Quantcast

Photo

Customization Contest [#17] - VOTING!

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Poll: VOTING

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Which entry did you like the most?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:48 AM

Customization Contest [#17]

Theme: WARRIORS

From swords and shields to blaster and lasers. Just make sure your custom is a warrior that will forever be legen, wait for it, 

Spoiler

Voting ends: 11:59 NST [24JAN15]

Entry #1

http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/832699

Spoiler

Entry #2

Spoiler

Entry #3

http://impress.openn...tfits/832756 (;

Spoiler

Entry #4

http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/832928

Spoiler

Entry #5

http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/358272

Spoiler

Entry #6

http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/833190

Spoiler

Entry #7

Spoiler

Entry #8

Spoiler

Entry #9

http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/833266

Spoiler

Entry #10

Spoiler

Entry #11

http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/833186

Spoiler

Entry #12

Spoiler

Prizes
1ST.thumb_packages-0883974001343793150.png (donated by @Lucian)

2ND.gifts.png$5 Voucher for the Neocodex Store(donated by @Kord)

Award
The first place winner will receive this exclusive award: uAS02nV.png

Edited by Lucian, 22 January 2015 - 12:43 PM.

#2 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:04 AM

i love #7 this much *extend hands expansively*

#3 w0nderwall

w0nderwall
  • 568 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:47 AM

Wow, these are all awesome. *-*

#4 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:44 AM

Some really nice entries this week! I feel like the first one is one of Thor's buddies

@Lucian Sorry for the nitpick, but the images look way, way better if you take a screen shot rather than using the image that DTI provides.

#5 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:04 AM

So many entries. I for some reason feel very partial to #11 :3

Some really nice entries this week! I feel like the first one is one of Thor's buddies

@Lucian Sorry for the nitpick, but the images look way, way better if you take a screen shot rather than using the image that DTI provides.

DTI let's us click and view the actual customization in case someone wants use some of the stuff used. It'd be annoying if someone asked for every item in an entry XD (ex; I want #7's clothing and #11's foreground) 
We suffer in pixels for each other. The love is real XD

#6 Cloud9

Cloud9
  • 168 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2015 - 10:02 AM

Lol the Thor one got my vote. xD

#7 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2015 - 10:08 AM

I think two or three votes people person would be better than one since there are a lot of options.

#8 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2015 - 10:43 AM

DTI let's us click and view the actual customization in case someone wants use some of the stuff used. It'd be annoying if someone asked for every item in an entry XD (ex; I want #7's clothing and #11's foreground) 

We suffer in pixels for each other. The love is real XD

100% agree with Chappy. I'm not sure if this stopped or not, but usually the hoster links the all the image to the DTI page that people sent in so that we can see the full animations and quality of items. I feel like 3, 4, 9, 11, and 12 needs that extra link so that the entries can be fully appreciated.

#9 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2015 - 10:46 AM

so many great entries! it was hard to choose, but I went with #10! Good luck all

#10 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:00 PM

Loving 12, it goes a slightly different path from the others. Great job all!

#11 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:01 PM

@Chappy @Kelvin What if I told you we can have pretty images and links?

Spoiler

#12 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:13 PM

@Chappy @Kelvin What if I told you we can have pretty images and links?

Spoiler

I'm so tired of Frozen.

#13 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:29 PM

@Megazord me too, but it was on the front page of DTI, so on it went! *lazy*

#14 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:32 PM

@Megazord me too, but it was on the front page of DTI, so on it went! *lazy*

I don't even know what DTI is.

#15 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:34 PM

I don't even know what DTI is.

Dress to Impress is for previewing Neopets customizations

#16 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:42 PM

Added links to each entry the has an animation! Feel free to reconsider your previous votes if you want to!

#17 arcanum

arcanum
  • 1748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2015 - 01:31 PM

Taking screenshots of every single entry (esp when there are this many entries) is such an unnecessary headache for the host of the contest IMO. That is why I didn't do it in the past when I hosted. Screw that. xD

VOTED FOR THOR!!! :wub:  I really liked the entry before it, but... I mean... it's Thor.

#18 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2015 - 01:32 PM

Not to mention it actually looks like thor. xD

#19 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2015 - 01:49 PM

@arcanum I would expect the entrants to put forth the effort rather than the host. I've seen other customization contests where entrants were asked to provide a screenie and DTI link for the host. It went okay.

This contest is already underway, so there's not much to be done, but maybe a consideration for next week?

#20 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2015 - 01:51 PM

Can you explain why you think the image looks better as a screenshot? 

#21 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:03 PM

Some items don't show on the image provided by DTI.

#22 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:10 PM

@arcanum I would expect the entrants to put forth the effort rather than the host. I've seen other customization contests where entrants were asked to provide a screenie and DTI link for the host. It went okay.

This contest is already underway, so there's not much to be done, but maybe a consideration for next week?

Making entrants screenshot their entries has been done before with so many problems. Entries were different sizes, some actually have worse off quality and I remember someone actually cropped the image poorly. Believe it or not, making people screenshot their work adds more work to the hoster if there are problems with the image link, forcing the hoster to PM the person back and compromise the possibility of the entrant maybe changing their initial entry or worse: not reply at all. Linking the image to the original DTI link is the best midway to fix all possible solutions.

#23 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:52 PM

@Guppie I understand you'd like some glorious photos and as much as we'd like that it's just a hassle.

Gota risk the imgage for the sake of our sanity. There has been people here forever (definitely not me) and they for sure know that over trials and many contests that this way works best. Just imagine this as a tradition XDDD

#24 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:54 PM

Making entrants screenshot their entries has been done before with so many problems. Entries were different sizes, some actually have worse off quality and I remember someone actually cropped the image poorly. Believe it or not, making people screenshot their work adds more work to the hoster if there are problems with the image link, forcing the hoster to PM the person back and compromise the possibility of the entrant maybe changing their initial entry or worse: not reply at all. Linking the image to the original DTI link is the best midway to fix all possible solutions.

Even with just the links, it has some problems. When I hosted a CC (it was 14 I think), some of the links were broken, so I had a lot of problem.

But the links are still better.

#25 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:27 PM

@Lucian

Spoiler

@Swarley @Chappy @Kelvin You've made really good points. Much as I would like high quality images, having a functional contest definitely takes priority

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users