Quantcast

Photo

Minecraft Survival Maps: Which is your favorite?

38 replies to this topic

#1 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:17 PM

I've just recently become extremely hooked on playing Minecraft Survival maps...for now, I've mainly dabbled with:

However, the following look interesting as well:

What are your thoughts on such maps...have you played any of these, or do you have favorites that you recommend?

hqdefault.jpg

#2 Chameleon

Chameleon
  • vampire or somesuch

• 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:33 PM

As you know, I'm currently working on Skyblock 1.1.  It's definitely a challenge, and I'm having to do things I don't normally do starting a game.  But I miss lot of things: animals, mining, etc.  So I'm not sure on my thoughts on it yet.  Will be trying 2.1 next for sure.

#3 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:35 PM

As you know, I'm currently working on Skyblock 1.1.  It's definitely a challenge, and I'm having to do things I don't normally do starting a game.  But I miss lot of things: animals, mining, etc.  So I'm not sure on my thoughts on it yet.  Will be trying 2.1 next for sure.

I hear that OceanBlock pretty much REQUIRES tons of mining; I'm definitely interested in checking that one out at some point.

#4 Branlaur

Branlaur
  • 907 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:32 PM

I found Captive minecraft to be interesting, along with ant farm survival (and extreme ant farm survival) The ant farm survival maps were definitely challenging but fun

#5 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:34 PM

I found Captive minecraft to be interesting, along with ant farm survival (and extreme ant farm survival) The ant farm survival maps were definitely challenging but fun

Interesting, thank you! I hadn't run across anything about that one yet! I'll defs have to check it out.

#6 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:37 PM

Captive Minecraft looks/sounds amazing! http://www.planetmin...minecraft-beta/

Check the link for those who don't know about it :D

#7 Branlaur

Branlaur
  • 907 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:38 PM

No problem, you probably should. The ant farm maps are a bit older, but still really fun/good/hard survival maps. Captive minecraft is also a load of fun

#8 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:42 PM

Captive Minecraft looks/sounds amazing! http://www.planetmin...minecraft-beta/

Check the link for those who don't know about it :D

Thank you for posting that, and thanks tons @tinfoot for mentioning it. :) At the risk of sounding like a fucking dork, Strat, I didn't post links to the previous ones I mentioned, because I didn't know if it was allowed or not. Is it cool to do so?

#9 Branlaur

Branlaur
  • 907 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:46 PM

No problem, I don't know if links to other websites are allowed either. I'm new to these forums

#10 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:48 PM

Yeah you may post links for sure! It's only really competing sites we disallow the direct linking to ;)

#11 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:50 PM

Yeah you may post links for sure! It's only really competing sites we disallow the direct linking to ;)

SWEET! Thank you for the clarification, I appreciate it. I'm going to add links to my original post shortly (after I get off of a phone call...generally typing and talking are mutually exclusive events for me). :p

#12 Branlaur

Branlaur
  • 907 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:56 PM

Ah okay, did'nt know that. SO just not websites to like other neopets cheating websites

#13 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:03 PM

Ah okay, did'nt know that. SO just not websites to like other neopets cheating websites

Exactly :)

#14 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:16 PM

I just woke up in the middle of my sleep as usual, and came here for a quick visit; I couldn't ignore this post without sharing one of my favorite survival maps ever -- and I've played A LOT.

I present you "World in a Jar":
http://minecraft-for...d/#.VL9DuiNTvqA

#15 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:44 PM

I just woke up in the middle of my sleep as usual, and came here for a quick visit; I couldn't ignore this post without sharing one of my favorite survival maps ever -- and I've played A LOT.

That looks really cool as well! Hot damn! I've been missing out :o

#16 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:46 PM

DAMN, too may cool things!!!!! I have to go to bed in a short bit, but I feel like I'm just learning Minecraft from scratch now, there is so much awesomeness abounding!

#17 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:50 PM

That looks really cool as well! Hot damn! I've been missing out :o

It is awesome :D It's kinda like SkyBlock, with limited space and some goals to achieve.

DAMN, too may cool things!!!!! I have to go to bed in a short bit, but I feel like I'm just learning Minecraft from scratch now, there is so much awesomeness abounding!

I used to play tons of Survival Maps, it's so much fun :D Some Adventure maps are equally awesome, but my favorite kind is the puzzle genre.

#18 Branlaur

Branlaur
  • 907 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:58 PM

I know, the minecraft community is amazing in the sense of how much work and effort people put into making these amazing maps. Can't even imagine how long it took someone to make some of those adventure maps, or how long it took for people to think of the challenges and ideas for maps like skyblock/captive mineraft etc.

#19 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:03 PM

I know, the minecraft community is amazing in the sense of how much work and effort people put into making these amazing maps. Can't even imagine how long it took someone to make some of those adventure maps, or how long it took for people to think of the challenges and ideas for maps like skyblock/captive mineraft etc.

I know, right? For such a 'simple' game (simple in terms of the general idea of the game) it's amazing seeing what creations and contraptions people can conjure up. There is just so much to do and to keep users captivated in the game. I don't know why more people here don't get into it xD

#20 Chameleon

Chameleon
  • vampire or somesuch

• 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:03 PM

Hi @tinfoot always great to have another Minecraft player around!

They all look fun to me!

#21 Branlaur

Branlaur
  • 907 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:07 PM

I know, I can't even wrap my head around how all those command blocks work. I can kind've understand the logic behind redstone, but command blocks are way too complicated for me. Excpet for doing something like "kill" "say" "time set day" etc.

#22 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:09 PM

I know, I can't even wrap my head around how all those command blocks work. I can kind've understand the logic behind redstone, but command blocks are way too complicated for me. Excpet for doing something like "kill" "say" "time set day" etc.

Once you get your head around the various commands and things, it becomes second nature. I have learned so much just from our server here at Neocodex. In fact, I have used multiple command block setups for our various competitions going on :)

#23 Branlaur

Branlaur
  • 907 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:12 PM

Huh, like I guess once you know all the commands and how to use it it becomes a lot easier, but learning/memorizing the commands must be so painstakingly long. Making your first big creation from command blocks must take forever since you probably would need to constantly look up the many different commands just to do something.

#24 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:14 PM

The command blocks are such an amazing feature of MC! With the lately new commands, some awesome "vanilla mods" have been made.

#25 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:14 PM

Indeed, the creativity behind this stuff is just amazing...I love it all. :)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users