• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:36 PM

So I'm thinking of starting a new video project based on the XCOM series of games. The terminology surrounding the game is confusing, even to a current player, so first a little background:
Spoiler

So! All that said, what I'm looking for are lists of character names. Seeing as I only just tonight got the game, the DLC, the mod, and hex-edited the damn thing to get it to run on XP, I figure I might take one campaign to figure the game out. But after that, I'd like to start casting - perhaps with a cast chosen by you, the members.

A few ground rules:
  • Characters need to come from the same universe.
Han Solo should not appear in a list with Captain Kirk, nor should Spongebob Squarepants be with Ren or Stimpy.
  • A complete list will have about 100 names.
This is approximately the maximum roster for the game's barracks, so for the idea to work we need to fill it, or get close to filling it.
  • Real world characters are acceptable, but try not to cause offense.
As funny as it would be to have Barack Osama or Colon Powell, I think that sort of thing is in slightly poor taste. Especially considering we're saving the world from aliens.

And lastly because I know someone will suggest it if I don't head you off, if I get through a successful season or two, I'm going to run a campaign using usernames from Neocodex. So don't suggest it. At least not yet.

Now I know I'm kinda dumping this on you guys, but I'm sure some of you are just dying to make a list of character names from your favorite shows, books, mangas or whatever. I tried myself to make a list of Harry Potter characters, and even with seven books to work with it was hard to do. I had to dip into some seriously minor characters (Herpo the Foul and Ulric the Odd to name a few) to fill out a roster.

I'm hoping that some of the more literal minded (or Otaku minded) members of the board might have a better idea of where to start. I'm betting I'll get a couple lists of people I've never heard of (Prime Ministers of Canada or whatever) but I'm not going to be picky at this point. Any and all help is appreciated.

In the mean time, you can all oggle over my aborted list for harry potter:
Spoiler

Cheers for reading!

#2 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:54 PM

You already know where I'm going to get my list from. :ninja:

#3 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:57 PM

http://en.wikipedia...._biblical_names

#4 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 January 2015 - 09:02 PM

You already know where I'm going to get my list from. :ninja:

Err, no I don't?

#5 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 January 2015 - 09:35 PM

All the playable champions from League of Legends:

Spoiler

Every champion comes with their own lore and background story that somehow ties in with every other champion.

Edited by Lucian, 02 January 2015 - 09:35 PM.

#6 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 January 2015 - 09:39 PM

Oooh, I'll work on this tomorrow. *rubs hands together*

#7 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 January 2015 - 11:45 PM

http://en.wikipedia...._biblical_names

Not a bad suggestion. How cool would it be to have Moses laser some alien in the face :p

All the playable champions from League of Legends:
Every champion comes with their own lore and background story that somehow ties in with every other champion.

Hmmm. Good suggestion, especially considering the lore and how ubiquitous LOL has become. Unfortunately I don't play that game myself, so I would have no insight into their personae or character traits. The suggestion is appreciated all the same.

If you're still interested, you might watch one of beagle's videos, such as this one for an idea of the type of commentary and characterization I hope to bring to the video series.

Oooh, I'll work on this tomorrow. *rubs hands together*

Not going to lie, I got a bit of a semi reading that.

#8 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:02 AM

Not a bad suggestion. How cool would it be to have Moses laser some alien in the face :p

Jq6mGnP.png

It* wasn't my intention to make it look like the alien has 2 dicks xD

#9 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:20 AM

I wasn't my intention to make it look like the alien has 2 dicks xD

Suuuuure i was ;)

I see you've found a use for that ninja edit permission we gave you. Aren't you glad you applied for private? :D

Unfortunately I know all the tricks, so I quoted you before you edited it :p

#10 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:40 AM

Suuuuure i was ;)

I see you've found a use for that ninja edit permission we gave you. Aren't you glad you applied for private? :D

Unfortunately I know all the tricks, so I quoted you before you edited it :p

Heheheh you got me. But I knew that it was too late, that's why I left a * after the correct word :p (the private perk is perfect most times, though)

#11 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 January 2015 - 06:38 AM

Not going to lie, I got a bit of a semi reading that.

tumblr_mzbsk8skc41rgje4po1_500.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diy, halp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users