Free Steam Games?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:47 AM

Hey everyone! I was wondering - are there any worthwhile games in the Steam library that are free? What are your favorites?

Thanks!

#2 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:51 AM

Planetside 2 and Dota 2

#3 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:50 AM

Making tea

#4 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:09 AM

Making tea

Two can play that game, lol

Attached File  image.jpg   34.44KB   0 downloads

#5 DonValentino

DonValentino

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:28 AM

But for real, Firefall. Pretty fun online multiplayer with borderland style graphics

#6 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:28 AM

Thanks guys! I'll check these out. Keep the suggestions coming if there're any others that you like :)

Also @Drakonid and @DonValentino - are these only multiplayer or is there a single player component to these games?

Edited by CaptainDantes, 12 January 2015 - 11:30 AM.

#7 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:40 AM

Marvel Heroes 2015 ^_^

Edited by DawnKnight, 12 January 2015 - 11:41 AM.

#8 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:42 AM

Thanks guys! I'll check these out. Keep the suggestions coming if there're any others that you like :)

Also @Drakonid and @DonValentino - are these only multiplayer or is there a single player component to these games?

You can play dota vs bots, but it's not as fun.

Planetside is 100% multiplayer(except for the tutorial)

#9 DonValentino

DonValentino

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:43 AM

Technically just multiplayer, but there are a lot of things you can do by yourself in the game. There are world events that people will join you in doing that you can't do by yourself, but it can be pretty solitary if you want.

#10 pietro

pietro
  • 50 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:13 PM

It's an extremely short game but I really like COIL http://store.steampo....com/app/31500/

It's pretty, and sad.

Edited by pietro, 12 January 2015 - 01:13 PM.

#11 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:29 AM

There's sites that give away keys to game, as promotional offers to joining their sites, if you're interested in those, reddit usually posts links, or you can find them on your own. I've gotten well over 200$ worth of games this way

#12 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:41 PM

There's sites that give away keys to game, as promotional offers to joining their sites, if you're interested in those, reddit usually posts links, or you can find them on your own. I've gotten well over 200$ worth of games this way

Speaking of.. I KNOW it's Origin, for some reason, people HATE it lol but hey, the games are free ;) This time around, they're giving away a copy of Theme Hospital. I remember playing this in school xD

https://www.origin.c...es/on-the-house

#13 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:45 PM

Speaking of.. I KNOW it's Origin, for some reason, people HATE it lol but hey, the games are free ;) This time around, they're giving away a copy of Theme Hospital. I remember playing this in school xD

https://www.origin.c...es/on-the-house

I saw this on FB earlier today. I think it was PC Gamer that posted?

I still have the CD, I used to play this game a lot. I didn't understand anything because I knew too little English back then, but I was good at it for some reason :p

Proof:
SLAa8V3.jpg

#14 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:48 PM

I saw this on FB earlier today. I think it was PC Gamer that posted?

I still have the CD, I used to play this game a lot. I didn't understand anything because I knew too little English back then, but I was good at it for some reason :p

Yup, precisely where I heard about it too :D PC Gamer are a good page to subscribe to on FB as they regularly post game giveaways/Steam Keys

#15 Leeroy

Leeroy
  • 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2015 - 07:36 AM

Most of the time, games in steam cost a bit of buck or free to play have in game purchases. however 

for free to play on steam, dota 2 (MOBA) , team fortress 2 (FPS), warframe (grindy FPS RPG), Planetside 2 (FPS MMO) 

i played a bit of the mighty quest for epic loot, but it has become pay to win soon.

but u should check out humble bundle for bundle sales at time. there are some quality games floating around, 

easiest option is to check out what genre you prefer and hope for steam 80% sales on them =] (for those that's not fps)

#16 LittleBambi

LittleBambi
  • 128 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2015 - 08:56 AM

If you like platformers, try Color Symphony and You Have To Win The Game. Color Symphony seems really easy at the beginning, but it gets harder the more you move on. Sometimes you really need to think hard to find the right solution to get to the gate. And you need quick reflexes and a good memory in order to get some colors right. This seems really vague, but I can't really find a way to explain it ^^' In my opinion it's a fun free game : )

Then yhtwtg. If you like retro platform games, this might be up your alley. But don't let the graphics fool you, it's haaaaard and prepare to die like a million times!

There's also this little 'game' called Floating Point; it's extremely relaxing ^^ It's one of those games where it's not about winning, but just experiencing it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users