19 replies to this topic

#1 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:10 PM

Hey guys,

Quick announcement to let you all know that there is a new update to Abrosia (all be it only a small one) that allows you to turn off/disable the Check for RS Ban function.

This was added in by @ShadowLink64 after a few users were having issues with the false RS Bans coming up and stopping Abrosia (when there actually wasn't an RS ban, it's just the way TNT changed the stock clearing in all shops that played havoc with the AB'er).

So yeah, you can find this option under the Main Shop Settings tab in Abrosia.

sOgUwlT.png

So yeah, stop, shutdown and then restart the program manager to receive this update :D

Thanks again to SL64!!

#2 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:26 PM

Just make sure to BE CAREFUL if you disable RS ban checks, because if you refresh for a long time while actually being RS banned, you can get iced for it. 

This, definitely :) Thanks @ortin

#3 Peaches

Peaches
  • 497 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:13 PM

If I wasn't a scaredy cat I'd check this box  :lol:

Thanks for implementing it though.

#4 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:47 PM

Thanks, Strat! Can't say I have the lady balls to use this option on my account but I'm glad it's there just in case.

#5 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2015 - 03:51 AM

Great! Thanks, Strategist.

#6 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:14 AM

THANK YOU!

It was the first thing I asked for, back when they did all of the changes to RSing.

Edited by Megazord, 16 January 2015 - 10:15 AM.

#7 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2015 - 05:04 AM

I'm too chicken for this but thanks!

#8 w0nderwall

w0nderwall
  • 568 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:44 AM

I restock while at the computer and manually check for restock bans myself, so this is PERFECT. Thank you. :D

#9 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:55 AM

@tom12

@Loccy

#10 tom12

tom12
  • 127 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:28 AM

Thanks Strat.

#11 RedLoveBlackHeart

RedLoveBlackHeart
  • 265 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:02 PM

Who can get iced the quickest?! On your marks... get set... FREEZE!!!

#12 Branlaur

Branlaur
  • 907 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:40 PM

Thank you for this, but just something else I feel Abrosia could use (instead of this) would be to check many different shops in a short interval to see if any have items, if they do it'll continue to run and if not then it'll be RS banned.

Basically, have a way for Abrosia to look at almost all of the shops to see if they have items or not, if they don't then it is a RS ban. Since this you may get RS banned without knowing it, then frozen for refreshing for a long time when RS banned

#13 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2015 - 10:07 PM

Thank you for this, but just something else I feel Abrosia could use (instead of this) would be to check many different shops in a short interval to see if any have items, if they do it'll continue to run and if not then it'll be RS banned.

Basically, have a way for Abrosia to look at almost all of the shops to see if they have items or not, if they don't then it is a RS ban. Since this you may get RS banned without knowing it, then frozen for refreshing for a long time when RS banned

Thats what it used to do ;) Then TNT changed the way restocks occur and they started auto clearing most shops at the same time, so our 'old' method wasn't as effective and started throwing false RS bans, hence why we added in this optional change.

#14 Branlaur

Branlaur
  • 907 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2015 - 10:32 PM

Thats what it used to do ;) Then TNT changed the way restocks occur and they started auto clearing most shops at the same time, so our 'old' method wasn't as effective and started throwing false RS bans, hence why we added in this optional change.

? I thought the old method was that if the shop you were in didn't have items for a while it would stop. Didn't know it actually checked like all of the shops. Maybe it could also spend 10 minutes seeking a shop with items to see if it's RS banned or not.

#15 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:51 PM

? I thought the old method was that if the shop you were in didn't have items for a while it would stop. Didn't know it actually checked like all of the shops. Maybe it could also spend 10 minutes seeking a shop with items to see if it's RS banned or not.

After the restock system changed, Abrosia was changed to check a few shops to see if the user was RS banned or his shop was just cleard. It didn't work out well, so they changed it again to was it is now.

#16 Branlaur

Branlaur
  • 907 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:22 PM

After the restock system changed, Abrosia was changed to check a few shops to see if the user was RS banned or his shop was just cleard. It didn't work out well, so they changed it again to was it is now.

Ah okay, didn't know that it was already attempted to fix that problem. I haven't tried out Abrosia until after the RS system was changed.

#17 Demesne

Demesne
  • 121 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2015 - 04:54 AM

@Strategist

Can't you make this available for people who use lists?

Great work btw!

Edited by Demesne, 03 April 2015 - 04:56 AM.

#18 VaultBoy

VaultBoy
  • 215 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:08 AM

So what if you really have a ban and you check the bypass box? What would happen?

#19 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:13 AM

So what if you really have a ban and you check the bypass box? What would happen?

You'd keep attempting to RS and get iced

#20 VaultBoy

VaultBoy
  • 215 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:58 AM

You'd keep attempting to RS and get iced

I see... thanks  :excl:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users