55 replies to this topic

#51 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3,194 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:57 AM

Spoiler

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I hate you for posting that thread and making me sad and nostalgic by reading it.

I think my 13 year old self explained it quite well (really no, it was painful to read that) in that thread but to sum up:

I played Neopets legitimately and briefly, and I think before I was even ever on Codex. Hobo got me to come on Codex to ask for help for some game I was playing. I lurked around for a bit and dipped my toes in and decided to stay. I've always come and gone throughout my time being here (as I even stated in that post of seven years ago) but I always seems to, eventually, come back. And now, ten years later, here I am.

#52 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16,716 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 December 2014 - 03:24 PM

I think my greatest memory/experience with Codex is probably the year (2005 I think?) SimonTheMime had us all hooked on Lineage 2. Man, that game was so addictively awesome. I will never forget running around the marshlands killing bugs with Sakura and ZDL, then going into the Cruma Tower and running into @ShadowLink64 grinding on his Sorcerer. So good.

Oh gosh, Lineage 2. That was one of the most enjoyable things I can remember. :p

#53 Stephen

Stephen
  • 3,509 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 December 2014 - 05:55 AM

Oh gosh, Lineage 2. That was one of the most enjoyable things I can remember. :p

I know, right. I wonder if they will ever release Lineage 3.  :unsure:

#54 Dazz

Dazz
  • Mhmm

• 3,216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 December 2014 - 06:17 AM

I know, right. I wonder if they will ever release Lineage 3.  :unsure:

I doubt it L2 is dead nowadays, every private server is shit/pay to win. Retail is free now but it's changed a lot, they hold your hand too much.

#55 Stephen

Stephen
  • 3,509 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 December 2014 - 01:44 PM

I doubt it L2 is dead nowadays, every private server is shit/pay to win. Retail is free now but it's changed a lot, they hold your hand too much.

They're working on Lineage Eternal, which is more similar to Lineage 1 -- looks very much like Diablo 3 to me though.

I'd really like to see them release another MMO like L2, just with good WASD movement. 

#56 wvtn

wvtn
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:49 PM

I didn't recognise you from your current username. :p It's been a while.

I used to be a member of this awesome site that essentially lived by the same principals as NeoCodex called IcedAccounts.

For some reason it went through a revamp at some point while I was on hiatus there, but got an email about it and came back.

Eventually ended up becoming a SuperMod there and ruled with an iron fist... over a handful of members and a bazillion bots from China.

Since so many of our members, staff, programmers were already also members, staff, programmers here I ended up checking this place out too.

Back then my introvertedness was just as bad so I mostly lurked on/off until this year.

And that's where baby robots come from.

Er... I mean and now you're stuck with me. 

:)

RIP IA - Thnks fr th Mmrs

Sorry to dig up an old topic, but I decided to take a stroll down memory lane and to my surprise there is still mention of IA =D

I was a long time member of IA, never made it as a mod but sat as a VIP for a long time.
I remember seeing an email from Soul Stealer back around 2010 saying Iced Accounts was restarting, but never heard anything after that.

My account name back then was also wvtn, but everyone called me Woovster.

I'm actually really glad I stumbled upon here again while cleaning out my bookmarks, I might just make myself comfy here =P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: story, fun, murica, neocodex, yey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users