Quantcast

Photo

What have YOU built lately? :)

188 replies to this topic

#1 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 November 2014 - 05:09 AM

HEY all you Minecraft addicts out there (as well as anyone who is on the fence about playing yet but is interested enough to be doing some research in advance!). I decided to crate this thread since, although what I am going to post now was crafted on the Neocodex server, I'll be posting things going forward that I create on my own private server as well.

I completed a project tonight for which I'm very, very happy with the results...so I thought that I'd share some screenies here.

Spoiler

I am very happy with this mob grinder overall, especially in terms of the diversity of loot. If you'd like to make one, I highly recommend the video available here, as it made the process extremely easy.

14085_minecraft.jpg

#2 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2015 - 01:45 AM

Welp, I guess I'll breathe some life to this thread lol

I have built a LOT lately, but the most recent is this 'Modern' 18x18 house :)

Texture pack best used to view: Flow's HD 128x

Shaders make the most of the overall look of it too (if you have them enabled).

WARNING: Large images inside.

Spoiler

#3 Chameleon

Chameleon
  • vampire or somesuch

• 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:12 AM

@Strategist Nice!!  Love the house especially in that pack.

Could you please please make a post/topic on how to turn on shaders, texture packs etc.  That would be extremely helpful.  I tried to do the one you linked, but it's not showing up.

#4 MC10

MC10
  • 353 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:10 AM

Dang Strat, I'd live there.

I think texture packs are relatively easy to install now, you just put the zip in the resourcepacks folder. Then in Minecraft, go to Options, then Resource Packs and move the one you want over from Available to Selected.

Shaders worked easiest for me when I used ForgeModLoader with this Shaders mod which is derived from GLSL: http://www.minecraft...ted-by-karyonix

Once that works there will be a shaderpacks folder and you do the same thing, put the files in that folder and select the one you want to use in Minecraft.

EDIT:

@Chameleon I've just begun to make a guide/tutorial thread for this since it seems like something that would be helpful. It will be more in detail and hopefully explain it better.

Edited by MC10, 09 January 2015 - 11:41 AM.

#5 Chameleon

Chameleon
  • vampire or somesuch

• 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:42 AM

Thank you @MC10  I can do resource packs with no problem... but apparently this requires a different folder?  Looking forward to your tutorial.  Explain mods and such and I'll spend days +repping you.

#6 MC10

MC10
  • 353 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:43 AM

Thank you @MC10  I can do resource packs with no problem... but apparently this requires a different folder?  Looking forward to your tutorial.  Explain mods and such and I'll spend days +repping you.

Sure haha. Mods are easy now with ForgeModLoader but I'll cover other ways as well.

EDIT:

@Chameleon, alright here it is: http://www.neocodex....-and-non-forge/

I hope it helps :).

Edited by MC10, 09 January 2015 - 12:34 PM.

#7 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:14 PM

Holy shit, @Strategist, that house is amazing!!!!! Super job!

#8 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:44 PM

Rebuilt the build contest arena up in the air (with help from @Romy) as I didn't really like it on the ground. Then started playing with the SEUS shaders with different resource packs. (We actually cheated and just used the clone command to move the entire thing xD).

Moved the 'control room' and fireworks display closer to is as well as the viewing platform. Looks much neater now.

Spoiler

#9 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2015 - 12:03 AM

Rebuilt the build contest arena up in the air (with help from @Romy) as I didn't really like it on the ground. Then started playing with the SEUS shaders with different resource packs. (We actually cheated and just used the clone command to move the entire thing xD).

Moved the 'control room' and fireworks display closer to is as well as the viewing platform. Looks much neater now.

Spoiler

THEY LOOK AMAZING~

#10 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2015 - 02:05 AM

@Strategist, welp, that's it. You've convinced me I need to play Minecraft. It looks like The Sims on steroids with those mods.

#11 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2015 - 02:45 AM

@Strategist, welp, that's it. You've convinced me I need to play Minecraft. It looks like The Sims on steroids with those mods.

Haha! Awesome! If you DO end up playing, shoot me a PM and I can whitelist your username and give you access to the server ;)

#12 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:02 AM

Haha! Awesome! If you DO end up playing, shoot me a PM and I can whitelist your username and give you access to the server ;)

Thanks so much - I'll remember that! :)

#13 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:42 AM

That looks FANTASTIC, @Strategist:yahoo: Hehe I also adored @Romy's initial reaction last night to his first time using shaders. :D

@Cohle you must join us, it's super fun!

#14 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:58 AM

Oh, so @Romy found the problem? Awesome!

I might install it too...

#15 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:40 AM

@Cohle you must join us, it's super fun!

Soon! Just a few more classes left and then I'll be gaming until my fingers bleed lol.

#16 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:42 AM

Damn I need to come play on our server more, I wonder if my half-finished house/castle is all crumbled yet? :p

I've been playing on another server with some friends lately and I'm hooked again.

#17 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:15 AM

Damn I need to come play on our server more, I wonder if my half-finished house/castle is all crumbled yet? :p

I've been playing on another server with some friends lately and I'm hooked again.

Yes you should definitely continue with visiting the Neocodex server when you can! I've got my own server but rarely use it for anything but testing builds and randomly exploring, as I am just super attached to the Neocodex one most. :D Wish you'd participated in the Gaming Month stuff for Minecraft! You've missed the Biilding contest, but maybe check with @Strategist and @Romy to see (if you're interested at all) whether you could sign on for the upcoming PvP contests.

#18 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 February 2015 - 11:08 AM

I'm in the middle of building a giant tree house thing. I'm going to demolish my tiny cabin tonight and plant more tree's to continue over to the giant trees next to it (for anyone who knows where my house is). Feel free to check it out, still a WIP, but I have some motivation. I'll post pics later

I'll uhh get to work on my castle again at some point :p

#19 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2015 - 04:02 PM

I'm in the middle of building a giant tree house thing. I'm going to demolish my tiny cabin tonight and plant more tree's to continue over to the giant trees next to it (for anyone who knows where my house is). Feel free to check it out, still a WIP, but I have some motivation. I'll post pics later

I'll uhh get to work on my castle again at some point :p

Best wishes on the tree house, I just LOVE them! :)

#20 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2015 - 04:49 PM

I just built a giant Tardis

slilg0.png

#21 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2015 - 05:52 PM

Holyshitnuts! :o THAT is AWESOME!
Cannot unsee the cock on top though....

#22 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:14 PM

Holyshitnuts! :o THAT is AWESOME!Cannot unsee the cock on top though....

I didn't see it until you just pointed it out xD

Cannot unsee

#23 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 February 2015 - 12:33 PM

I made this yesterday

1snqbp.png

#24 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:25 PM

I made this yesterday

1snqbp.png

That is awesome, I love it! :D

#25 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:49 AM