advent not scot keil advent 2014

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
327 replies to this topic

#26 arcanum

arcanum
  • 1748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2014 - 04:35 PM

There will always be people who find about this at the very last second. I figure to give them a fighting chance at winning. 

Oh okay, that makes sense. I thought it was a typo :p

#27 Psyduck

Psyduck
  • 431 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2014 - 05:06 PM

I'd like to donate a baby paint brush!

#28 Riku

Riku
  • 72 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2014 - 05:52 PM

I kinda expected for you to point out a "flaw" than an pithy opinion. I feel disappointed, but then again, that means I did a good job, I guess.  :/

I don't have the time to go through it all, so I'm just going to trust you :p

Pretty sure that bonus equation is going to be giving people an infinite bonus lol.

There's the n^(.01 * CP) bit. That. No no no. Hell nah.

It looks like you're just using n = 4, so 4^(.01 * 100,000 NP) = infinity, basically. Literally an exponential with over 600 digits.

Not trying to be rude or anything. As a mathematician, it's impossible for me to ignore stuff like this haha.

(Also not really sure what you mean by setting z = 0 to the pool divided by days left with a' = .05...)

Edited by Riku, 29 November 2014 - 05:53 PM.

#29 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2014 - 06:09 PM

Pretty sure that bonus equation is going to be giving people an infinite bonus lol.

That is statement is 100% false just by going with the equation itself, however I must commend you for trying to figure it out :p

Please, do try again.

-----

I'll update everything daily. There's too many PM's that I just can't be bothered with until tomorrow.

#30 Riku

Riku
  • 72 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2014 - 06:21 PM

There's not really anything to "figure out". You gave an expression with labeled variables and a clear example above that.

With CP = 200,000 NP, sigma n = 13, GF = 100,000 NP, and n = 4, the "super secret bonus" is literally negative four trillion.

That's with my attempt at fixing your brackets lol.

#31 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2014 - 07:05 PM

There's not really anything to "figure out". You gave an expression with labeled variables and a clear example above that.

With CP = 200,000 NP, sigma n = 13, GF = 100,000 NP, and n = 4, the "super secret bonus" is literally negative four trillion.

That's with my attempt at fixing your brackets lol.

There is something much simpler than that explanation that prevents the bonus from exceeding, let's say... 10 million of any currency. I also applied a psychological phenomena in the equation, so I can understand why some people have difficulty seeing it.

#32 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2014 - 07:08 PM

There is something much simpler than that explanation that prevents the bonus from exceeding, let's say... 10 million of any currency. I also applied a psychological phenomena in the equation, so I can understand why some people have difficulty seeing it.

*brings cold cloth for forehead, an icy cold nomalicious beverage, and a couple of setsy hookers of whatever persuasion you prefer*

Hope you recover nicely from the seasonal shopping nastiness!!!  :yahoo: I hate this time of year, to be honest: too much bullshit going on any which way you turn...while you COULD be focusing instead on fun stuff like Neocodex instead. *bats puppy eyes that neocodex is better than all that other crap*

#33 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2014 - 05:12 AM

Quick question. Will I be able to contribute to the donation pile throughout the month or is there a cutoff date? Is everyone guaranteed somethingIf not I think I'll have some "consolation" prizes available if needed/wanted.

#34 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2014 - 06:27 AM

@DawnKnight Even though I said Dec 30th as the cutoff date in an earlier informal post, I'm rethinking my strategy. Later today (I'm stuck on my phone waiting in a lounge), I'll go through the other half of the PM's in my inbox and derive a cut off date based on the incoming:outgoing ratio. I have to spend a bit of time calculating the optimal prize amount in which I won't run out before December 30th and not still have several millions left either. I'll give a more decisive answer when the PM chaos lessens substantially (probably before Dec 5th).

As of right now, everyone is guarenteed something, but once the number of people exceeds 31, then we can't make the same promise. I'm pretty sure we'll definitely exceed 31 entrants as time progresses.

That's really nice of you to think of people beyond the randomly selected 31. I'll keep that in mind towards the end of the event. Right now, we'll just wait and analyze.

#35 Oktober

Oktober
  • Team ASS

• 318 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2014 - 06:34 AM

I like the idea that any leftovers prizes would be donated to future contests' winners, but a sort of consolation prize would be really nice for those unlucky guys :p 

#36 LostinSpace

LostinSpace
  • 173 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 07:15 AM

This looks like fun!  Now I see what I have been missing during my lurking years.   :o   I would also like to donate.  I sent a PM.

#37 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2014 - 02:47 PM

Updated. If I responded to everyone's PM. Check that PM first then check the OP if there are any incorrect data.

#38 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2014 - 06:33 PM

Updated. If I responded to everyone's PM. Check that PM first then check the OP if there are any incorrect data.

Don't see my donation on the donators list - unless you're waiting to update that.

#39 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2014 - 06:37 PM

All the beautiful FR treasure *_*

#40 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2014 - 07:14 PM

@Cohle Fixed :p I was expecting to have screwed up somewhere. There was so much information to plow through.

Enter before the first day! I'll do a final update with all the PM's so I can include everyone who PMed me minutes because I run the RNG.

#41 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2014 - 07:29 PM

@Cohle Fixed :p I was expecting to have screwed up somewhere. There was so much information to plow through.

Thank you! Haha with all the PMs you're getting it's totally expected. Thanks for running all of this!

#42 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2014 - 10:25 PM

@Keil since I'm not that into FR anymore I'll donate 20 mil. :)

#43 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:48 PM

DAY 1 Winner: @Bee

She wins an Ornate Battle Armor Set, a perplexed reaction gif AND a Breed Change: Wildclaw Scroll!

959.png717.png

tumblr_inline_nfrmh3KVxD1sz9av4.gif

Remember to inquire about your prizes with the same entry PM.

Other Updates:

Spoiler

#44 MC10

MC10
  • 353 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:50 PM

Congratulations! :)

#45 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:51 PM

Every winner gets a random gif by the way because changes.

#46 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:52 PM

Oh wow, thanks! And I was just thinking that I never win anything!

#47 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:52 PM

Every winner gets a random gif by the way because changes.

Ok, now I definitely need to win!

#48 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:54 PM

Oh wow, thanks! And I was just thinking that I never win anything!

Congrats @Bee :) 

#49 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:55 PM

Congrats @Bee!!!

#50 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2014 - 03:02 PM

Woohoo way to go @Bee, congrats! :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: advent, not scot, keil, advent 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users