#126 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:46 PM

Booo.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't love you.

It cracks me up that people think that he left because he 'didn't get what he wanted'. Like a petulant child? There's a difference between 'lack of respect' and being hounded by assholes for every. single. fucking. thing. you do. Dude teaches kindergarden, he can HANDLE 'lack of respect'. I certainly don't presume to know his reasons for leaving, but I know why I didn't feel like being around this place at the end of October. I came back for my traditional mailing of the Christmas cards, and part of me regrets it. The other part of me says, "Just do whatever you feel like." and I feel like having a good time, so I thought how can I have a good time? I know... I'll conjure the spirit of Sweeney. Alas. Nymh gets him all to herself.

Well, I never said it was because he didn't get what he wanted. I said it was because he couldn't make the changes he wanted to make - something he said himself. I was also using 'lack of respect' as a nicer way of saying people were fucking assholes to him. 

#127 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:54 PM

I .. have only read the first page of this thread out of laziness so I'm extremely uninformed, but I gather we're now going around the circle and sharing our thoughts and memories of Joe as though he has passed away (I am also extremely uninformed as to why he left to begin with (that is not me asking so pls no one rant at me about it))

But Joe and I have been around a long time. I can't even remember when the last time I spoke to him was. To me, Joe is like that guy in highschool who you say you 'know' and like but don't really talk to. But then give an acknowledging nod to when you pass him in the hallways.

#128 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:56 AM

Why are all the mods speaking so generally about who was a dick to Joe?
Who specifically?

#129 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:01 AM

Lol yeah because that wouldn't be against the rules or anything..

#130 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:10 AM

Staff are fair game remember?

#131 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:52 AM

Well shit that would explain why he hasn't responded to my pm yet... been waiting on a reply for months lol. I thought he said he was just going on a break :/

#132 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:04 AM

Staff are fair game remember?

qft

#133 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:07 AM

Well shit that would explain why he hasn't responded to my pm yet... been waiting on a reply for months lol. I thought he said he was just going on a break :/

Hahahahahaha

#134 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:42 AM

Spoiler

#135 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:04 AM

Ohhh. I get it now. I had a hard time because I pronounce Ali like "Ah-LEE" and Alley "AH-lee". I pronounce "ewe" like "sheep".

I pronounce Ali like Ali, very oriental. Like an Arab king.

PRICE ALI FABULOUS HE ALI ABABWAH

I'm shocked we made it this far in the thread without this tbh.

And since we're mixing serious with the frivolous,

He does.

Nope, it's because you fear my retribution for starting a (somewhat funny) poking match like it's 2001 and we're all on MSN messenger.

THAT brought you all back, I'm sure.

Not like this conjuring of yours PRBM. I mean I love your intentions with this topic and even seeing Joe post would improve my day. But I don't think most people realize how... misused Joe has been here on codex. He has administered multiple online communities before. The disrespect he got here as a lowly moderator, well... that would discourage anyone from coming back. New people always think they can do it better and with less help than the people before them. Over the years we've steadily shed staff positions to the point that we're now asking past moderators to fix things because the named staff doesn't has the time, inclination, or ability to actually get things done.

Case in point, none of you idiots who go to the staff meetings bothered to tell me that my role as Private Leader won't exist in a short while. I mean I've been late putting up private apps, but shit, you guys have been late doing pretty much everything of consequence for this site for years. Kicking another person off the staff team (not referring to myself here - I have only limited mod powers for some reason, as though I haven't fucking earned them in the past) doesn't solve your problems - it creates a scapegoat. That's not positive and it's not productive and I think that's a large part of why Joe left of his own volition instead of waiting to be tossed like an empty crisp packet.

I've thought about permanently leaving a lot the past week. Semi unrelated to staff. Staff isn't everything.

Also @Sunscorch @sweeney

#136 Chameleon

Chameleon
  • vampire or somesuch

• 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:15 AM

There's obviously a lot going on that us commoners don't know about.  I miss Joe and wish he'd come back IF it wasn't going to make him fucking miserable to be here.  Apparently it was, and will.  So good luck and good wishes to you Joe, you are missed.

#137 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:55 AM

I didn't even realise he'd gone. Shows how much attention I pay.

#138 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:40 AM

There's obviously a lot going on that us commoners don't know about.  I miss Joe and wish he'd come back IF it wasn't going to make him fucking miserable to be here.  Apparently it was, and will.  So good luck and good wishes to you Joe, you are missed.

Not just the commoners, I don't usually know what's going on until after it's happened either. :p I still don't really know why Joe decided to leave.

#139 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:33 AM

Never mind.

#140 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:34 AM

Not just the commoners, I don't usually know what's going on until after it's happened either. :p I still don't really know why Joe decided to leave.

He wanted things to change. Admins couldn't/wouldn't allow those changes.

Joe left. Don't know what things though.

#141 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:48 AM

Did anyone here consider, that him having a life and wife and all that now played a roll in him leaving aswell? Codex isn't everything either, you know.

#142 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:51 AM

Did anyone here consider, that him having a life and wife and all that now played a roll in him leaving aswell? Codex isn't everything either, you know.

Oh please what could a life, wife, and kids give to him that's better than a Neopets Cheating Community?

#143 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:52 AM

It's not?

#144 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:54 AM

It's not?

No.

giphy.gif

#145 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:55 AM

It's not?

giphy.gif

#146 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:42 AM

There, there.
tumblr_inline_ngc57nl8U91qcv8vh.gif

#147 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:42 AM

Well which is it? A life or a wife? He can only have one since we're playing the whole "you can only do thing" scenario.

#148 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:52 AM

He wanted things to change. Admins couldn't/wouldn't allow those changes.

Joe left. Don't know what things though.

Admins? I thought we only had one left

#149 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:37 PM

We technically have three.

#150 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:52 AM

You wouldn't know anything, you have yours turned off, don't you, @Drakonid?

@Boggart's gay.

STOP SPILLING MY SECRETS/SEMEN on the floor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users