Quantcast

Photo

Why do YOU need Minecraft?

minecraft contest prize

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:30 PM

tYR9SUd.png

Why do YOU need Minecraft?

STARTS: NOW!

SUBMISSION DEADLINE: January 5, 2015 @ 5:00pm FR/NST (8:00pm EST)

VOTING ENDS: January 9, 2015 @ 5:00pm FR/NST (8:00pm EST)

Minecraft is an epically awesome game, and a number of us here at Neocodex enjoy it very much (there is even a Neocodex server for the game that we have oodles of fun playing on!). However, it would totally rock for there to be even more Neocodex folks playing.

I know, time and again we hear the same tiring whine of, "But I don't want to pay for it!". My primary response to this comment is that purchasing Minecraft costs a single-time fee of $26.95 (which is less than most Neopets players spend on Neocash in a single week!). My second response is that y'all should shut your mouths and enter this contest, which will give to a single winner a Minecraft Card Code enabling them to legitimately download and play the game (please note that only legitimately purchased, downloaded, and registered copies of Minecraft are enabled to play on servers of any sort...and the game is tons more fun when played in a community setting).

YOUR ENTRIES FOR THIS CONTEST...

Should be submitted to me via PM by the indicated deadline and can consist of ANYTHING designed by you (a graphic, poetry, prose, song, screenplay, photo, video, craft, recipe, etc.; if in doubt, feel free to ask me whether a particular entry type is allowed) that conveys, with explanation provided if not obviously apparent, why you feel that YOU "need" Minecraft.

Entries will be posted for voting at the designated time, and the single entry with the most votes will walk away with a card code to buy/download a copy of Minecraft.

Despite also being the host, I am definitely going to be voting in this contest as well (even though I usually never think that a host should vote in contests that they oversee), since I'm one of the Minecraft diehards here at Neocodex.

2d992rk.png

GOOD LUCK, ALL!!!

EDIT: A note from @Strategist regarding the contest...

"To the winner: You may PM either myself or @Romy for the server details after you receive the game  :) (you will need to choose a username and then forward that to us to be whitelisted on the server)."

#2 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:37 PM

This is exciting! I can't wait to see the entries :D

#3 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:38 PM

This is exciting! I can't wait to see the entries :D

I KNOWWWWW. Swarley, this is going to be so fun!  :yahoo:

#4 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:51 PM

*confetti* Good luck to everyone! And this is so generous of you Kord to do this! <3 ^w^

#5 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:53 PM

Awesomesauce! Get entering all those who wish to join our server but do not own the game! Like Kord said, we have loads of fun and we will be running a few different PvP and building contests coming up soon, so what better way to get started preparing for it than winning a copy of Minecraft!

To the winner: You may PM either myself or @Romy for the server details after you receive the game :) (you will need to choose a username and then forward that to us to be whitelisted on the server).

Also, thanks SO MUCH to @Kord for donating such an awesome prize! This contest is a really great thing for you to contribute :) Much appreciated.

#6 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:55 PM

Awesome, Kord! Thanks so much for doing this :) You rock. I can't wait to see the entries.

#7 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:04 PM

Thanks, all!  :wub:  I am really hoping to see an increase in interest for Minecraft here...it's a fantastic game, especially played among the Neocodex crew, so if this contest is well received...it'll be run again at some point for sure.

#8 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:08 PM

Can I enter? I don't have an MC account. :(

#9 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:09 PM

Can I enter? I don't have an MC account. :(

HEY..... :p Also, I corrected your username in the addendum to the original post. ;)

#10 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:29 PM

The true answer is that I don't =P.

#11 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:33 PM

This is amazing, @Kord is wonderful!!

I would enter, but i cant think of a good reason for 'needing' the game other than to play it and check it out lol. Looking forward to seeing those awesome entries. :)

#12 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:38 PM

This is amazing, @Kord is wonderful!!

I would enter, but i cant think of a good reason for 'needing' the game other than to play it and check it out lol. Looking forward to seeing those awesome entries. :)

I wish there was some way for people to check it out to see if they would like it, but I can't think of any...really it's one of those games that you either fall madly in love with or that you play a couple of times for a few weeks and then just disappear...but we'd so love to get some regulars on the server! Feel free to check out the Minecraft subforum here on Neocodex if you want to see some of what we've been up to.

#13 Wynd

Wynd
  • 397 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2014 - 10:34 PM

Kord, are non-fiction stories based on Minecraft allowed? I have a Minecraft account, but after a few things I can't access my favorite server(s) anymore. :* I love writing stories, and I could write forever on why I'd want another and on what's happened.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Wundy, 29 December 2014 - 10:39 PM.

#14 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2014 - 10:39 PM

Kord, are non-fiction stories based on Minecraft allowed? I have a Minecraft account, but after a few things I can't access my favorite server(s) anymore. :* I love writing stories, and I could write forever on why I'd want another and on what's happened.

:rolleyes:

Definitely! Feel free to go for it, that would be very compelling. :)

#15 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:03 PM

I was thinking about entering. Even have a little haiku on stand by:

Want to win contest

Minecraft is a lot of fun
Sell card for NeoCash

But I think I'll give everyone else a chance... this time.

It'll be great to have new blood on the server.

Minecraft with Codex has been a lot of fun so far, and only gets better with more members joining.

Good luck everyone! 

thumbsup2.gif

Edited by DawnKnight, 29 December 2014 - 11:04 PM.

#16 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:06 PM

I was thinking about entering. Even have a little haiku on stand by:

But I think I'll give everyone else a chance... this time.

It'll be great to have new blood on the server.

Minecraft with Codex has been a lot of fun so far, and only gets better with more members joining.

Good luck everyone! 

thumbsup2.gif

:wub:  You be da bestest cheerleader, thank you DawnKnight! :D I agree, new blood will be a good thing, as the game only gets more and more fun as more people who enjoy it enter the fold.  :ninja:

#17 MC10

MC10
  • 353 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:06 AM

I can't wait to see entries! I have no idea what to go with yet. Would a video be allowed? Maybe uploaded to YouTube, unlisted and give you guys the link or something.

It seems out I'm out reps for the day :(. I'll be back.

Edited by MC10, 30 December 2014 - 01:41 PM.

#18 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:40 PM

I can't wait to see entries! I have no idea what to go with yet. Would a video be allowed? Maybe uploaded to YouTube, unlisted and give you guys the link or something.

It seems out I'm out reps for the day L:(. I'll be back.

Yes, MC10, a YouTube or other video would definitely be allowed; I'll add "video" as a possible entry format to the first post so that others are aware. ;)

#19 Chameleon

Chameleon
  • vampire or somesuch

• 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2014 - 05:36 PM

Good luck to everyone entering this contest.  Look forward to seeing the winner on the server!

#20 Canis

Canis
  • Official Bacon Queen

• 1279 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2014 - 05:39 PM

This is awesome that you're doing this, Kord! :)

I want to enter but... I dunno if I wanna get sucked into MC... ahahaha... -lies down- ;_;

#21 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2014 - 06:05 PM

Isn't there a demo version on the game website? I'm pretty sure there is, and if I'm right, those who think will enjoy but aren't so sure can have an idea of what it is all about.

#22 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2014 - 06:07 PM

Isn't there a demo version on the game website? I'm pretty sure there is, and if I'm right, those who think will enjoy but aren't so sure can have an idea of what it is all about.

Good call, Swarley, thanks! Not that you'll need to install Java if you don't have it already. ;) The demo is here: https://minecraft.net/demo

#23 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:29 PM

This is awesome that you're doing this, Kord! :)

I want to enter but... I dunno if I wanna get sucked into MC... ahahaha... -lies down- ;_;

Do eet. Do eeeeeet!
One of us! One of us!

2862happydance-thumb.gif

axfm8o.jpg

#24 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:56 PM

Do eet. Do eeeeeet!
One of us! One of us!

2862happydance-thumb.gif

axfm8o.jpg

I agree! :D

SOOO looking forward to the Minecraft competitions during this gaming month, too...truly not to be missed!

#25 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:59 AM

YESSS I MIGHT ACTUALLY HAVE TIME TO ENTER THIS WHEN I GET HOME. Would love to finally have Minecraft on my PC. Playing the Xbox version my sister got is horrific.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: minecraft, contest, prize

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users