What have YOU built lately? :)

188 replies to this topic

#51 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2015 - 06:00 PM

I started building a Maya-like temple, very cliche tbh, with mazes and traps and RollerCoasters, but the server I was on was closed so I lost everything. Since then I haven't build anything, but i'm sorts of inspired by this thread now~

You should join our Feed The Beast server and show us what you can do :)

#52 stormcloak

stormcloak
  • 41 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:28 PM

Everyone has awesome Minecraft buildings. I'm jealous. :)

The "coolest" thing I've ever built was a rollercoaster. At least, I thought it was cool. Three years ago.

#53 ameowica

ameowica
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:14 PM

I've never played but it does seem interesting. 

#54 Leon13

Leon13
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:06 PM

It's not on the neocodex server but my two most recent projects were a fully automatic obsidian farm and a wither based gold farm. Those were both fun (in a masochistic way)

#55 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:09 PM

It's not on the neocodex server but my two most recent projects were a fully automatic obsidian farm and a wither based gold farm. Those were both fun (in a masochistic way)

Please feel free to post screenies and such, this thread isn't dedicated solely to the Neocodex server! It's so much fun to learn about what's going on in the Minecraft lives of other folks, you know?

#56 Leon13

Leon13
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:11 PM

I'll try to get a couple screenies put up tomorrow of all my farms! Unfortunately that doesn't include the obsidian farm, I only kept that up for one night because it lagged the whole sever and I already had close to 100 double chests of obsidian anyways :p

#57 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:14 PM

I'll try to get a couple screenies put up tomorrow of all my farms! Unfortunately that doesn't include the obsidian farm, I only kept that up for one night because it lagged the whole sever and I already had close to 100 double chests of obsidian anyways :p

Holy WOW on the obsidian farm output...beyond impressive! Did it use redstone or string as the substrate for obsidian? I have a manual obsidian generator on a lil' SkyBlock on another server and prefer using string since it is easier to get, but there's that little twist that the generator MUST be facing north in order to work (lol  cracks me up, as some of the other folks who tried to replicate the generator failed since they didn't know about the direction rule). :D Alas I digress 'cause it's late and my mind wanders, but yes please do feel free to share screenies, they always rock!

#58 Leon13

Leon13
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:18 PM

Neither. It's been a while since I built those two farms but my obsidian farm was actually a wither based farm. Basically you make a generic wither trap right on top of the obsidian spawning pad in the end. Then, outside the end portal you create a basic hopper/dispenser chain which drops snowballs into the portal on a 3-4 tick timer. Every time a snowball goes through, it triggers a restructure of the obsidian pad, which the wither promptly breaks, the pieces fall into water (linked to a hopper/chest chain), and voila you net 3-4 obsidian every 3-4 ticks. All you need is two people to afk to keep both sides of the portal loaded. 

#59 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:21 PM

Neither. It's been a while since I built those two farms but my obsidian farm was actually a wither based farm. Basically you make a generic wither trap right on top of the obsidian spawning pad in the end. Then, outside the end portal you create a basic hopper/dispenser chain which drops snowballs into the portal on a 3-4 tick timer. Every time a snowball goes through, it triggers a restructure of the obsidian pad, which the wither promptly breaks, the pieces fall into water (linked to a hopper/chest chain), and voila you net 3-4 obsidian every 3-4 ticks. All you need is two people to afk to keep both sides of the portal loaded. 

That sounds pretty sharp...and well beyond my skills, I love it!

#60 Leon13

Leon13
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:23 PM

I didn't come up with the idea on my own, nor did I build it solo. It took me and a good friend of mine a 5-6 hours to assemble it just following a guide! Of course, I only play on survival servers, which makes everything involving withers 10x more difficult.

We have farms for just about every material in the game that you can farm. You name it and I can teach you how to farm it, that's kinda my thing :p.

Edited by Leon13, 31 May 2015 - 09:24 PM.

#61 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:26 PM

I didn't come up with the idea on my own, nor did I build it solo. It took me and a good friend of mine a 5-6 hours to assemble it just following a guide! Of course, I only play on survival servers, which makes everything involving withers 10x more difficult.

We have farms for just about every material in the game that you can farm. You name it and I can teach you how to farm it, that's kinda my thing :p.

You should check out the thread regarding the Neocodex server and see if you might be interested...it's pretty darn cool, and the modpack being used is completely foreign to me but amazing to start learning.

#62 Leon13

Leon13
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:28 PM

I'll give it a looksie. How many people are online usually?

My only problem is that I've probably sunk close to a thousand hours on my MC server. I can't give that up :p

#63 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:29 PM

I'll give it a looksie. How many people are online usually?

My only problem is that I've probably sunk close to a thousand hours on my MC server. I can't give that up :p

It isn't like you have to give something up. I am staff elsewhere for brief bits of time but find myself playing even MORE on the Neocodex server. The Neocodex server is currently free to play.

EDIT: Oh and people on varies...it can be from none to 1 to 8+, just depends who isn't tied down by life and is around. :p

#64 Leon13

Leon13
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:32 PM

Well, what I mean by that is that I don't want to start over now that I have most materials on farm and can focus solely on building things for fun. Since my builds are all either farms or mega-creations (ex: 160 block diameter floating islands), I really like having my farms.

You  didn't mention how active the codex server stays, what's the average traffic look like?

#65 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:33 PM

Well, what I mean by that is that I don't want to start over now that I have most materials on farm and can focus solely on building things for fun. Since my builds are all either farms or mega-creations (ex: 160 block diameter floating islands), I really like having my farms.

You  didn't mention how active the codex server stays, what's the average traffic look like?

I mentioned traffic in the "EDIT" on my previous post. It varies widely but is not mega-populated.

#66 Leon13

Leon13
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:35 PM

Coolio! Well thanks for the info! I'll hop on and check it out as soon as I hit the 100 posts mark on here :)

#67 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:37 PM

Coolio! Well thanks for the info! I'll hop on and check it out as soon as I hit the 100 posts mark on here :)

You can talk to @Strategist or @Romy about access whenever you feel you might be interested in checking it out, as I think the posting guidelines may have changed.

I'm off to bed but am usually on Neocodex lately in the evenings after work. Nice to have met you here!

#68 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2015 - 08:52 PM

My treehouse is really starting to take some shape now :D I'm actually really happy with the progress so far :) Have my Auto Smeltery in one wing and my Enchanting room in the other wing opposite. Not 100% sure what I want to add to the back wing, but the design is looking good so far :)

q1ya0HR.jpg

rdRTrZM.pngKkfF8jD.png

#69 sheep00444

sheep00444
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 05:16 PM

I love you enchanting room.

#70 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2015 - 12:33 PM

Screenies from abroad: these are from a skyblock island I am working on elsewhere...a very terrifying look at what happens when I get the idea in my head that I really MUST build a giant watermelon...

Spoiler

#71 Chameleon

Chameleon
  • vampire or somesuch

• 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2015 - 05:17 PM

Wow @Kord that's quite the melon you got there!  

#72 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2015 - 05:45 PM

Wow @Kord that's quite the melon you got there!  

Heh thank you...you can see the level of maturity of my projects lately :p

#73 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2015 - 02:37 AM

Nice melon @Kord :p

Here's a little something I have been working on lately.

csA33N3.jpgLJ9ruew.jpgM8e6A9w.jpg

Time to get my rbl82o.png ON.

bszMh5m.jpg

2fpjUj7.jpg

#74 Sehunie

Sehunie
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 02:46 AM

I don't actively play Minecraft but my brother does, and I helped him building the South Park characters.

I can't post a picture cause 1) I'm not on the PS4 right now and 2) I wouldn't know how to do so xD, but it looks pretty awesome!

Cartman was a little too thin, though :p

Edited by Sehunie, 20 July 2015 - 02:46 AM.

#75 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2015 - 12:06 PM

I don't actively play Minecraft but my brother does, and I helped him building the South Park characters.
I can't post a picture cause 1) I'm not on the PS4 right now and 2) I wouldn't know how to do so xD, but it looks pretty awesome!
Cartman was a little too thin, though :p

Haha that's cool. So he plays on PS4 only?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users