Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 November 2014 - 03:06 PM

POPULAR POST!

NeoCodex Advent Calendar 2014

cGF15Aj.gif

Hi, my name is Keil "Pronounced-As-Kail-Not-Keel" Ressicks. How are you? Lovely.

In my blasphemous efforts to overthrow our past traditions, I am graciously honored to announce that the 2014 NeoCodex Advert Calendar will begin on the first day of December.

For those are new to this, we put the Neopet's Advent Calendar to shame with our own daily prize giveaway. Last year, people won anything from 100K pure Neopoints to a Sword of Reif to Paintbrushes to Custom-made Plushies to NC Items. Last year alone, we had a pool of 100m NP worth of awesome stuff for this event. *prerecorded audience applause* We'll follow a similar system as last year except with an addition of Flight Rising gifts.

Each day, one person is given a wonderful gift using a Random Number Generator (RNG) to determine the outcome.

The event is over.

Thank you for your participation. Until next time have a bright, shiny 2015!

Spoiler

#2 Outsider

Outsider
  • THE YOOYUNATER

• 2103 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 November 2014 - 03:13 PM

I'll donate some neopets crap. I'll just have to go through and browse first, but for now I guess I'll do 5 Baby PBs and a Royal PB to start until I find some other things.

Edited by Outsider, 28 November 2014 - 03:16 PM.

#3 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 November 2014 - 03:25 PM

Yay I am so excited for this! I just sent in my donations :D

#4 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 November 2014 - 03:27 PM

I wish I had all my treasure back :/ I have some left, but definitely not enough for the second award :p

#5 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 November 2014 - 03:30 PM

This looks amazing!! I would donate FR teasures if i knew how lol. 

#6 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 November 2014 - 03:48 PM

This looks amazing!! I would donate FR teasures if i knew how lol. 

When you send an FR message you have the option to attach treasure or gems to it. Which you can find under the part where you can type in your message, where it says "attachments". 

#7 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 November 2014 - 04:21 PM

When you send an FR message you have the option to attach treasure or gems to it. Which you can find under the part where you can type in your message, where it says "attachments". 

Awesome, thanks. Yay, now i can donate! :)

#8 Unmata

Unmata
  • 714 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 November 2014 - 04:21 PM

OH MY GOD!

I have 2 Unhatched Fire Eggs and a Primary Gene: Crystal scroll to donate. 

Edited by 0ryx, 28 November 2014 - 04:41 PM.

#9 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 November 2014 - 05:08 PM

@Keil I'll be my usual boring self and throw in a $10 Neocodex Store Voucher. :D

#10 Peaches

Peaches
  • 497 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 November 2014 - 05:18 PM

I wish I had something worthwhile to give away  :/

Thank you for hosting this though!

#11 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 November 2014 - 05:19 PM

I wish I had more to give. I'm only just getting back into FR and have about 7k treasure :p 

Thank you for hosting Keil and thank you to all of the people who are donating prizes!

#12 MC10

MC10
  • 353 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:45 PM

Thanks for hosting and also to those helping out! I doubt I have anthing good to give away.

#13 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2014 - 09:18 AM

bumping this back up for awareness :D

#14 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2014 - 09:25 AM

@Keil I'd like to donate 2mil FR treasure. I might donate more before the end of this. Are we still able to donate throughout the month of December, or is there a cut off date?

#15 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2014 - 10:32 AM

@Kat You can donate more as time goes on, but I would like to say the deadline is December 30th for donations. Also, can you PM me your donation/if you want to enter? I need to centralize all the information as much as possible. Thank you :)

EDIT: UPDATED!

Remember, anyone can enter!

#16 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2014 - 10:45 AM

I'll donate 20 mil in FR treasure :)

#17 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2014 - 11:22 AM

I get that you're trying to make this fair, and personally I love math...

Terminology:
n = number rolled on the die
GF = Game Factor: a randomly, non-scientific/mathematical derivation factor to multiply with depending on the game. Neopets is 100,000 NP. Flight Rising is 50,000 T. If person opted to both game options, a coin is flipped to determine if GF refers to Neopets or Flight Rising.
CP = Currency Product: Number on dice multiplied by GF resulting in amount of non-premium game currency. 
RNG = Random Number Generator.

When entered, you'll be assigned a number.
I use an RNG to pick out the daily winner by number assignment.
I then use another RNG to roll four dice.

• Primary Roll: If n≥5, proceed to Tertiary Die. If, n≤4, multiply n by GF and proceed to the Secondary Die.
  • Secondary Roll: If n=1 or 2, multiply n by GF and add to Primary Roll, END. If n=3 or 4, multiply n by GF, convert cumulative CP to item(s), END. If n=5 or 6, convert cumulative CP to item(s), proceed to Quaternary Roll.
  • Tertiary Roll: Each n represents a Tiered prize level where n=1 is an item valued at least GF*3 to n=6 being the most expensive item donated for that game. Items/gifts not applicable to CP value are under n=4 and 5. END.
  • Quaternary Roll: If n≤3, add bonus currency or items depending on n. END. If n≥4, do nothing, END.
Examples:
1.3.5.1.= ~400K NP in Neopets ITEM(S)/200K T in Flight Rising ITEM(S).
5.4.6.4.= JACKPOT ITEM
2.6.3.2 = ~200K NP in Neopets ITEM(S)/100K T in Flight Rising ITEM(S) and some bonus.

Sample Probabilities
1:18 Receiving 100K NP/50K T worth in item(s).
2:9 Receiving at least 200K NP/100K T currency
1:9 Receiving a combination of an item(s) and currency.
1:18 Getting the Jackpot Item

..... and much much more

but I don't think it really needed this level of analysis.  :unsure:

I'll donate 1 mil FR treasure.

#18 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2014 - 11:33 AM

I get that you're trying to make this fair, and personally I love math...

but I don't think it really needed this level of analysis.  :unsure:

I'll donate 1 mil FR treasure.

I kinda expected for you to point out a "flaw" than an pithy opinion. I feel disappointed, but then again, that means I did a good job, I guess.  :/

#19 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2014 - 11:43 AM

I kinda expected for you to point out a "flaw" than an pithy opinion. I feel disappointed, but then again, that means I did a good job, I guess.  :/

I don't have the time to go through it all, so I'm just going to trust you :p

#20 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2014 - 01:58 PM

Yayayay so excited for this. Sent in my entry and donation - probably donating more soon once I'm back to RSing and whatnot. Good luck to everyone!

#21 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2014 - 04:08 PM

Supa excited :D fo alllll da treasures hehehehe

#22 arcanum

arcanum
  • 1748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2014 - 04:14 PM

So it starts on the 1st of December... but... "All you need to do is to PM me anytime before December 30th to enter."?

#23 Outsider

Outsider
  • THE YOOYUNATER

• 2103 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2014 - 04:28 PM

So it starts on the 1st of December... but... "All you need to do is to PM me anytime before December 30th to enter."?

Just means that you'd be eligible to win from that point on. The earlier you enter the better but are eligible to enter anytime during the month.

#24 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2014 - 04:28 PM

There will always be people who find about this at the very last second. I figure to give them a fighting chance at winning. 

#25 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2014 - 04:29 PM

Just means that you'd be eligible to win from that point on. The earlier you enter the better but are eligible to enter anytime during the month.

I love the advent calendar, I don't even remember whether or not I participated last year (things were a bit crazy with work then). :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: advent, not scot, keil, advent 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users