesome husband. I can't understand why someone would go through what he has gone through to be with me. I'm not that great.

I am thankful for the few close friends I have (online), and the dozens of acquaintances that I enjoy being around (also online).

I am thankful for my job. Someone took a chance on a stupid teenager ten years ago and gave me a job in eye care, and now I am considered an expert and run an education center training and teaching other people in my field.

Tell me what you are thankful for!

#2 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 November 2014 - 06:02 AM

Great thread idea Nymh!

I'm thankful for the opportunity to spend my thanksgiving with my sister, and nieces in Georgia. These kids, 4 and 7 year's old, mean everything to me. It's hard to describe the true joy I feel when I see one of them smile or hear their laughter.

I'm thankful for the awesome web of friends and family I have. No matter what situation comes around my family and friends will be there for each other.

I'm thankful for my dog and her 8 beautiful puppies; I can't wait to get home next Friday and see them!

There's certainly a lot more, but my thumbs are tired from typing lol. I hope everyone has a safe, and fulfilling holiday season!

Cheers!

#3 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:12 AM

It's been pretty alright. I'm thankful for my divorce-extended family. I'm thankful for the massive spike in AAPL share price. I'm thankful for my continuing and soon ending education. More than anything I'm happy that I've still got all you little psychos in my life and one new one @Padme ^_^

#4 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 November 2014 - 08:09 AM

Today I'm mostly thankful for unexpected voicemails.

#5 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 November 2014 - 08:19 AM

Today I'm mostly thankful for unexpected voicemails.

My dad is switching to a GS position from contractor and they called today to tell him he needed to fax in some documents. ~_~

#6 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 November 2014 - 08:43 AM

I'm thankful for the internet, because how else would I be able to share my thoughts and talents with you guys? :D

#7 Jake1

Jake1
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 08:58 AM

im thankful for my family, and my 2 dogs ;)

#8 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 November 2014 - 09:01 AM

I'm thankful for this forum, because everyone I've met here is such a wonderful person and this forum feels like my online home.

I'm thankful for my family and my heath as well.

#9 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 November 2014 - 10:19 AM

I'm thankful for all of you for keeping me entertained all the time.

I'm thankful for my friends(real life and online) and family who are amazing and keep me sane.

I'm thankful for Frodo and Sam (for taking the ring to Mordor) but really my two cats who sleep with me every night so I'm not lonely.

#10 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 November 2014 - 10:54 AM

I am thankful for my family who are amazing and supportive, and that we are all really close-knit. I am especially thankful for the fact that even though we are starting to number in the 50s, we are all fit (well, some of us are) and healthy.

I am thankful for the second chance I have to go to med school next year, even though I screwed up my first chance beyond belief and thought it would never happen.

I am thankful that November has been the best month of the year so far (for reasons), so many good things have happened that I'm slightly overwhelmed - in the best way possible.

And I am thankful for you guys - even though I have little to say and of seemingly little value, this is now the first place I come to when I'm on a computer and there's almost always something that gets a little chuckle out of me. I signed up, not expecting to ever post, and now I can't remember why I thought that.

#11 WeirwoodTreeHugger

WeirwoodTreeHugger
  • 89 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 10:56 AM

I'm thankful for my boyfriend. He has taken me in, and has taken care of my psychotic ass for 3 years. He has loved me no matter what, has always been there for me and is such a great lay. :wub: :wub: :wub:  He's the best thing that's ever happened to me.

I'm also thankful for this website cause cheating duh.

Oh and food. I'm thankful for food erryday.

#12 lanalang

lanalang
  • 134 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 November 2014 - 11:07 AM

this thread is so sweet <3

#13 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 November 2014 - 02:21 PM

I am thankful for my family both immediate and extended. i am thankful for friends all over the world. I am thankful for many other things, but those two stand out. Great thread idea @Nymh  :)

#14 Chameleon

Chameleon
  • vampire or somesuch

• 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 November 2014 - 03:44 PM

I'm thankful for my hubby.  Our life together makes it worth getting up each day.

I'm thankful for this community and the friends I've made here, and all of my friends.

I'm thankful to my eye surgeon and his team for letting me see and post this message.

#15 masxed

masxed
  • 712 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 November 2014 - 04:44 PM

I'm thankful for being alive, and getting to be a part of this journey of experience. 

#16 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 November 2014 - 05:34 PM

I am thankful for my grandparents adopting me and giving me a better life than I would have had otherwise. Without their love, guidance, and lessons I'd probably been in jail if my half brother is any indication.

I'm also thankful for my wife who is my soul mate and truly my best friend. My better half. My rock, my life, my joy, and breath. She completes me.

Lastly, and I know it might sound stupid to some, I'm thankful for Spider-Man... or, more specifically, Peter Parker for being an inspiration and helping me get through some of the... sadder, darker points in my life.

#17 arcanum

arcanum
  • 1748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 November 2014 - 06:02 PM

Aw, I like this thread.

I am extremely thankful for my amazing friends and family, I really dunno how I would manage without them. I wish I could express how supportive and wonderful and loving they all are. Every moment with them makes me happy, and when I went through that breakup a couple of months ago, it really showed me who all had my back and who all really loves and cares for me.

I am also very thankful for my wonderful boss and awesome work-family. I really couldn't ask for a better team to work with.

I am v thankful for my Codex family. It's always nice to have somewhere to come to, to rant about things in life or just have someone to chat with and such. I get great advice, and great laughs from all you lovely people.

#18 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 November 2014 - 06:34 PM

Family in first place. They mean everything to me, each single member. I am a little more thankful for my sister, because we grew up rarely seeing each other, and now that I can spend much more time with her my life is much better.

I am also thankful for not being blind. I almost lost my eyes (yeah, the eyes, not my vision) twice. I'm thankful for being healthy.

I'm thankful for food and technology.

And I'm thankful for Codex for being the best forum on the internet, even though I don't know too many forums :p Everyone here is so awesome, and I've made some really great friends that will be in my heart for a long time.

#19 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:04 PM

Last year I was thankful for cats and weed.

This year I'm still thankful for cats and weed, but also for having such a supportive and tolerant boyfriend and mother. I don't think too many people would be willing to put up with my shit, especially after so many years, so thanks Matt & Mom!

#20 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:48 PM

I'm thankful for my family and friends. They support me and love me even though I'm difficult sometimes. They make me laugh and wipe my tears and call me crazy when I need to hear it. When I tell them what I want to do, they're behind me all the way. I don't know what I would do without them. 

I'm thankful for Codex. I didn't realize how many awesome people I would meet when I first joined, and I'm glad I stuck around. Codex gives me something to focus on - especially when I need a break from life -  and gets my creative juices flowing. I'm gonna sound really corny, but I just love this site :p 

I'm thankful for my university. I wouldn't have said this freshman year, but it is my last year at this school so I've got the feels. My campus is beautiful, and I have met a ton of great professors and friends. I have also learned so much. While it was tough a lot of the time, I learned from a lot of things and definitely grew from my experiences. I'm thankful that I have made so many connections with wonderful professors that my only problem is picking only two of the many to write me recommendation letters.

#21 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 November 2014 - 10:55 PM

I'm thankful for friends back at home,where I'm currently at, and here in Codex because they've kept me sane and not so lonely over the years.

I'm thankful for having a job that's easy as hell, gives me great benefits, and teaches me about my hobby/lifestyle of lifting and supplementation.

I'm thankful for having enough backbone to leave the comforts of home and a not so great family relationship and experiencing the wonders of the mainland on my own terms.

#22 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 November 2014 - 08:56 PM

I know this is late, but not really! I am thankful for these things every day, but some of the things I am going to list are things that have happened recently or huge life changes!

1. I am thankful that my daddy and I have gotten back our relationship after not talking to him since 2006.

2. I am thankful that I am back in school. This time last year I wasn't even in school, working part time at random jobs I could find.

3. I am thankful that my amazing man is ok with me focusing on my schooling instead of balancing school and work. I tried it, but wasn't able to keep my grades top notch and our relationship suffered as well.

4. I am thankful to have a roof over my head.

5. I am thankful my sister and I are back on talking terms and I can now see my nephew. Her husband banned me from seeing him for whatever reason, but now they are divorcing and she brings Bubby or Little Man over to see me at random times and I love it.

6. I am thankful for always having food to eat in the house, it was very tight at times, but we always managed to keep food in our bellies!

7. I am thankful that I know exactly what I want to do with my degrees after I graduate! Correction Treatment Therapist!

8. I am thankful for the healthy relationship I have with my man!

9. I am thankful for always waking up everyday!

10. I am thankful for all of my amazing pets, all 7 of them, 3 dogs, a cat and 3 sugar gliders.

Those are my top ten!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: thanksgiving, doom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users