54 replies to this topic

#1 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2014 - 05:47 PM

*taken from Jellyneo

A Neopets-themed mobile app is finally on its way, and it looks to be a Sutek's Tomb-esque game themed around the Ghoul Catchers!

This app looks to be quite different from what was previously teased by Viacom. Rather than an app to supplement existing players by doing dailies and feeding your pet, this app seems to be a completely standalone game. Hopefully good for when you're away from your computer (or for drawing in some fresh players!)

Now, for some spoilers!

ghoul-catchers-app-icon.png

ghoul-catchers-01.jpg ghoul-catchers-02.jpg ghoul-catchers-03.jpg ghoul-catchers-04.jpg ghoul-catchers-05.jpg
Here are some more details on the app:

Description
Unhaunt houses and banish ghouls!

Mix and match ghouls and ghosts in this brand new game from the creators of Neopets! Brave Bren, the Professor, and Glyn need your help- phantoms and ghouls have escaped from the Haunted Woods and taken over the world. Join this professional team of Ghoulcatchers on their quest to make the world safe again!

You'll need to make matches of three or more to banish the scariest of spirits and unhaunt these houses. Combine four or more ghouls to create special tiles or use game-changing power-ups to clear the board!

Features
  • EARN REWARDS: Earn Neopoints and exclusive Neopets items!
  • POWER UPS: Power-ups like Ghoul-Be-Gone and Tailchaser can help you out in tough times!
  • EXPLORE NEOPIA: Venture through different lands like Brightvale and Faerieland.
  • ADOPT A PETPET: Have a Petpet companion accompany you on your journey.
  • TONS OF LEVELS: Catch ghouls in 40 levels of increasing complexity - more coming soon!

More Information
Ghoulcatchers is free to play, but contains in-app purchases for additional items such as power-ups that grant you extra lives and help you in the game. You may lock out the ability to purchase the upgrade by disabling in-app purchases through your device's settings.

Registration information is optional (children under 13 require parent registration). You will be able to be notified of game updates and new features along with integration to the online virtual world Neopets.com.

Availability
Currently, there are plans for the app to be available on Android, iOS, and Windows Phone devices (via the Google Play Store, Amazon App Store, iTunes App Store, and Windows Store).

A release date is currently unknown. (But most likely not until 2015.)

As always, when more information becomes available, we'll be posting to let you know. :) Look out for a guide when the app is finally released!

Now that Neopets is finally going mobile, what do you think? Will you be downloading the app? Let us know in the comments!

#2 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2014 - 05:59 PM

Ugh.

#3 Chameleon

Chameleon
  • vampire or somesuch

• 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:15 PM

Hopefully it brings some people in

#4 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:33 PM

I can't stand Candy Crush itself, so I've no plans to try this out. I hope they aren't going back on their former plans of developing a true mobile interface to Neopets.

#5 Ka1

Ka1
  • 955 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:51 PM

there is so many of these similar games everywhere :(

If they bring back Coco roller av, then i will play...

#6 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:18 PM

It all keeps tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling doooown...

#7 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:49 PM

Wow. Another candy crush copy. Looks like they couldn't think of anything original, which I'm not surprised by. I'm sick of candy crush copies, and I wanted an app that would supplement neo, where you could feed your pets and things, like what they alluded to before. I won't be getting it.

#8 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:53 PM

Wow. Another candy crush copy. Looks like they couldn't think of anything original, which I'm not surprised by. I'm sick of candy crush copies, and I wanted an app that would supplement neo, where you could feed your pets and things, like what they alluded to before. I won't be getting it.

Exactly my thoughts as well! 

#9 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:33 PM

mh5rXn8.png

Come on TNT step it up

#10 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:55 PM

LMAO^

#11 Ka1

Ka1
  • 955 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:16 PM

At least do a port of a well known Neopet flash game, like Meerca Chase or Turmac Roll, don't copy another game -.-

agree. but there is sutek tomb to back this...

I would think that terror mountain tilt is a good one to do

tilt the phone or pad instead

#12 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:48 PM

All of NP's games should be made to be accessible on mobile. I know how much hell that programing would be and do not expect it to EVER happen.

#13 Kau

Kau
  • 261 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 December 2014 - 01:52 AM

I thought it was the Neopets App they promised a long time ago.

If this is what they meant

am

Fucking

Done

#14 Fennec

Fennec
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 04:02 AM

Even if I HAD a mobile, I wouldn't touch this, regardless of it having exclusive items =/
TNT need to step their shit up, I only came back a few weeks ago and I can already see how far downhill they've gone since last year.

One could say it's almost like they're getting sick of money!

Edited by Fennec, 20 December 2014 - 04:03 AM.

#15 xToxic

xToxic
  • 349 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 04:51 AM

I understand its all good to work on new projects, Get new users. Blah..

But instead of getting new kids on the scene, They need to keep their older users content first.

I've seen their Christmas post about sorting the lag, For a huge company with all the resources.. Baffles me as to why it hasn't been sorted yet.

Just to add to my little moan; I agree with previous comments.

It should have been like a mini neopets where you can do what you do on a desktop, with maybe a special mobile world or something?

A new game app doesn't appeal to me, and never will.

Edited by xToxic, 20 December 2014 - 04:53 AM.

#16 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 December 2014 - 04:54 AM

Really? Were you expecting something better? It's TNT we're talking about, you should always keep your expectations low.

#17 boobface

boobface
  • 197 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 December 2014 - 05:31 AM

Am i the only one that thinks it looks kinda fun? rofl. i just hope its not as buggy and laggy as the main site  :)

#18 w0nderwall

w0nderwall
  • 568 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 December 2014 - 02:27 PM

I might play this depending if the exclusive items are worth it. :p

#19 Amadeus

Amadeus
  • 135 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:48 PM

I also think it looks fun, and I'm actually a bit exited since this allows them to create new games that they couldn't on the main site. I hope they create other more innovative games in the future. They are probably testing the waters using a game they saw it works  (how good an strategy that is though...). I can see them creating many other games if this is successful which I hope it will be, or at the very least, attract some more players.

#20 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:51 PM

I also think it looks fun, and I'm actually a bit exited since this allows them to create new games that they couldn't on the main site. I hope they create other more innovative games in the future. They are probably testing the waters using a game they saw it works  (how good an strategy that is though...). I can see them creating many other games if this is successful which I hope it will be, or at the very least, attract some more players.

That's a pretty positive outlook, hopefully that sort of thing will come to pass.

#21 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:58 PM

I don't think so.

I saw a bunch of functions for the neopets app, and they look like something for an official neopets app, not a side game. There was score sending, feeding pets, events, etc. etc. etc. Perhaps this is their experiment into the mobile world before they actually release a full blown neopets app.

Yeah I'm starting to think this is what's up, too.

#22 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2014 - 03:30 AM

At least do a port of a well known Neopet flash game, like Meerca Chase or Turmac Roll, don't copy another game -.-

All the well-known Neopets flash games are just clones of other games, anyways. :p

#23 Ka1

Ka1
  • 955 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:34 AM

http://www.neopets.c.../ghoulcatchers/

there is a link on neo now so i guess it will be out soon

I saw this on another site that 2 items has been found

Official Ghoul Catchers Stamp
Ghoul Catchers Coat of Containment

#24 Nicita

Nicita
  • 32 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:48 AM

D= NO! I REFUSE.

...I like Candy Crush more than I want to admit being an independent game developer. Whenever I have to reset my tablet to factory settings I tell myself I won't install it again ..but then I do, even though I have to start all over again ;3;

...I REALLY don't want this to take its place xD!

#25 Branlaur

Branlaur
  • 907 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:19 AM

Anyone know the release date of this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users