Quantcast

Photo

Am I overthinking social media and relationships?

kate nudes old relationship b/c she is old she might be younger than me but yolo

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#26 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:11 PM

Roy will understand ;3 He always understands

Which roy?

Mustang?

Smash?

Cus i think both can beat me up.

#27 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:01 PM

Roy. is Roy.

#28 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:04 PM

i have a tendency to post stupid stuff which ill regret later so i just stop using social media altogether.

i live in a conservative society tho. people dont really post intimate stuff in social media. its frowned upon.

#29 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:22 PM

Roy. is Roy.

Roy's our boy. Roy's our boy.

#30 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:18 PM

When I had a boyfriend I didn't post about him on social media. I just find it tacky. I would post pictures of us and I posted on his wall on his birthday but that's as far as that went. But the whole "I'm so happy you came into my life omg liv u so much #mcm #loveofmylife 5ever" is just way too high school. I've also noticed that after couples break up and they find a new person they go hardcore into the facebook love. I'm assuming it's because they know their ex is stalking their page and wants to floss.

#31 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:20 AM

"Oh I never post about my relationships online. It's tacky and I like to keep my private life private." Which is fine, I'm the same way.

Basically. As for people who choose to post everything all the time, that could be just how they roll. However, if somebody's doing a flip out of no where it's probably they've grown averse to the way things were in the past and this is their semi-tangible way of paving a new path? Either that or they recently had an experience or idea that changed their perspective which probably lead to the break up in the first place, so more like symptoms to a common root rather than cause and effect.

#32 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:57 AM

I stopped regularly using Facebook years ago and never got into Twitter. I'm kind of conservative (read that as slightly asocial) anyway; I never really posted much, so I wasn't about to post relationship stuff for as eye fodder for Facebook voyeurs. I understand posting about milestones but it is juvenile to post everything about your relationship, even if it's to rub it in your ex's face.

#33 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:11 AM

So many people who don't post their stuff on social media but they will on a Neopets Forum hee hee.

I guess for my friend, is it fair to say that she wants to date guys and was embarrassed about being in a lesbian relationship?

#34 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2015 - 07:08 AM

I suspect because this forum is pretty anon not to mention detached from family and such.

That's probably only super relevant.

#35 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:18 PM

Oh, I don't know. I've been with my boyfriend for a while and when we first started dating I was all about posting pictures and statuses and what not. Four years later the novelty wears off.

It's more about the love you give each other behind closed doors rather than trying to flaunt/show off your love to everyone else. I think a person not posting about their relationship tells you absolutely nothing definitive. Which is what they want, right?

#36 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2015 - 07:53 PM

But how can you say you love her if you're not proving it to 150 nosy assholes?

Or alternatively...

Spoiler

#37 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2015 - 09:25 PM

Or alternatively...

Spoiler

What the fuck elin.

#38 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2015 - 09:28 PM

I've never used social media for posting about relationship stuff through the years, though since marrying, I do toss photos around a wee bit more (then again, I'm one of those people who has literally like ~20 Facebook friends; I like to keep it small!).

#39 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:07 PM

Or alternatively...

Spoiler

Awwww bby that's my fav image <3

#40 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:39 AM

Btw, how has nobody mentioned the amazing tags that went behind this topic?

#41 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:10 AM

Btw, how has nobody mentioned the amazing tags that went behind this topic?

Old news :p Scroll down and look at "Also tagged with one or more of these keywords". 

#42 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:07 PM

So many people who don't post their stuff on social media but they will on a Neopets Forum hee hee.

I guess for my friend, is it fair to say that she wants to date guys and was embarrassed about being in a lesbian relationship?

Yes. Or she has people who she didn't want drama with over it.

I was never embarrassed to date a woman but since I have very religious and conservative folks on my FB, that isn't how I would want them to find out and it isn't worth my time to talk to them outside of FB.

I will post photos of my life, I think anything is fine in certain doses as long as it isn't too intimate or too often. Moderation is key imo.

It's easy enough to unfollow, or unadd people on social media and not see their posts. FB has made it so easy you can block people from seeing your stuff without unfriending them haha 

#43 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:37 AM

@tauriel, I'm using these tags the next chance I get.

I think the diplomatic answer would be...it depends on the dynamic of the poster and their audience as well as the poster and their partner.

#44 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:04 AM

Dunno, I don't post any relationship updates publicly, neither do I follow people who post like that because I'm not interested (okay maybe for one two exceptions).

It's not really my style to post sappy meaningless suff and if it was anything more important it feels like I'm giving something private away and that makes it a bit less precious for me, so I don't do it. To each their own, I guess? I wish I had more pictures of my bf and me though :< He doesn't like being photographed and I don't insist so I don't remember we ever took a proper picture as a couple.

#45 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:07 AM

Yes. Or she has people who she didn't want drama with over it.

I was never embarrassed to date a woman but since I have very religious and conservative folks on my FB, that isn't how I would want them to find out and it isn't worth my time to talk to them outside of FB.

I will post photos of my life, I think anything is fine in certain doses as long as it isn't too intimate or too often. Moderation is key imo.

It's easy enough to unfollow, or unadd people on social media and not see their posts. FB has made it so easy you can block people from seeing your stuff without unfriending them haha 

Fair. I guess I just never had it as an option. But this girl is stupidly annoying with her new posts.

Although it's along the same lines of if you date someone and your partner wants to keep you on the DL, but then they date someone new and they're telling everyone about them immediately. Kinda stings.

@tauriel, I'm using these tags the next chance I get.

I think the diplomatic answer would be...it depends on the dynamic of the poster and their audience as well as the poster and their partner.

But...but.. these are my signature hashtags D:

#46 Gnome

Gnome
  • Alpha As Fuck

• 1054 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:47 AM

As someone who has too many facebook friends. The people who post frequently about relationships or their happenings in life are the people who are the most insecure looking for validation ( "Likes" ). Social media is all a game to make your life look so much better. Like the old saying goes "Don't compare your life to everyone's highlight reel" 

For your question maybe she was just too comfortable with your friend. Maybe she didn't want people to know if she hadn't came out to her family being bi-sexual. Who knows that's all on her. It's best not to think too hard into it. 

#47 bbdoll

bbdoll
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:14 PM

I've never been one to love social media. I made a FB when I was 14 because that was the "thing" and haven't checked my PMs in years.

But to a certain level, there is stuff that belongs on there and other stuff that may only belong in your heart.

A lot of people disagree as to what category relationships fall. But one thing is for sure, was it really ever a true relationship if one party was not happy or proud?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kate nudes, old relationship, b/c she is old, she might be, younger than me, but yolo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users