Quantcast

Photo

Various Minecraft Server Experiences: What Grinds Your Gears?

minecraft

19 replies to this topic

#1 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2014 - 10:32 PM

We all know there's numerous servers to visit out an about in the Minecraft world, and it is fun and experience-enhancing to do so...but it's all totally NOT without some major takeaway messages of the "OMG did they really just do that?!?" sort.

What particularly grinds your gears on various servers? The servers need not be named, just the experiences.

I'll start with something that particularly bothers me:

Though other players sifting through my chests and helping themselves to EVERYTHING there (even if it is a donation chest, and I'd prefer for the chest to serve more than just one person) really pisses me the hell off, I am totally NOT cool on people adding to my completed constructions, especially in a way that breaks them. 

#2 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2014 - 10:35 PM

People that break my things without telling me, then me finding out when I go to use them. Like no sign saying... Sorry, my bad, a chest with some compensation maybe? or anything like that. Just... nothing.

#3 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2014 - 10:39 PM

I've never really played on a server where stealing was a huge problem but...yeah.

Stealing would bother me a lot.

Otherwise, building near me when I make an effort to move far away from people.

#4 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2014 - 10:43 PM

I've never really played on a server where stealing was a huge problem but...yeah.

Stealing would bother me a lot.

Otherwise, building near me when I make an effort to move far away from people.

Oh hell that would *totally* piss me off as well!

#5 Chameleon

Chameleon
  • vampire or somesuch

• 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2014 - 10:47 PM

Stealing, over borrowing, and not even bothering to say thank you bug the shit outta me.

#6 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2014 - 11:12 PM

Stealing is the worst. Before we had out server, I used to play on another one called Saryanta or something, and it was really nice at the beggining. It was the first time I played in a private server!
But some time after I started playing, I felt like some of my stuff was missing. Then the feeling got stronger, until I made a trap to see if someone was stealing my items by putting a diamond in a normal chest. Yeah, it got stolen. I tried to solve the problem by talking to the other players, but it didn't stop happening, so I just left the server.

I'm glad this doesn't happen on the Codex server.

#7 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2014 - 02:40 AM

Stealing is the worst. Before we had out server, I used to play on another one called Saryanta or something, and it was really nice at the beggining. It was the first time I played in a private server!
But some time after I started playing, I felt like some of my stuff was missing. Then the feeling got stronger, until I made a trap to see if someone was stealing my items by putting a diamond in a normal chest. Yeah, it got stolen. I tried to solve the problem by talking to the other players, but it didn't stop happening, so I just left the server.

I'm glad this doesn't happen on the Codex server.

brb raiding Swarley.

On another note, making a raiding/PKing/Survival server would be amazing....

#8 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2014 - 04:10 AM

I've never played this game before; isn't there a way to 'lock' your creations so some asshat can't come and steal or edit your stuff?

#9 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2014 - 04:54 AM

I've never played this game before; isn't there a way to 'lock' your creations so some asshat can't come and steal or edit your stuff?

With mods, yes, but we're on a Vanilla (basic) server right now so we can't do that. Most other servers I have played on have SOME degree of protection, but some don't and thats where issues can arise.

#10 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2014 - 07:00 AM

brb raiding Swarley.

On another note, making a raiding/PKing/Survival server would be amazing....

I forgot to mention: after I found out who was stealing me, I went to his house in real life and killed him. Just sayin'.

#11 T2dR

T2dR
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 07:13 AM

I saw a guy raid the community farm in a PVE server... he even destroyed the crops that hadn't grown fully yet! I mean.. WHY?!? It's already there for free, why destroy it for everyone else? >:C

#12 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2014 - 07:23 AM

With mods, yes, but we're on a Vanilla (basic) server right now so we can't do that. Most other servers I have played on have SOME degree of protection, but some don't and thats where issues can arise.

I would probably flip a lot of tables if someone messed up my work.

#13 Chameleon

Chameleon
  • vampire or somesuch

• 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:34 PM

I forgot to mention: after I found out who was stealing me, I went to his house in real life and killed him. Just sayin'.

Need Ivy's address?

#14 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:36 PM

Need Ivy's address?

Don't worry, my dear. Everything has been planned, I'm just waiting for the perfect moment ;)

#15 Chameleon

Chameleon
  • vampire or somesuch

• 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:41 PM

Don't worry, my dear. Everything has been planned, I'm just waiting for the perfect moment ;)

I knew I liked you.  

#16 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:43 PM

I knew I liked you.  

Yeah...he's crafty like that. ;)

#17 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:31 PM

DOORS: they exist on buildings and other structures for a reason. If you use a door to enter or exit...CLOSE IT BEHIND YOU!!!

#18 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:46 PM

When I'm trying to play but Java keeps crashing...

@Kord I'm tagging you just so you know that I wasn't being rude :p

#19 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:52 PM

When I'm trying to play but Java keeps crashing...

@Kord I'm tagging you just so you know that I wasn't being rude :p

Oh I understand, it was being a little funky for me earlier but then stabilized...was nice to see you pop in, I didn't think you were rude for leaving. :)

#20 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:54 PM

Oh I understand, it was being a little funky for me earlier but then stabilized...was nice to see you pop in, I didn't think you were rude for leaving. :)

It's like that for me since yesterday... It's getting ridiculous.

I felt bad for leaving without saying a word xD

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: minecraft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users