• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#26 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3,638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:08 PM

Yes. With a physicist, electronic engineer, ambiental engineer and a geographer.

We eagerly await the groundbreaking results of your research!

#27 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,915 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:25 PM

@ortin

I didn't want this to turn into a research session for me.  It's beyond my field of expertise, but all scientific claims should be met with skepticism.  To say climate change is directly due (Meaning 100%, no help from any outside source) is most likely false.  With most things in life, the reality is likely in the middle (Natural + Man Made).  You are playing with an off-on light switch when in reality you need a dimmer switch. 

I didn't mean that 100% of all climate change is caused by humans. I meant that humans are definitely causing a historical anomaly regarding climate change in the world, and that we caused and continue to cause a great deal of ecological damage. 

#28 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1,719 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:30 PM

We eagerly await the groundbreaking results of your research!

Psst, I was joking. But if you do some research on the internet you'll find some pretty good articles

#29 Swar

Swar
  • com muito orgulho, com muito amor <3

• 9,100 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:30 PM

Let's just blame cow farts for all of this and we're good.

#30 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,915 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:53 PM

Let's just blame cow farts for all of this and we're good.

Cow farts are releasing huge amounts of methane into the atmosphere :p And guess who mass breeded cows? Humans :/

#31 Swar

Swar
  • com muito orgulho, com muito amor <3

• 9,100 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:56 PM

Cow farts are releasing huge amounts of methane into the atmosphere :p And guess who mass breeded cows? Humans :/

I know that :p What I'm saying is, since part of it is their fault, let's just blame them for everything!

#32 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2,462 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2015 - 07:41 PM

Guess it's settled now huh?

http://news.sciencem...e-real-not-hoax

#33 Jess

Jess
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9,217 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:42 AM

Guess it's settled now huh?

http://news.sciencem...e-real-not-hoax

Is this how we determine if things are real now? We're fucked.

#34 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16,889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:46 AM

Not really, if we listen to people like you who have no experience or qualficiations (ie someone who who doesn't know what they're talking about), then we're fucked.

Government just takes extra long time to agree on the basics and don was being facetious.

#35 Jess

Jess
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9,217 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:53 AM

Not really, I we listen to people like you who have no experience or qualficiations (ie someone who who doesn't know what they're talking about), then we're fucked.

Government just takes extra long time to agree on the basics and don was being facetious.

You mean scientists? Because it seems like people knew that climate change was real for a long time before this happened... They didn't used uninformed people to determine that, scientists use science.
This kind of decision is something that the government shouldn't be part of anyway in my opinion.

#36 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16,889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:06 AM

This is why we shouldn't listen to you, thats a stupid opinion.

#37 Jess

Jess
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9,217 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:09 AM

Why?

#38 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16,889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:26 AM

Because a government organises scientific studies, fundings and oversight. They enforce/write and enforce cultural change, and encourage public funding.

To say that they shouldn't be involved means you're perfectly fine for only private sector organisations to be involved in scientific endeavours. Which is either ignorant or idiotic.

#39 Jess

Jess
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9,217 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:01 AM

Because a government organises scientific studies, fundings and oversight. They enforce/write and enforce cultural change, and encourage public funding.

To say that they shouldn't be involved means you're perfectly fine for only private sector organisations to be involved in scientific endeavours. Which is either ignorant or idiotic.

I'm perfectly fine with all that, government and private sector together... for the most part. I wish it were more evenly balanced between private and government. 

I was actually talking on a more small scale vs your big scale though, I see no need for an amendment to be made stating that. It's a waste of time, money, and energy that could be spent somewhere else.

Also, I changed my user title to "ignorant idiot" so you can quit calling/insinuating that about me. Thanks.

#40 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16,889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:30 AM

You see no necessity for a leading cause of climate change (ie the U.S. government) to admit that it's an issue? Since it seems to be the vast majority or climate change deniers to be American?

I'll point out the definitions of ignorant and idiotic-

Ignorance is a state of being uninformed (lack of knowledge).The word ignorant is an adjective describing a person in the state of being unaware.

Idiotic
adj.
1. Showing foolishness or stupidity.
2. Exhibiting profound mental retardation. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.

If you continue to make comments that are ignorant and idiotic, don't be suprised when you're called out on them. If you're easily offended and sensitive, I suggest you refrain from making statements on which you're not educated.

#41 Jess

Jess
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9,217 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:46 AM

You see no necessity for a leading cause of climate change (ie the U.S. government) to admit that it's an issue? Since it seems to be the vast majority or climate change deniers to be American?

I'll point out the definitions of ignorant and idiotic-

Ignorance is a state of being uninformed (lack of knowledge).The word ignorant is an adjective describing a person in the state of being unaware.

Idiotic
adj.
1. Showing foolishness or stupidity.
2. Exhibiting profound mental retardation. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.

If you continue to make comments that are ignorant and idiotic, don't be suprised when you're called out on them. If you're easily offended and sensitive, I suggest you refrain from making statements on which you're not educated.

Thanks for the definitions. I'm not "surprised". Maybe you should look up the definition for that while you're in the dictionary, because it doesn't fit what I'm portraying at all. I think it's interesting how you can tell when other people are being facetious and feel like you need to point it out to me like I'm a moron, but can't tell when I'm being facetious.

Anyway,
It's neat and all that they did that. Again, it's a complete and total waste of time, money and resources. The Supreme Court declared tomatoes to be vegetables, despite them being botanically fruits. And it doesn't stop anyone from calling them one or the other.

Did you even read the article or the links in the article? The amendment in question doesn't admit it's an issue. It literally just says it exists. Ok, they'll do something about it someday. THAT is something worth spending time and money on. THIS is not.

S.AMDT.29 
Amends: S.1 , S.AMDT.2 
Sponsor: Sen Whitehouse, Sheldon [RI] (submitted 1/13/2015) (proposed 1/20/2015)

AMENDMENT PURPOSE:
To express the sense of the Senate that climate change is real and not a hoax.

TEXT OF AMENDMENT AS SUBMITTED: CR S216

1/20/2015: Amendment SA 29 proposed by Senator Whitehouse to Amendment SA 2. (consideration: CR S270-272; text: CR S271) 1/21/2015: Considered by Senate. (consideration: CR S311, S325-326, S330) 1/21/2015: Amendment SA 29, under the order of 1/21/15, having achieved 60 votes in the affirmative, was agreed to in Senate by Yea-Nay Vote. 98 - 1. Record Vote Number: 10.

COSPONSORS(4):

Sen Sanders, Bernard [VT] - 1/20/2015 
Sen Manchin, Joe, III [WV] - 1/21/2015 
Sen Leahy, Patrick J. [VT] - 1/21/2015 
Sen Inhofe, James M. [OK] - 1/21/2015

#42 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16,889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2015 - 01:54 PM

Just FYI, there is a difference between facetious and sarcasm.

I'm not sure you appreciate the enormity of the U.S. government, it's not like they suspended social welfare, public services and postponed a war to chair this meeting which put into motions the start of tackling climate change. This is a huge deal and generally a positive thing, I'm not surprised you're so cynical. Seems the U.S. government can't win over all the people.

#43 Jess

Jess
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9,217 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:04 PM

Yes, I'm aware. What's your point?

They still got paid to literally sit there and say something we all already know. They could've spent their time elsewhere.

#44 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16,889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:14 PM

That your usage of facetious was incorrect in this context.

They've merely codified and clarified the governments posion on an area of debate. I fail to see an issue, because government isn't about either or situations. It's not like government took a day off purely for this meeting.

#45 Jess

Jess
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9,217 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:16 PM

ok

#46 les

les
  • 101 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:07 PM

Do the research and you will find that global warming is a hoax.  The earth has been in a 15 year long cooling period.  UN data supports this.  Youtube it. You will find out the truth.  This whole scam was created at the agenda 21 meetings in brazil as a new way to tax everyone.  Carbon taxes collected will only be added to the coffers of incompetent governments (like the US which is 17 trillion dollars in debt ... yikes)

#47 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4,359 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:11 PM

Do the research and you will find that global warming is a hoax.  The earth has been in a 15 year long cooling period.  UN data supports this.  Youtube it. You will find out the truth.  This whole scam was created at the agenda 21 meetings in brazil as a new way to tax everyone.  Carbon taxes collected will only be added to the coffers of incompetent governments (like the US which is 17 trillion dollars in debt ... yikes)

It would be best to include some sauces (sources) to backup your claim. Statements without a credible source to back it up usually paints a giant target on the posters back.

#48 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,915 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:20 PM

Well, EVEN if you are right (you aren't), at least the world would be a better and safer place by reducing emissions *shrugs*

#49 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,915 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:52 PM

Relevant and humorous video about climate change:

#50 NeoVix

NeoVix
  • 152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:44 AM

I must be one of the stupid ones, as I don't believe that humans are causing the climate to change at all.

We may be contributing slightly to it, but nowhere near the scale that we are told.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users