Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:30 PM

Someone start a petition to bring @Sweeney @Sunscorch back

#105 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:30 PM

Is it a requested suspension, or changing his password to something random or something?

He changed his password to a keyboard mash so he couldn't log in anymore.

#106 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:32 PM

Yeah mods could reset password.

I had a feeling for a long time that Joe for some reason disliked or mis trusted me, which is a shame.

Joe was a dick, but he was a man of true heart. He'd go by reason and logic and didnt let silly emotions get in the way of what was right. I disagreed with a lot of what he said and believed, but he always had the right motive at heart.

He genuinely cared about this site, big time. It's a shame the administration couldn't give him what he wanted.

#107 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:33 PM

7ia8dGyiA.jpeg

#108 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:35 PM

Why would he want to do that?

I'd actually like to see him back...I lubs you two, sorry to sound all cheesy and stuffs, but that's how I feel.  :wub:

#109 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:35 PM

I had a feeling for a long time that Joe for some reason disliked or mis trusted me, which is a shame.

Joe was a dick, but he was a man of true heart. He'd go by reason and logic and didnt let silly emotions get in the way of what was right. I disagreed with a lot of what he said and believed, but he always had the right motive at heart.

He genuinely cared about this site, big time. It's a shame the administration couldn't give him what he wanted.

I read that to him.  He giggled at the end.

Also, he doesn't dislike you.

#110 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:36 PM

^

This.
It is a shame because he was such a huge asset to staff. When I heard he was leaving I was flabbergasted, when someone who has been around that long leaves, you know it's bad.

#111 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:39 PM

I read that to him.  He giggled at the end.

Also, he doesn't dislike you.

He's just an intense but delightfully multifaceted dude (I used to think that he hated me as well, but then I figured out that his cleverness and varieties of both sarcasm, wit, and unfiltered self-expression can sometimes seem like that).

#112 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:57 PM

He's just an intense but delightfully multifaceted dude (I used to think that he hated me as well, but then I figured out that his cleverness and varieties of both sarcasm, wit, and unfiltered self-expression can sometimes seem like that).

Heh.

Since we're all talking about Sweeney now,

For a long time I hated him. I thought he was a dick, and he was sometimes unnecessarily cruel. I couldn't stand it when he was that way to new members. And obviously I didn't agree with him on debate topics, which didn't help with camaraderie. However, I gradually began to mature more and see past his snark and realize that he was usually right. Also, Sweeney was always intensely devoted to what he believes in, whether it be Neocodex or a particular debate. It was when he became a moderator when I gained the most respect for him. It was extremely clear that he REALLY loved Neocodex and he did everything he could to help. I can't imagine the hours he poured over this community, from programming his NeopetsTools programs to suggesting and implementing new ideas for Neocodex. All of his years of experience really shone when he was moderator this year. Now, I don't know the exact details of why he left Neocodex, but I suspect that it may have something to do with feeling under appreciated. I don't blame him, I would definitely feel under appreciated in his place.

TLDR Sweeney is a dick, but a well meaning person. All of Neocodex should miss his absence :(

Heh.

#113 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:58 PM

Heh.

Heh heh...

#114 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:00 PM

I think it was being unable to make the changes he wanted to make and because of lack of respect, to be honest. I tried to help him with the first part and pretty much got mocked for it (not by him) so I didn't really blame him. 

#115 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:01 PM

I think it was being unable to make the changes he wanted to make and because of lack of respect, to be honest. I tried to help him with the first part and pretty much got mocked for it (not by him) so I didn't really blame him. 

Thank you for sharing, Emily, and who knows...maybe sometime he will rejoin us here. :)

#116 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:02 PM

TIL Joe is a British robot.

#117 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:03 PM

^ Yep. People can speculate all they want but the real reasons are pretty clear if you pay attention.
There is only so much he could do without the support he needed. I think he realized a lost cause when he saw it.

I'm just a glutton for punishment.

#118 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:04 PM

...And we got back to the sad subject :/

#119 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:07 PM

TIL Joe is a British robot.

He is?

#120 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:14 PM

He is?

1) He's super efficient

2) Doesn't leave a task incomplete.

3) Uses strictly logic to come up with a solution for a problem. Zero room for emotional responses.

4) Was likely manufactured in the UK.

Watch out Nymh. He's a Terminator.

#121 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:36 PM

1) He's super efficient
2) Doesn't leave a task incomplete.
3) Uses strictly logic to come up with a solution for a problem. Zero room for emotional responses.
4) Was likely manufactured in the UK.

Watch out Nymh. He's a Terminator.

The only british robots I'm aware of are Fembots. Joe would make a poor version of one of them. Besides his hair.

#122 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:39 PM

He's not coming back. He couldn't log in even if he wanted to. *sigh*

Booo.

Because he loves us...?

I'm pretty sure he doesn't love you.

It cracks me up that people think that he left because he 'didn't get what he wanted'. Like a petulant child? There's a difference between 'lack of respect' and being hounded by assholes for every. single. fucking. thing. you do. Dude teaches kindergarden, he can HANDLE 'lack of respect'. I certainly don't presume to know his reasons for leaving, but I know why I didn't feel like being around this place at the end of October. I came back for my traditional mailing of the Christmas cards, and part of me regrets it. The other part of me says, "Just do whatever you feel like." and I feel like having a good time, so I thought how can I have a good time? I know... I'll conjure the spirit of Sweeney. Alas. Nymh gets him all to herself.

#123 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:44 PM

I miss his propensity for verbosity and using big words. I try to carry the fire but it's not quite the same. :/ Thankfully I still have Sesame Street for my regular fix or I'd likely go crazy.

#124 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:53 PM

I miss his propensity for verbosity and using big words. I try to carry the fire but it's not quite the same. :/ Thankfully I still have Sesame Street for my regular fix or I'd likely go crazy.

Even that ain't what it used to be. God, Elmo is an irritating dipshit.

#125 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:56 PM

Even that ain't what it used to be. God, Elmo is an irritating dipshit.

These are defiantly testing times we're going through my friend. :/

Oh hey, I need to learn a bunch of new vocabulary for my standardized tests. Quick, someone throw some big words at me!

You spelled standardised wrong for a start. :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users