Quantcast

Photo

This whole thing breaks my fucking heart...

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2015 - 12:53 AM

...and is too multifaceted of an issue overall to even capture all of my feelings in a simple statement.

I've never posted anything in General Chat before because I never really felt a need to...that plus the fact that is gets a bit twisted in here at times, but what the fuck ever: this story is really aggravating:  http://www.nbcnews.c...ed-room-n281891

Especially this tidbit (the parents can't even corroborate an approximately similar time span?!? Whiskey. Tango. effing Foxtrot!!!):

"The 15-year-old would be locked in her bedroom with a bucket for a toilet as punishment for acting up, police said in an arrest report. The girls' parents said she would be locked in her room about four times a week, sometimes for days. The father said the longest time was 20 days, while the mother said longest was four days, according to cops."

Anyway...other thoughts/perspectives on this whole matter would be interesting to hear. My apologies in advance if this is an improper post, I sincerely apologize.

#2 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2015 - 01:14 AM

Damn, this article just got worse the more I read it. Reminds me of that Psyche case Genie ( http://psychology.ab...ogy/a/genie.htm ). Hopefully the parents get charged to the fullest extent.

#3 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2015 - 01:17 AM

Damn, this article just got worse the more I read it. Reminds me of that Psyche case Genie ( http://psychology.ab...ogy/a/genie.htm ). Hopefully the parents get charged to the fullest extent.

EXACTLY...and you want to know a really bad part of this thing? As of this morning, before they got into the details from the parents (the parents had not been interrogated yet), all of the major news networks as well as the New York Times and Washington Post had the names and photos of these two girls plastered ALL OVER THE PLACE in online articles. All has since been redacted, but OMG, it was so not cool at all.

#4 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:03 AM

Well they are minors so I think it would be illegal for their personal information to be publicized without their parent's consent as with the murder of Linda Anderson.

#5 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2015 - 04:10 AM

This is really sad :/ and a lot of newspapers already published the names, I even found the facebook accounts of the parents and the two girls.

#6 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:34 AM

Oh. my. word.

I don't even know what to say. This is just horrific. 

Psychological abuse is a scary and evil thing. 

Hopefully they receive the help they need and may their brother rest in peace. Yikes. 

#7 MC10

MC10
  • 353 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:39 AM

That's scary...

Didn't expect to see Genie in the second post.

#8 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:40 AM

I actually don't think I can read the articles. 

#9 Chameleon

Chameleon
  • vampire or somesuch

• 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2015 - 11:19 AM

First off.  Florida.  Why does the really weird stuff always come from Florida?  

This is tragic and heartbreaking.  We'll probably never know the whole truth behind it, but who would really want to?

#10 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2015 - 12:34 PM

Also, Flordia Man threw his five year-old daughter off a bridge today. :(

#11 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2015 - 12:35 PM

Also, Flordia Man threw his five year-old daughter off a bridge today. :(

Yep. Makes me sick. 

#12 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2015 - 12:51 PM

Oh god, I'm in Florida right now -.-

There's twisted sickos everywhere...NO place is immune.

#13 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2015 - 01:10 PM

Oh god, I'm in Florida right now -.-

How do you think I feel? I grew up here :p 

There's twisted sickos everywhere...NO place is immune.

That is true. I also think that these girls need a lot of help, not necessarily jail time or a trial. It reminds me of battered person syndrome. Not saying it was right for her to kill her brother, but she may have been through so much mentally/emotionally/physically that she may have felt she had no other choice. 

#14 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2015 - 01:40 PM

That is true. I also think that these girls need a lot of help, not necessarily jail time or a trial. It reminds me of battered person syndrome. Not saying it was right for her to kill her brother, but she may have been through so much mentally/emotionally/physically that she may have felt she had no other choice. 

I agree...it's a very complex situation that's going to require special handling.

Glad that the 3-year-old is out of that entire mess of a parenting nightmare as well now.

#15 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2015 - 01:47 PM

Glad that the 3-year-old is out of that entire mess of a parenting nightmare as well now.

That's pretty much the only positive in that whole clusterfuck. God, what those girls must feel right now...

#16 Unmata

Unmata
  • 714 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:51 PM

Like Kord I usually try to avoid some of the general threads like this, and maybe because this one in particular is a trigger for me I should walk away -- but it's very, very hard to read this and not comment. The father says she was locked in a room for 20 days at the most, mother says 4. You can bet it was at least 20. At least.

We might never know the full extent of abuse suffered by this 15 year old girl, at the hands of her parents, at the hands of her teenage brother....Depending on the extent of abuse (which Im sure all 4 of their children were exposed to and experienced to different degrees) the 11 year old might be able to shed the most light on this family if her older sister wont.

Yes it's good that the 3 year old wont be raised in this toxic, warped environment any longer. She's actually probably the most vulnerable, as the ages between 3 months and 3 years are the most influential (in terms of forming healthy attachments to her parents, parental sensitivity) and sets tones that she may struggle with for the rest of her life. She has no other experiences to draw from, this is what makes my skin crawl. You have a little human who is navigating her environment and learning about the world like any other toddler but all of the input she's getting is fucked up. Fucked Up.

Two adults that fucking bred and messed up as much as they could in their 4 children. 1 is dead, 2 have been charged with premeditated murder and 1 is in the care of the government. 

#17 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2015 - 04:31 PM

Two adults that fucking bred and messed up as much as they could in their 4 children. 1 is dead, 2 have been charged with premeditated murder and 1 is in the care of the government. 

This really makes me wonder why some people bother to breed at all...you summed up a lot with this closing sentence.

#18 Unmata

Unmata
  • 714 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:11 PM

wow and this story just gets worse the more I read. I can't even put into words right now. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users