• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:03 PM

Okay, so we have already shared our favorite christmas songs. Now I want to know what Christmas songs you hate the most.

Edit: The worst part is when Bono says "tonight thank God it's them, instead of you". Bad move, Bono.

#2 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:06 PM

When you work in customer service, every Christmas song is the worst Christmas song ever.

Ask me again when I escape this hell.

#3 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:07 PM

"Last Christmas I gave you my heart, the very next day you gave it away. This year, to save me from tears, ill give it to someone special"

^^ This has to be the most depressing Christmas song i have ever heard. I refuse to sing it and play it at Christmas.

Edited by Prisca, 18 December 2014 - 09:08 PM.

#4 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:13 PM

Justin Bieber - Mistletoe

I don't think I've ever made it through the entire video hahaha

#5 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:42 PM

#6 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:45 PM

#7 Fennec

Fennec
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:27 PM

All of them.

Not because I work in customer service like @jcrboy though. I just hate christmas music ._.

#8 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:07 AM

^^ this song, while sweet, touching and lovely... perhaps a little too heavy to casually play on the radio. i cant listen to it for fear of many embarrassing tears. It should have been kept solely as a story, maybe even a film (it is a film isnt it?)

Edited by Prisca, 19 December 2014 - 12:08 AM.

#9 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:08 AM

Hahaha this, thank you for posting it so I didn't have to.

#10 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:34 AM

Taylor Swift - Christmas Must Be Something More

#11 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:43 AM

"Last Christmas I gave you my heart, the very next day you gave it away. This year, to save me from tears, ill give it to someone special"

^^ This has to be the most depressing Christmas song i have ever heard. I refuse to sing it and play it at Christmas.

I don't know what's worse this song or their haircuts!

#12 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:40 AM

I don't know what's worse this song or their haircuts!

The song. Their haircuts are awesome, what are you talking about? The worst thing about this song is it will get stuck in your head and never leave. 

I always sing along with the Christmas songs at work. I find it helps get you through the day if you make them even more obnoxious than they already are. It's the only way to fight back, imo.

#13 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:03 AM

She's dead, Jim.

Edited by DawnKnight, 19 December 2014 - 10:03 AM.

#14 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:25 PM

Why do shops even play christmas music? The workers hate it, the customers hate it, so who the fuck is even enjoying it?

#15 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:27 PM

Wow, cringe worthy.

I saw a Katy Perry performance in the suggested videos. I expected a train wreck and left satisfied.

Most Christmas songs are shit. After 9ish years in retail I've managed to block it out and not notice them.

#16 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:55 PM

The song. Their haircuts are awesome, what are you talking about? The worst thing about this song is it will get stuck in your head and never leave. 

I always sing along with the Christmas songs at work. I find it helps get you through the day if you make them even more obnoxious than they already are. It's the only way to fight back, imo.

They're just so horribly 80s though. D:

#17 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:55 PM

There is absolutely nothing horrible about the 80's.

Okay, so we have already shared our favorite christmas songs. Now I want to know what Christmas songs you hate the most.

Edit: The worst part is when Bono says "tonight thank God it's them, instead of you". Bad move, Bono.

I just wanted to say that I actually really like this song a lot, for a variety of reasons.

First- that line from Bono is meant to be abrasive. The entire point of the song was to raise awareness for the famine in Ethiopia. It makes me appreciate how fortunate I am. It's better to be able to complain about having to work at a shitty job that plays shitty music all day than to be starving somewhere.

Another thing I like is how fucking hot Sting and Bono look in that video. Maybe it's because I haven't slept well lately, or maybe it's because I've had a little drinkypoo, but damn, Sting and Bono are really doing it for me tonight. My only regret is that the video cuts immediately to fuckin' ugly ass Phil Collins (who I hate with a passion) and it completely kills my boner.

Lastly, a few Christmases ago, my brother told us that every time he hears the musical interlude that starts at 2:30, he always imagines a happy little snowman marching up a hill. I dare you not to enjoy this song every time you hear it from now on. I dare you.

That Mariah Carey video is so funny. Then at the end "I'm getting a new coat! Hahahahahaha!" lol who asked you, bitch?

#18 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 December 2014 - 12:19 AM

No love for Boy George doe?^ lol

#19 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 December 2014 - 12:21 AM

No love for Boy George doe?^ lol

His makeup is perfect.

It cracks me up how they zoom in on Simon Le Bon's sweaty face, but then I get distracted by fuckin' Sting lookin' young and hot and sexy. Jesus, help me.

#20 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 December 2014 - 05:08 PM

First- that line from Bono is meant to be abrasive. The entire point of the song was to raise awareness for the famine in Ethiopia. It makes me appreciate how fortunate I am. It's better to be able to complain about having to work at a shitty job that plays shitty music all day than to be starving somewhere.

Oh, I know that, I know. But you have to admit that he could have said that in another way, like just saying "thank God it's not happening with you", instead of saying that you should thank God that it's with them :p

Lastly, a few Christmases ago, my brother told us that every time he hears the musical interlude that starts at 2:30, he always imagines a happy little snowman marching up a hill. I dare you not to enjoy this song every time you hear it from now on. I dare you.

I'll try to, but I can't promise anything haha.

#21 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 December 2014 - 03:31 PM

Ugh.

#22 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 December 2014 - 03:44 PM