52 replies to this topic

#26 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,916 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:03 PM

@nitro

How about, is it okay that I log on and log off every few hours on the epic browser with the account I bought? :o

It's only ok if your bought accounts is ONLY logged into and off in Epic with the proxy on

#27 scgain

scgain
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:45 AM

I installed this but there's no proxy button. I checked Disable on Network Options and unchecked, still nothing. Then I reinstalled it, still does not show up. 

Tried posting on Troubleshooting twice but the posts have not gone through.

Edit: Changing browser's language to English is how I got it to work.

Edit: When I registered I had a Missouri ip but five minutes later it changed to an Amsterdam one. Are you sure the ip is supposed to be steady?

Edited by scgain, 23 December 2014 - 09:21 AM.

#28 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,916 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:49 PM

I installed this but there's no proxy button. I checked Disable on Network Options and unchecked, still nothing. Then I reinstalled it, still does not show up. 

Tried posting on Troubleshooting twice but the posts have not gone through.

Edit: Changing browser's language to English is how I got it to work.

Edit: When I registered I had a Missouri ip but five minutes later it changed to an Amsterdam one. Are you sure the ip is supposed to be steady?

I'm pretty sure that the IP doesn't change if you don't close the entire browser, but idk. It could change every hour or so or something. Either way, it's more safe than having all your accounts on one IP. Also thanks for figuring out the language issue, I will add to OP

#29 Unmata

Unmata
  • 714 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 December 2014 - 12:01 AM

Thank you for this. I'm going to make a few accounts tonight. So many great names to use ^.^

#30 vay

vay
  • 105 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:30 AM

Hey this seems pretty useful! Thanks for the guide!

Edit: Tried it out. It's epically slow, for me, rather unfortunate. Tells me it can't connect to the proxy server, which means it's not working for me.

2nd edit: Fixed! I had cyberghost on, which didn't allow epic to work!

Edited by vay, 14 January 2015 - 08:16 AM.

#31 Hopeless

Hopeless
  • 181 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2015 - 10:08 PM

@ortin - Seriously, thank you so much for this! I've been using this browser since you posted it here and I don't know what I'd do without it. I don't know why you'd go through the hassle of checking lists of free proxies and plugging them into an extension (which what I did before - always took way too long, and was often pretty slow depending on available proxies) when you can just open up a new window in Epic.

#32 Peaches

Peaches
  • 497 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:50 AM

@ortin - Seriously, thank you so much for this! I've been using this browser since you posted it here and I don't know what I'd do without it. I don't know why you'd go through the hassle of checking lists of free proxies and plugging them into an extension (which what I did before - always took way too long, and was often pretty slow depending on available proxies) when you can just open up a new window in Epic.

I agree with this, helped me out a lot too!  :thumbsup:

#33 leptooners

leptooners
  • 143 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:00 AM

Very nice browser, easy to use proxies are something that you don't see for free very often. I hope they're reliable.

Here's a speed test with the proxy enabled. I should be getting 30/5 so it's very fast but the latency is naturally a bit high considering I'm connecting to a server across the country.

4091127761.png

Edited by leptooners, 26 January 2015 - 10:00 AM.

#34 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4,361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:32 PM

Scrolling down codex's main page, and see the last poster has a line through their name is really bothering me.

fix'd

#35 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2,559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 February 2015 - 01:39 AM

>privacy oriented browser

>not open-source

lol.

#36 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,916 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:00 PM

>privacy oriented browser

>not open-source

lol.

They're so privacy oriented that even their source code is private :p

#37 zbarnwell

zbarnwell
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:25 PM

Man this sounds amazing!

#38 driz

driz
  • 27 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:48 PM

This looks pretty cool. Thanks for the heads up on it.

#39 m52e

m52e
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:48 AM

Thanks, very helpful post! :) 

#40 stalk

stalk
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 02:58 PM

was running out of browsers lol

just dled, ty! it looks great so far, was a bit slow at first but i think that was just my connection

#41 sprite_e

sprite_e
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 05:00 PM

How is the speed via the proxy?

#42 Leon13

Leon13
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:42 PM

Wow, I should've posted here before I got excited about the proxy checker linked elsewhere. I'm just going to start using this tonight. Got a UC I need to cache asap!

#43 Chuuya

Chuuya
  • 134 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2015 - 01:55 AM

woohoo thanks !

#44 Piro

Piro
  • 39 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2015 - 08:20 PM

Quick question about the proxy part. Are the proxies all randomized? I don't really want to jump on and say someone gets frozen under a specific IP then my accounts do to. I can almost never find good proxies, I've been using my phone as if you reset it, the ip address changes. I need something that I don't have to use my phone data to pass around items to keep them safe.

#45 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,916 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2015 - 07:34 PM

Quick question about the proxy part. Are the proxies all randomized? I don't really want to jump on and say someone gets frozen under a specific IP then my accounts do to. I can almost never find good proxies, I've been using my phone as if you reset it, the ip address changes. I need something that I don't have to use my phone data to pass around items to keep them safe.

It juggles between a few IPs. TNT can't really freeze people for using it because legit players also use those IPs if they use Epic. Perks of a public IP :p

#46 Piro

Piro
  • 39 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:21 PM

It juggles between a few IPs. TNT can't really freeze people for using it because legit players also use those IPs if they use Epic. Perks of a public IP :p

Perfect. I just really hate using my phones data constantly.

#47 spotify95

spotify95
  • 305 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:09 AM

It's less suspicious than having two accounts on the same IP and trying to transfer items between the two :p

It changes IP every time you close the entire program, then open it again. Disconnecting and reconnecting to the proxy seems to only reconnect to the same proxy. It's faster than Tor most of the time.

Oh goody goody I might check this out, I have Tor as well but Tor is quite slow and sometimes some of Tor's IPs can be banned at websites that I visit. 

Plus it uses Chromium so should be quick enough.

edit: And it uses an old version of chromium (v40) so supports my plugins too. Will definitely use this.

Edited by spotify95, 23 September 2015 - 11:23 AM.

#48 Mothra

Mothra
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 12:51 PM

Wow, I had never heard of this browser. I love it already.  :wub:

#49 Lollita

Lollita
  • 765 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 October 2015 - 01:02 PM

Wow, I had never heard of this browser. I love it already.  :wub:

Same here <3

#50 spotify95

spotify95
  • 305 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 03:15 PM

Already used it and it works fine, does everything I need it to :)

Sometimes it can be a little slow, probably due to the server it connected to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users