#1 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:36 PM

jbhDOQW2O38jRK.png

itdq4SM.png

Nominations start: Now

Nominations end: December 11, 2014 at 11:59 NST

Voting Period: December 12 to December 14 at 11:59 NST

Who to nominate: We are looking for someone who is kind, helpful, and has made great contributions to the forum while encouraging activity. You may nominate up to three people.

How to nominate: To nominate, either PM me or post here. Your nomination must include the person's username and 2-3 well thought out reasons - for example, explaining how well you think they did contributing to something. Reasons like "because they're cool" will not be counted.

How to win: The three users with the most nominations will be voted on at the end of the nomination period. The person with the most votes at the end of the voting period will become December's Member of the Month.

Full Rules:

Do not nominate yourself or ask to be nominated.

- Staff members may be nominated but each individual staff member may only win once every six months.

- Provide 2-3 well thought out reasons as to why you think the user you have nominated should be Member of the Month. If your reasoning is not valid, your nomination may not be considered.

- Post your nomination here or PM me if you would like to be anonymous.

- If you won the previous month, you cannot be nominated.

December MOTM Prizes:

- Private+ site theme for the month.

- Pretty userbar for the month:

motmchamplong.gif

- Shiny award to keep permanently:

motm.gif

Also this award can be achieved by anyone by following the criteria which can be found by clicking the image!
101-AwardImgMaster-1415723808.gif

lol nvm, just read this:

• Nominate 3 different people in the current MOTM topic while following the "How to Nominate" criteria.
  • Of those 3 nominees, none of them must be members who won within the last three MOTM's.
  • Of those 3 nominees, none of them must be staff members (moderators+admins) who won within the last six MOTM's.
  • Not retroactively awarded for nominations before November 2014.

tumblr_mx6dxr4ya81rfjowdo1_500.gif

#2 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:38 PM

Look at you all fancy with your colorful text! wheeeee

#3 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:39 PM

Look at you all fancy with your colorful text! wheeeee

Why thank you for noticing *bats eyelashes*

#4 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:44 PM

For now I have one person, but I'll think of more.

@Satsuki she's very helpful, always answering people's questions very informatively. She also did another FR thanksgiving last month for nothing in return. Oh, and the GMC. She has checked the AoB codes from every day to see if they were working :)

I thought of 5 differents members, but I had to choose two, so...

@CaptainDantes he updated the GMC thread daily with the AoB codes, the SS score and times that @Scrafty provided, he's funny and he's doing a great job honoring his new rank as an Adv+ member.

@Prisca she's really sweet, participates in contests and is doing the Neo's Advent Calendar thread with daily updates. That must be really boring to do, but she's still doing it anyway.

I'll still mention the others, but the top three were my choices for this time.

@Kord she's an amazing person, really kind, funny... My favorite old fart :p She also brings a lot of activity to the contests by donating $$$. I also love seeing her on the MC server!

@Keil for doing the Codex Advent Calendar and for being an amazing Mod.

@Emily for her contest ideas and making. They are always very organized and professional. She's also awesome. It's hard to believe she hasn't won MOTM yet.

#5 Unmata

Unmata
  • 714 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2014 - 02:17 PM

@Kord I think she's a incredibly positive presence in the forums. She sees what others might overlook and has such an easy and casual way of including people that I think it often goes unnoticed. She's a smooth operator, and has encouraged more than one member to come out of their shell and be more involved with the codex community. Plus everywhere I look she's donating $$ Neocodex Store vouchers for contests. 

Edited by 0ryx, 02 December 2014 - 01:35 PM.

#6 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2014 - 02:22 PM

Yay pretty colors!!

I'll nominate @Kord - She is insanely nice, donates to contests, and generates a good deal of activity.

I'd also like to nominate @Dan - Recent conversations with Dan on the forum have shown his continued dedication to Codex's well-being.

Last but not least I'd like to nominate @Swarley - Who doesn't like this guy, I mean come on. Friendly, fun and informative are only 3 words to describe this member.

Good luck everyone!

#7 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2014 - 02:24 PM

@Kord I, too, would like to nominate Kord. She's quite the friendly, helpful, active member on both the forums and our Minecraft server.

@Ivysaur ditto but with patience of steel. went the extra mile to make sure my waifu was able to join me/us on the Minecraft server & her feel welcome

@Strategist he made me do it; threaten to cut me and blow up my underground lair if i didn't I mean he's such a great guy. Really makes me feel like part of the Codex and Minecraft families. Welcome, friendly, warm, and helpful. Perverted as sin. Funny dude.

Edited by DawnKnight, 01 December 2014 - 02:24 PM.

#8 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2014 - 02:24 PM

look I can do pretty colors too!!

Edit: I'll add a real nomination so I'm not spamming

@Emily for being a super awesome Mod and putting up with crap from everyone. She's nice and funny and she sounds like a disney princess. For all her hard work with Contests (she does a lot behind the scenes) and helping with all my nagging questions about everything. 

@Trichomes - for hosting Secret Santa this year and taking the time to get everyone's info and disperse matches.

@Kord for her continuous contributions to codex competitions. For being friendly to anyone and everyone on site and helping where she can.

#9 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2014 - 02:45 PM

Oh snap, is it that time of year?? :o

I like to nominate Kord for being so social, friendly, helpful, and just plain awesome in general. :D

I nominate Swarley.  He's fun, funny, friendly, helpful, (okay, what isn't he?) and very active.

Lastly, I nominate Emily for her commitment to Neocodex, and being a proactive, efficient, and helpful moderator.  Thank you for your commitment! :D

#10 MC10

MC10
  • 353 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2014 - 03:01 PM

I nominate @Kord since I've seen her contribute quite a bit since I've been back. I've only been back for a bit though. She seems friendly and nice as well. :)

I also nominate @Emily. She seems to be helping around a lot as well and is nice. She also complimented me as well, yay! :p

I don't think it matters if it's important, really. You worked hard on a guide and it helped people so award for you, glen coco! 

I nominate @Keil as well for contributing to the community. He was recently promoted to Retired Member as well! Congratulations!

All of them have hosted some contest or event recently as well, I believe. That's awesome, keep up the great work!

#11 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2014 - 06:48 PM

I nominate @Strategist because

bunny2.jpg

Also because he's nice and helpful and whatever. :p

#12 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2014 - 06:58 PM

I'd like to nominate: 

@CaptainDantes

because of their work with the GMC thread. It's a whole lot of work to keep up with posting all the AoB's, prizes, scores and links to the games, plus the fact you constantly have to put everything in spoilers which can be a lot of work when there's a ton of stuff in the first post. I ran the GMC thread last year, and I know first-hand how much work is put into it. 

They're also very friendly, and have recently received adv+ for their contributions to our site, so they have been recognized before for what they do for us. 

#13 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:43 PM

@Satsuki for her kind and great helpfulness in lots of topics. She is always quick and her posts are useful.

@Kord for her amazing, contagious enthusiasm that she displays through her posts. I appreciate her contribution to ongoing contests.

@CaptainDantes for his continual contribution to the GMC. I certainly would have been way behind the times without his posts. He has put in oodles of effort into the continual upkeep of the GMC thread (with a little help not to go unnoticed).

Edited by Prisca, 01 December 2014 - 08:44 PM.

#14 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2014 - 12:34 AM

I'm having troubles getting to sleep...though I hopped off of Minecraft (and thank you from the bottom of my heart @Strategist and @Chameleon and @Swarley and @Ivysaur for the fun time there tonight especially since I'm a stressed-out cranky bitch at the immediate time!) to get some sleep, but mehhh...the brain goes into overdrive thinking about too many things, thus I am up briefly to settle a bit before crawling back under the covers to hibernate for a few hours. ;)

As usual, the nominations that I'd like to make far outnumber just three, but I think we all run into that issue more than a few times. :p I apologize for not being able to make more! Having said as much, my nominations are as follows:

@Emily (and I can fairly say nearly the same that I did last month) : she puts in tons of work consistently, and I'd hate to see YET ANOTHER month slip past without her strong consideration for this honor! She awesomely ran the Referral Contest not too long ago, but she's got many other responsibilities (not least of which is leading the ENTIRE Contest Team, which I think we all enjoy the crap out of) on a continuing basis, as well as numerous other obligations both above and below the surface of the site that keep her hopping non-stop. Despite that, she always makes herself available to answer questions or chat via PM as need be! The personal touch that she provides is outstanding.

@Strategist : he's been his usual badass self helping out ANYONE with ANYTHING at a moment's notice...and he's so incomparably  nonchalant and kind in his way of helping that it's almost too easy to forget that he's an Admin here and has a shit-ton of other responsibilities (and also a life outside of Neocodex, as we all do to one degree or another!) to tend to. The very fact that he's an Admin and thus extremely adept at doing a million things at once whilst flying under the radar with a "no sweat" demeanor is likely what keeps him from being nominated for this honor more often. On a selfish note, I have really enjoyed his participation on and attention to the Neocodex Minecraft Server!

@CaptainDantes : he is truly a sweetie, and though I first started to communicate with him in the course of the Neocodex Fantasy Football stuff, I've been delighted to see him become more active across the forums and especially with the GMC just recently. His contributions are a huge help to many, and I think that deserves some healthy recognition.

On a side note...

tumblr_ludl4izlCC1qd9d91.gif

While I truly and TOTALLY appreciate the nominations that I've been given herein (yeah they even made my eyes all very leaky, and I didn't think I'd admit as much...but yeah!) from the bottom of my heart, I really think that you should put your nominations toward individuals who have put in a tremendously larger effort than I have. I really enjoy Neocodex and won't be going anywhere, so there's plenty of time for this later on once I earn my keep a bit better. ;)

#15 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2014 - 02:34 AM

I nominate :

@Swarley because he's awesome, very friendly and so nice to talk to :) 

@Kord : Also a very friendly face around codex, she donates to practically every contest and even has her own awesome GIF contest.

@CaptainDantes for posting daily updates on the GMC! They really helped me out.

#16 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:36 AM

I nominate:

@Kord - She has always been so welcoming, not only to me but to everyone. I don't think there is an evil bone in her body :) I see her in almost every contest either donating or participating. I just all-around think she's someone that personifies someone with the right attitude on here.

@Swarley - He is another person that has always been very welcoming. He has put in a lot of work lately starting the Create-a-Sim contest and running the Customization contest concurrently. He has also recently been recognized for his contributions to the site with a promotion to Private!

If people are nominating me for the GMC thread, then I have to nominate @Scrafty. I'm pretty sure my OP on the GMC thread meant nothing until she posted her score sender settings. She is a sustaining presence on the boards. And I really like her avvie (though I have no idea what it is)

#17 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:27 AM

Trichomes, who decided to host the Secret Santa event, even though it's an ass full of work, of which she was kinda scared.

#18 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:29 AM

Trichomes, who decided to host the Secret Santa event, even though it's an ass full of work, of which she was kinda scared.

Leaker!!

#19 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2014 - 11:16 AM

So many possible noms this month, it's hard to narrow down :(

@Emily for running the Referral contest, and many many other things

@Trichomes for running the Secret Santa this year

@Swarley for running several contests and just being an overall pleasant person

Voting is going to be hard this time around >_<