Quantcast

Photo

Gif of the Week Contest (#4): Sloth...Can You Dig It?

contest gif animated

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2014 - 08:24 PM

giphy.gif    

SLOTH!!!    

STARTS: NOW!

SUBMISSION DEADLINE: December 4, 2014 @ 8:00pm FR/NST

VOTING ENDS: December 8, 2014 @ 7:00pm FR/NST 

As with the previous three contests, I want this to be fun and spontaneous; entries needn't be created from scratch by you, though if you WANT to create one on your own, by all means feel free to do so.

CURRENT THEME:

Please submit an animated gif entry related to sloths (the animal) OR sloth the deadly sin to me via PM; entries posted in this thread will not be considered. Given the two entry choices, there is obviously some flexibility here!

GENERAL RULES and/or INFORMATION:

Spoiler

PRIZES:

• The First-place voted entrant(s) will receive this awesome animated kitty-cat award (inspired by the first contest as well as the overabundance of cat gifs on da intarwebz) created by @Honey...please rep her here, I think it is fantastic: 94-AwardImgMaster-1413760762.gif
  • Participants receive a non-animated version of the kitty-cat award95-AwardImgMaster-1413760838.png
  • The First-place entrant will receive a $10 Neocodex Store Voucher (donated by me); anyone else wishing to contribute prizes for other places, please send me a PM (and thank you in advance!).

(As a confession, this theme was inspired by @Kate via a comment she left on the voting thread for the previous contest.)  :wub:

LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR ENTRIES!!!

#2 Hopeless

Hopeless
  • 184 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2014 - 08:34 PM

I actually am having a hard time deciding on a sloth gif that's my favorite... there are so many good ones

#3 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2014 - 08:41 PM

I actually am having a hard time deciding on a sloth gif that's my favorite... there are so many good ones

I know, right?!? Seriously, I could totally NOT choose a fave if I had to!

#4 lanalang

lanalang
  • 134 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2014 - 09:13 PM

is the theme neopets sloth or an animal sloth? lol

#5 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2014 - 09:14 PM

Animal...not everything here on Neocodex is Neopets-related, but if you look around enough, I'm sure you can figure that out easily enough. ;)

#6 Derpious

Derpious
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user!

• 326 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2014 - 09:14 PM

Entered xD

#7 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2014 - 09:15 PM

If Neopets introduced a sloth pet I would explode.

#8 lanalang

lanalang
  • 134 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2014 - 09:18 PM

Animal...not everything here on Neocodex is Neopets-related, but if you look around enough, I'm sure you can figure that out easily enough. ;)

thanks for making it clear, i just wanted to be sure <3

#9 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2014 - 09:18 PM

I would too! It would be WAY better than that bastardized owl-thing-from-Petpet-Park looking critter they tossed out recently. 

#10 lanalang

lanalang
  • 134 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2014 - 09:19 PM

wow, now you got me into that idea

that would be so freaking perfect <3

#11 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2014 - 09:25 PM

I would too! It would be WAY better than that bastardized owl-thing-from-Petpet-Park looking critter they tossed out recently. 

I don't hate the Vandagyre, but with the popularity of sloths lately and the fact that we now know TNT can still create new species with all the current clothes we have, I wouldn't be too surprised if we got one in the future!

#12 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2014 - 09:28 PM

I don't hate the Vandagyre, but with the popularity of sloths lately and the fact that we now know TNT can still create new species with all the current clothes we have, I wouldn't be too surprised if we got one in the future!

I surely hope so, and no I don't altogether HATE that V-thing, but it is so not in line with the art integrity of previous species, it was obviously slapped together...and for that reason, I am not keen on it at all.

#13 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2014 - 09:31 PM

I surely hope so, and no I don't altogether HATE that V-thing, but it is so not in line with the art integrity of previous species, it was obviously slapped together...and for that reason, I am not keen on it at all.

I can definitely agree with that! It definitely looks pretty slapdash. Like they found two unused animals and sloppily mashed 'em together. Meh. I just want a damn sloth neopet.

#14 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2014 - 03:38 AM

Love the theme :)

#15 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2014 - 12:18 PM

Well there's 9 awesome entries so far...y'all never fail to make me smile with the creative entries to these contests! :D

#16 Canis

Canis
  • Official Bacon Queen

• 1279 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2014 - 12:34 PM

WELP I found a gif contest I won't participate in! xD I have a terrible fear of sloths... *shudder*

Good luck to all entering, though. I won't be voting either. D:

#17 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2014 - 12:38 PM

WELP I found a gif contest I won't participate in! xD I have a terrible fear of sloths... *shudder*

Oh, good to know. If I ever host, I'll try to stay away from choosing a GOTW in the future for puppies, teddy bears, or pokemon. Just to be safe  :lol2:

#18 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2014 - 01:23 PM

Somehow...the contest WILL totally go on and be fun without you, heh sorry about that. ;)

#19 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2014 - 01:25 PM

amggg i have to enter this, i love sloths  :wub:

#20 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2014 - 01:29 PM

amggg i have to enter this, i love sloths  :wub:

YAY! :D I think they are just sooo adorable as well.  :x3:

#21 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2014 - 01:35 PM

YAY! :D I think they are just sooo adorable as well.  :x3:

i can't pick just one!! D:

#22 MC10

MC10
  • 353 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2014 - 02:45 PM

I have a friend who loves sloths! Maybe she can help me find something :p.

#23 arcanum

arcanum
  • 1748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:47 PM

Yay slothsss!!!!! I'm excited about the entries for this, because sloths are awesome.

#24 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:48 PM

I have an idea! I hope I get at least 1 vote this time :p

#25 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2014 - 10:19 PM

We have 14 entrants so far (13 unique gifs), this is shaping up with as many fun entries as the previous contests have had...deadline is Thursday night, so feel free to send an entry to me via PM before then!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: contest, gif, animated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users