Quantcast

Photo

Best series you've ever watched?/Favorite series?

idk

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#26 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:41 PM

Oh, I forgot about TWD and Breaking Bad.

Also, South Park, Revenge, Orange is the New Black, Mad Men (maybe cause I'm an advertising nerd), Criminal Minds.

FUCK...how could I forget South Park?!? That's a fave of mine, too. :)

I know that I mentioned The Sopranos earlier, and that @ Frizzle commented that it ended long ago, but I don't care in that regard: there are very few and far between series that I like, and even though The Sopranos ended as in "being live", I sincerely find it to be one of the few that will live long past its expiration date. ;)

#27 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2015 - 12:53 PM

Things to avoid: american horror story after season 2 and Dexter.

Dexter is watchable for the first few seasons

#28 vay

vay
  • 105 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2015 - 01:11 PM

I likely won't be getting out much, as I hear there's soo many great series to watch. I'm gonna start out with breaking bad, friends, how I met your mother, and probably south park. I'm officially pretty darn excited ! :)

#29 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:08 PM

The Office
Breaking Bad
FUTURAMA!

#30 Hopeless

Hopeless
  • 184 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2015 - 11:52 PM

@Amadeus, @ Frizzle , @Megazord - I would consider both of the Avatar series a couple of my all-time favorite shows. I honestly can't choose a favorite - Aang and Korra both have their merits and so did each of the shows. The animation, the storylines, the simple-but-powerful character development... I know the creators keep talking about it like the Avatar universe is over now, but I'm still hoping they put out another series. 

I'm a huge sucker for Futurama, too. :D

#31 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2015 - 02:12 PM

@Amadeus, @ Frizzle , @Megazord - I would consider both of the Avatar series a couple of my all-time favorite shows. I honestly can't choose a favorite - Aang and Korra both have their merits and so did each of the shows. The animation, the storylines, the simple-but-powerful character development... I know the creators keep talking about it like the Avatar universe is over now, but I'm still hoping they put out another series. 
I'm a huge sucker for Futurama, too. :D

I would have to say I like Korra more. Although I loved Aang. Korra speaks to me more with the spirit world opened up.

@Hopeless

#32 Hopeless

Hopeless
  • 184 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2015 - 08:17 PM

I would have to say I like Korra more. Although I loved Aang. Korra speaks to me more with the spirit world opened up.

@Hopeless

I feel ya, I also personally related more to Korra, but still loved Aang. :)

Edited by Hopeless, 05 February 2015 - 09:07 PM.

#33 jorrakay

jorrakay
  • 7 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:04 PM

Cowboy Bebop has got to be in my top 5. Firefly too

Kinda hard to narrow it down though. Star Trek TNG is good

OH I really liked Lost even though it got pretty campy in the end.

#34 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:19 PM

Oh, I forgot about TWD and Breaking Bad.

Also, South Park, Revenge, Orange is the New Black, Mad Men (maybe cause I'm an advertising nerd), Criminal Minds.

This is why we're friends

#35 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:19 AM

I normally don't watch TV, but when I do, I like to watch TWD and South Park. I've started watching GoT and I'm liking it so far.

#36 Gnome

Gnome
  • Alpha As Fuck

• 1054 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:40 AM

Survivor ( Cagayan is one of the best seasons out and it's the 2nd to last one, if you have Hulu or Amazon prime watch China or Gabon to get into it), Shameless ( US Version not UK Version), Fullmetal Alchemist : Brotherhood (Amazing), Naruto ( The fans made a Kai version without all the fillers and flashbacks which reduces the episodes significantly), FLCL, Lost, Heroes (Season 1 ... it's brilliant television), Glee ( season 1 and nothing after ), Attack on Titan. 

I really suggest Survivor: Cagayan and Shameless out of the list. Shameless is probably the best television show out on TV right now but it has to be the US version. 

#37 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:58 PM

WATCH PEAKY BLINDERS. YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT. 

#38 LittleBambi

LittleBambi
  • 128 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:54 AM

I like Vikings a lot currently : D Only been able to watch 4 episodes though. I'm also pretty into Suits lately.

I used to watch and love Glee, but it's become far too ridiculous to me.

#39 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:20 AM

I just started watching Wilfred and it's fucking hilarious. I've never laughed so consistently during a series.

#40 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:25 AM

I started watching Forever. Should make it into a drinking game to take a drink each time he dies :p

#41 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:52 AM

scrubs scrubs scrubs scrubs scrubs scrubs scrubs. that's the exact amount of how many times i've watched the series. 

planning on watching archer, breaking bad and parks & rec because they look good. i'd really like to see more sci-fi series. 

#42 Eggie

Eggie
  • 317 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2015 - 07:47 AM

Trailer Park Boys. I have never laughed so hard at a show in my life.

#43 LittleBambi

LittleBambi
  • 128 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2015 - 03:42 PM

The Flash! I was a bit sceptic at first, although I love Grant Gustin, because I'm more of a Marvel fangirl (I don't know a lot about the comics though, so I guess I should say that I'm a cinematic verse Marvel fangirl) and because in the first trailers not all the special effects seemed that good, but man was I wrong. In a few days time I've watched all the episodes so far because it's that good. It has all the elements that make a good series for me. And the mystery in it drives me insane. In a good way.

Plus, thanks to The Flash I think I want to check Arrow out now as well.

#44 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2015 - 03:48 PM

The Flash! I was a bit sceptic at first, although I love Grant Gustin, because I'm more of a Marvel fangirl (I don't know a lot about the comics though, so I guess I should say that I'm a cinematic verse Marvel fangirl) and because in the first trailers not all the special effects seemed that good, but man was I wrong. In a few days time I've watched all the episodes so far because it's that good. It has all the elements that make a good series for me. And the mystery in it drives me insane. In a good way.

Oh, The Flash is so great :D I thought I was the only one who liked it here.

#45 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2015 - 03:54 PM

Oh, The Flash is so great :D I thought I was the only one who liked it here.

Arrow > Flash

#46 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2015 - 04:01 PM

Arrow > Flash

Well, they are really different, so the comparison is based on what kind of series you like to watch. I think Arrow is too serious, not really what I like, therefore I prefer The Flash, but I don't think The Flash is better than Arrow :)

#47 Goblinoid

Goblinoid
  • 120 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2015 - 05:15 AM

Oh, if you like Flash you should most definitely check out Arrow. There are a couple Arrow-Flash crossover episodes in Season 3 that are absolutely great, and should definitely be watched back-to-back.

I really love both shows, though as Swarley said, they are meant to be different... Flash is generally more lighthearted and superpower/comic-y, and Arrow is darker/grittier. I think I like Arrow a bit better, just because there are more characters I really like on Arrow, but both are excellent- it just depends on taste!

Edited by Goblinoid, 16 March 2015 - 05:17 AM.

#48 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:12 PM

Grace and Frankie. It's hilarious and it's a netflix original.  Watch it! 

#49 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2015 - 05:04 PM

Daredevil. Cannot recommend it enough. ESPECIALLY if you're a fan of Arrow (Daredevil > Arrow > Flash > iZombie > Agents of SHIELD).

Batman The Animated Series - 90s cartoon but really good. Pretty true to the spirit of the comics, and without this series there may never have been a Harley Quinn (first appeared in TAS then first comic appearance was Batman Adventures #12.)

Recently got hooked on Falling Skies - four seasons to catch up on and the fifth, final season begins in June.

Cannot recommend Orphan Black enough.

And if you like Doctor Who then you're bound to love Red Dwarf, a British scifi comedy (so good it was revived 9 years after the last season ended with two more new seasons coming out over the next couple of years.)

Continuum

Defiance

thumbsup2.gif thumbsup2.gif

Can't go wrong with MythBusters - entertaining, interesting, and even a smidge educational. Really love their themed episodes that tests the science of movies and tv (The Simpsons, Star Wars, The Walking Dead, etc.) but they're all quite enjoyable.

And while I can't personally recommend them yet (have it on queue for my post Falling Skies binge), I have heard excellent things about Elementary and The 100.

Edited by Alexiel, 19 May 2015 - 05:05 PM.

#50 Goblinoid

Goblinoid
  • 120 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2015 - 05:53 PM

Random thoughtstream:

The second season of Agents of SHIELD was effing amazing, and I heartily recommend it to anyone who might have (understandably) given up on it in the first season. Trust me. It is worth it; the improvement it has undergone since the first few episodes aired is staggering. I can safely say it's probably my favourite of any show I've watched, ever, since Buffy/Angel. 

Also been watching The Flash and Arrow lately. Arrow was... really meh this last season. If it doesn't show signs of improvement next season, I'll be dropping it from my watchlist.

On the other hand, I'm looking forward to watching the season finale of Flash once I get a chance. thumbsup2.gif

Now that SHIELD is on break between seasons (*cry*), the bf and I have started watching Battlestar Galactica. We've only watched the pilot movie + the first two episodes, but it's been really good so far. The pilot movie was excellent in ways I honestly wasn't expecting - it captures the harsh decisions of war in a way that actually feels gritty and realistic (despite, of course, being set in a futuristic setting with cyborgs). Unfortunately a good-quality version seems to be difficult to find online, but we were lucky enough to have a friend we borrowed the DVD version from.

@Alexiel, Daredevil is another series I want to start watching once I get the time.  :D

Edited by Goblinoid, 19 May 2015 - 05:53 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: idk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users