story fun murica neocodex yey

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#26 MC10

MC10
  • 353 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2014 - 03:44 PM

I was a kid in like 5th grade. My dad had an old friend, from college or high school, and his family come over for July 4th. They had a daughter who was a lot older than me. Maybe she was in college? It was 2005 I think. Neopets was made for college students right? Haha well I'm in college now and still playing. So anyways yeah I played Neopets a lot back then and I had a friend in elementary/middle school who also played. She loved Blumaroo's but her account has since been frozen :(. I'm not sure if she ever got into cheating or anything.

I used to be poor and have no idea how to do anything. I remember getting packs of Neopets cards and entering the codes. I also got the plushies from McDonalds happy meals. I attended a summer class thing that taught HTML. It was for younger kids and we learned really basic things. Near the end the two college students teaching it asked if anyone played Neopets. They divided their neopoints up and give it to us. That was pretty awesome to me back then and I got about 1 million. I was stuck around that number until last year when I discovered Neocodex! With the score sender I built up some capital. Then I started ABing and I have around 3 million now. I'm sure that's not a lot compared to the hardcore ABers :p.

I stopped playing around when summer break started last year. I just started playing again right before Thanksgiving and visited the forums again. So I'm back for now and it's fun to hang out with you people.

While writing this, wow nostalgia. I love the feeling of finding old memories. I can't wait to read some of your stories.

#27 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3,638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2014 - 03:44 PM

Bye Felicia

memer

#28 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 8,998 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2014 - 04:39 PM

Neopets:

One night my brother woke me up and went on about this cool online game. I made an account and played. Poogles were limited, but still readily available for making. The End.

Neocodex:

In 2009 I saw on some two-bit "cheating" website mention Codex for a money tree grabber and came here. The End.

#29 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1,250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2014 - 05:50 PM

Bye Felicia

At least I brought you all my handsome friend to meet.

#30 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,909 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2014 - 06:03 PM

Updated OP with my story :)

#31 krakus

krakus
  • 91 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2014 - 06:44 PM

I joined Neopets 12 years ago when my sister showed it to me, when I was an idiot kid. Mostly I didn't know how to do anything so I just collected Chia Pops and joined guilds and chatted on the boards. I was never really into money-making -- I was mostly super into avatar collecting and graphics making. I RS'ed books occasionally on the side, but never any UB's. That kept me happy for a really long time, until the graphics/coding & guild scene died down. I made some really great friends making graphics and coding (it's thanks to Neopets that I learned how to code), but they all slowly quit one by one. I ended up "quitting" in 2008 for another graphics forum/community, until that died down about a year and a half ago. That's when I came back to Neopets -- since the graphics and guild scene was still dead, I decided to get into NP-making and RS-ing. I think I found Neocodex on accident when coming across the item DB on Google....Abrosia was too tempting so I stayed and joined the crooked path. :p

Edited by krakus, 30 November 2014 - 06:45 PM.

#32 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9,682 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2014 - 08:24 PM

Neohacks > Digibliss > Neotwist > Digibliss > Iced Accounts (Or did this spin off of NT?  I forget.) > Codex.

Probably about 11-12 years of history there.

#33 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 9,491 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2014 - 11:30 PM

I joined Neocodex back in October, 2010 after being frozen for flash game cheating on my original main from back in 2000. Pissed as I was about the freezing, I joined here in the hopes of sticking it to TNT and their bullshit ways. I quickly made a bunch of good mates here (and am glad to still call them mates now  :p ) and went from regular member to Retired in just over a year. Loving the programs and the community, I was eventually approached by the Admins and asked if I would consider a position here as a moderator, which brings us to now, me, as a Mod *ahem* Admin *WIN*  :) I've learned a lot of helpful things in my time as a Moderator/Admin and am fortunate to have formed a great bond with the rest of the staff/members.

^from my profile.

#34 Padme

Padme
  • 1,577 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2014 - 12:29 AM

I played Neopets when it was first released during a summer camp. I was really active on Neofreaks and SD. I joined here and never posted much in 2005. Another forum member, @Apex or @Fusion not sure of his username, and I used to share this account just so we could use the programs. I do remember a lot of activity on pretty much every forum. There were a lot more users active in graphic subforums and general discussion. Not so much here, but old NF members feel like family at this point. This is the short version.

tl;dr don't ban me for sharing accounts in 2005-2006

This is not the 3 hour skype conversation we had about joining neopets. Should of included baby shrouded playing NP. :p

#35 Bee

Bee

• 1,155 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2014 - 02:08 AM

I don't have much of a story but here goes:

In summer 2005 an older friend told me about this site she played on, made me a Neopets account and I loved it (I actually took care of my pets then, bought them shit). I used my Uni as my profile picture in Hi5 and got a message from this guy who also played and with whom I eventually embarked on some odd sort of online relationship. When that relationship fizzled out, I lost interest in Neopets and only got back into it last Christmas. I googled about cheating as I had only about 500k to show for 9 years of playing, and Codex and that other site popped up. I joined both but used the other site at first because Codex looked too big. Didn't really like that site, decided to suck it up and post here and now I love it here.

#36 Dazz

Dazz
  • Mhmm

• 3,205 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2014 - 06:02 AM

Codex - 3vo - Codex

#37 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1,250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2014 - 06:08 AM

This is not the 3 hour skype conversation we had about joining neopets. Should of included baby shrouded playing NP. :p

Shhhhhh that was for you to hear only.

#38 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4,348 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2014 - 06:40 AM

If I remember correctly I joined neopets the summer of 2001, so I was about 10 years old. I think my username was something along the lines of "SSBlazinFlame01" to match my then 'girlfriend' "SSFrozenFlame01". I played legit for quite some time, and ended up collecting about 100k while showing off my riches to the kids in the librbary after school.
Around the time I turned 13 I ended up discovering 3vo, where the great Sockopen and SoreDavid took me under their wing, and showed me some VB6. I released quite a few shitty avatar grabbers, auto refreshers, and the worst auto trainer you could imagine. For some reason I feel the need to mention Atmos AB which was the fastest autobuyer I've used at the time, and with the 6 accounts, and 6 computers I had access to in the house, I started my own chinese-american neopoint farming circle jerk. Soon after that I somehow became a mod, and then sMod on 3vo.
I made an account on Codex because Vega, the asshole admin of 3vo at the time, told me to contact Hydro about possible DDoS attacks from him. Blah blah blah I realised how much of an asshole Vega was, so my friend Matt (AlmightyArab) and I decided to overthrow Vega with our "VivaLaResistance" campaign. Needless to say after banning the other staff members, and leaking a shit ton of their info, we were banned. Shortly after that Vega and his sister/wife made their own site, and some kid named Dory bought 3vo.
How dramatic! Thankfully I've devoted 100% of my fourm-ing..(?) to Codex and I've been a loyal member even since August of 2005!

#39 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1,250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2014 - 10:40 AM

If I remember correctly I joined neopets the summer of 2001, so I was about 10 years old. I think my username was something along the lines of "SSBlazinFlame01" to match my then 'girlfriend' "SSFrozenFlame01". I played legit for quite some time, and ended up collecting about 100k while showing off my riches to the kids in the librbary after school.
Around the time I turned 13 I ended up discovering 3vo, where the great Sockopen and SoreDavid took me under their wing, and showed me some VB6. I released quite a few shitty avatar grabbers, auto refreshers, and the worst auto trainer you could imagine. For some reason I feel the need to mention Atmos AB which was the fastest autobuyer I've used at the time, and with the 6 accounts, and 6 computers I had access to in the house, I started my own chinese-american neopoint farming circle jerk. Soon after that I somehow became a mod, and then sMod on 3vo.
I made an account on Codex because Vega, the asshole admin of 3vo at the time, told me to contact Hydro about possible DDoS attacks from him. Blah blah blah I realised how much of an asshole Vega was, so my friend Matt (AlmightyArab) and I decided to overthrow Vega with our "VivaLaResistance" campaign. Needless to say after banning the other staff members, and leaking a shit ton of their info, we were banned. Shortly after that Vega and his sister/wife made their own site, and some kid named Dory bought 3vo.
How dramatic! Thankfully I've devoted 100% of my fourm-ing..(?) to Codex and I've been a loyal member even since August of 2005!

Then in the end 3vo became a massive warez site. 

#40 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4,348 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2014 - 10:56 AM

Then in the end 3vo became a massive warez site.

Probably filled with crappy warez.

#41 Rocket

Rocket
  • Ginger Snapped

• 6,992 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2014 - 11:11 AM

Neopets - I started in middle school and played with a few friends (I don't know exactly how we found it). But I remember playing meerca chase all the time. I was obsessed for a few months then I forgot about it, and came back a few months later. I remember knowing my friends passwords so I would log into their accounts and steal all their neopoints.. I was bad.

I grew out of it for a few years, and came back in 2008 I think when I was a bored and lonely housewife. I got super good at restocking and collecting avatars and made millions and millions. I quit again for a little bit and started again in 2009, where I got back into it hardcore. I was kinda well known on Charter and the AC. I was the co-founder of the guild ~(8_o)~ for "elite" AC'ers. I was obsessed with being the best and collecting stamps (ended up with 3 avs and top 15 at one point), I did everything almost legit. I met a lot of really cool people through my guild who I am close friends with to this day. I was also pretty good friends with Munsterpoo and he liked to give me things (no I did not show him my boobs). I got frozen in 2012 for cheating, when I didn't actually "cheat" at the time. I had spent a lot of money on NeoCash and stuff so I was pretty upset. I came back in full force and cheated my way to the top.. and was again frozen. So I stopped playing for about a year and then started back up in December of 2013 when I was bored...

in comes NeoCodex.

A friend of mine (aka my lover/ex-lover) was a member here and he would share Mystery Pic answers with me and so I created an account in 2010 trying to figure out who he was on here, but I couldn't ever find him (he later told me he shared accounts and didn't have his own, idk). I bought some items when I was lacking in the RS'ing department and needed pure so I would sell them. I think I had like 12 posts up until December of last year. I was bored of neopets and was looking for a new community to help keep me entertained so that's when I popped up in here and tried to be friends with everyone. I was like YOLO. In retrospect I was really annoying and overzealous and came off as a spastic 12 year old. @ch33psh33p was my first friend back in the day because she got all my monies. Then @nitro was the first person to be nice to me.
A year later, here I am in Private and part of the Contest Team and have met some amazing people who I hope to be friends with for a long time. I didn't expect to get so attached, but alas here I am, you can't get rid of me.

#42 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1,250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:08 PM

Probably filled with crappy warez.

I can't even remember honestly. 

Neopets - I started in middle school and played with a few friends (I don't know exactly how we found it). But I remember playing meerca chase all the time. I was obsessed for a few months then I forgot about it, and came back a few months later. I remember knowing my friends passwords so I would log into their accounts and steal all their neopoints.. I was bad.

I grew out of it for a few years, and came back in 2008 I think when I was a bored and lonely housewife. I got super good at restocking and collecting avatars and made millions and millions. I quit again for a little bit and started again in 2009, where I got back into it hardcore. I was kinda well known on Charter and the AC. I was the co-founder of the guild ~(8_o)~ for "elite" AC'ers. I was obsessed with being the best and collecting stamps (ended up with 3 avs and top 15 at one point), I did everything almost legit. I met a lot of really cool people through my guild who I am close friends with to this day. I was also pretty good friends with Munsterpoo and he liked to give me things (no I did not show him my boobs). I got frozen in 2012 for cheating, when I didn't actually "cheat" at the time. I had spent a lot of money on NeoCash and stuff so I was pretty upset. I came back in full force and cheated my way to the top.. and was again frozen. So I stopped playing for about a year and then started back up in December of 2013 when I was bored...

in comes NeoCodex.

A friend of mine (aka my lover/ex-lover) was a member here and he would share Mystery Pic answers with me and so I created an account in 2010 trying to figure out who he was on here, but I couldn't ever find him (he later told me he shared accounts and didn't have his own, idk). I bought some items when I was lacking in the RS'ing department and needed pure so I would sell them. I think I had like 12 posts up until December of last year. I was bored of neopets and was looking for a new community to help keep me entertained so that's when I popped up in here and tried to be friends with everyone. I was like YOLO. In retrospect I was really annoying and overzealous and came off as a spastic 12 year old. @ch33psh33p was my first friend back in the day because she got all my monies. Then @nitro was the first person to be nice to me.
A year later, here I am in Private and part of the Contest Team and have met some amazing people who I hope to be friends with for a long time. I didn't expect to get so attached, but alas here I am, you can't get rid of me.

She hasn't PM'd me or been in contact with me in nearly a year :( The last time she did I didn't read it for over a month. Saddddddddddddddddddd

#43 Rocket

Rocket
  • Ginger Snapped

• 6,992 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:11 PM

I can't even remember honestly. 

She hasn't PM'd me or been in contact with me in nearly a year :( The last time she did I didn't read it for over a month. Saddddddddddddddddddd

she pm'd me earlier this year when she popped in randomly, but other than that it's been forever.

#44 Unmata

Unmata
  • 714 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2014 - 03:24 PM

When I was 13 I used to sit beside my best friend and watch her play meerca chase. Everyone in the computer room was playing neopets and thats when I made my first email and my first neopets account. I played for a year, pretty oblivious to most things on the site and then helped my little cousins create accounts of their own. The little bastards ended up guessing my password and ransacked my bank and SDB. I played off and on ever since.

I don't know how I ended up here. Oh, actually I totally do. I started playing neopets again after getting bored of MoP and searched for a kad feeder which led me to Valorous neopets suite and I created an account here to say thanks! *gasp*

#45 Kate

Kate
  • 🐟🐳

• 7,354 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2014 - 03:39 PM

My brother introduced me to Neopets when I was like 11 and I used to collect Ice Lolly's. My Mom had an account and played the slots and I remember she talked me into giving up my Ice Lolly collection to her, which she gambled away. :'( I quit after that for years and went back in like 2009 until now. 

My first account is 12.

As for Codex, I came here in 2012 thanks to Kiwi in hopes of selling my Main and ended up keeping my main and staying for the community. Eventually I got voted in Adv+ and then in March 2013 I was promoted to Mod after an application process. The chosen applicants were myself and prbm. I've pretty much been on staff since then, but was bumped up to Lead Mod when we took on a few more little moddies. I was voted in Retired in April and took a hiatus to have my little baby over the Summer. But now I'm back. That's about it. :3 I am bad at stories.

#46 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2,383 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2014 - 03:50 PM

i started playing neopets when i was 13 with some friends. We just used to play games. I was awesome at zurroball because i had a reallly slow computer, so the ball always dropped slow enough for me to click it up again lol. I don't remember how it all ended for me, i guess i decided that i needed to focus on school. in any case i stopped playing. Around 4yrs later i grew curious again, wondering "is neopets still alive". So i created an account and played for a tiny bit, got bored and moved on with life. Last year i found myself with time on my hands and caught myself wondering again "is neopets still alive", so i jumped back on and thought "why do i even play this, i just want to be rich lol"... so in a trade, me complaining about my lack of wealth, some dude mentioned that he used to get rich by using an autobuyer. my brain exploded 'WHAAAAT?! those exist'. Google and i immediately started chatting and introduced me to Codex. I joined, downloaded and started winning (with some losing). I don't play neopets much anymore, and barely run the ABer, but i enjoy being here at Codex with such friendly faces. There is always a post to be enjoyed. :)

#47 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16,889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:18 PM

I came. I saw. I came again. I conquered.

#48 Stephen

Stephen
  • 3,509 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 December 2014 - 07:41 AM

Well, I just wrote out about a thousand words and just accidentally went back. For fuck sake.

Okay, well.. I'll start again then. 

I found Codex in early 2004 (I think in Feb?), from memory it was a Yahoo group. Shortly after we moved on to an IPB Free forum I think. I've had a few names over the years: MorningstaR, xBullet and obviously Stephen.

Anyway... I didn't play neo for very long, and stuck around for the community. Back then I was known for releasing a few crappy programs and I was probably renown for being the most annoying little turd here. If you ever want to cringe I'd highly suggest going over my old posts, being involved in a community at the age of 9-10ish is an interesting experience and I'm surprised the admins didn't ban me. Guess I had @Noitidart protecting me!!! <3 (Where did Noit go @ShadowLink64 :()

CodexBound with @NP_craver (miss this guy! :(), man that was a terrible idea @Hydrogen

Over the years I was kind of involved in a number of competiting sites:

Neorealms: I initially co-founded this site with Gagun (from memory, it went on to merge with ev0lutions later -- but I was long gone)

LogicalGamers and GamingGutter: I co-founded LocigalGamers with XCannon/Xth Cannon (Alex) sometime ago and released a few programs there, including a Guess The Card autoplayer (search xbullet) there that I also released here a little later. After a while I had very little to do with LogicalGamers. GamingGutter was a somewhat similar situation, except I had far less to do with it all together. Alex was always started websites and working on new projects, and used to chat a ton, so usually I was involved.

I think my greatest memory/experience with Codex is probably the year (2005 I think?) SimonTheMime had us all hooked on Lineage 2. Man, that game was so addictively awesome. I will never forget running around the marshlands killing bugs with Sakura and ZDL, then going into the Cruma Tower and running into @ShadowLink64 grinding on his Sorcerer. So good.

Since those years I've slipped into a constant state of inactivity. Most of the time I come back I am looking for old friends to catch up with or just see how everyones going. It's great to see the site is still around after all these years -- hopefully plenty more to come!! :)

#49 Jess

Jess
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9,203 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 December 2014 - 07:58 AM

I'll tell you as soon as you tell me your birthday.

#50 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16,889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 December 2014 - 08:55 AM

<snip>

Wow, ZDL, Sakura, NP_Craver etc

Some very old nostalgia coming back...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: story, fun, murica, neocodex, yey

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

AhrefsBot (1)