Has anybody else noticed...

• Please log in to reply
253 replies to this topic

#26 Dewgong

Dewgong
  • 221 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:58 AM

Oh you mean these things? 700NC a piece that gave nothing but crap.

caper_casefile_1.gifcaper_casefile_2.gifcaper_casefile_3.gif

Of course, some people absolutely loved the items...

I just noticed the files aren't even the same sizes... Damn. :lol2:

#27 Clutch

Clutch
  • 343 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:17 AM

I don't know. This is some beautiful art right here.  :lol2:

mall_clo_festivaldress.gifboo_short_stories_from_brightv.gifpot_purple_jubjub.giffoo_muddly_slushie.gif

I mean this stuff is just gorgeously done. Throwback to the early 2000's Neopets.

#28 Chuuya

Chuuya
  • 134 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2015 - 01:39 PM

Oh you mean these things? 700NC a piece that gave nothing but crap.

caper_casefile_1.gifcaper_casefile_2.gifcaper_casefile_3.gif

Of course, some people absolutely loved the items...

I just noticed the files aren't even the same sizes... Damn. :lol2:

700NC!!! BHAHAHAHAHAH

#29 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2015 - 07:12 AM

And there's more. I'm starting to love to be in a lurker mode in the NF page to see what they're releasing this time. lol

Yesterday:

kau-gold.jpg What's wrong with those hooves? :S

kau-outfit-metallic.jpg And, the shading in this amazing outfit. And the scarf looks like it was... plasticized? IDEK

#30 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2015 - 01:03 AM

And there's more. I'm starting to love to be in a lurker mode in the NF page to see what they're releasing this time. lol

Yesterday:

kau-gold.jpg What's wrong with those hooves? :S

kau-outfit-metallic.jpg And, the shading in this amazing outfit. And the scarf looks like it was... plasticized? IDEK

I actually like the look of that Kau. The gold one that is.

#31 Dewgong

Dewgong
  • 221 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2015 - 07:42 AM

Gold pets that have a shine look much better. That kau looks like crap imo; it's got biscuit hooves too...

4.png4.png4.png

Edited by Dewgong, 20 June 2015 - 07:43 AM.

#32 FrankySawn

FrankySawn
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 11:18 PM

Chances are likely these are items that have been sitting on the back burner for years.

Like dinosaur years.

Still, very ugly though.

#33 DrSeuss

DrSeuss
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:52 PM

Good god they look terrible. They were probably never meant to be released by TNT, then JS toook over and are releasing things still in the database. At least I hope that's what's happening... These items remind me of that APril Fools gag when all the pets were crudely redesigned.

makeover6.gifmakeover8.gifmakeover11.gifmakeover7.gif

#34 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:09 PM

Good god they look terrible. They were probably never meant to be released by TNT, then JS toook over and are releasing things still in the database. At least I hope that's what's happening... These items remind me of that APril Fools gag when all the pets were crudely redesigned.

makeover6.gifmakeover8.gifmakeover11.gifmakeover7.gif

Those actually look kind of funny!  It's THESE I'm quite worried about...

makeover4.gifmakeover10.gifmakeover12.gif

#35 DrSeuss

DrSeuss
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:12 PM

Those actually look kind of funny!  It's THESE I'm quite worried about...

makeover4.gifmakeover10.gifmakeover12.gif

that Meerca though

It's staring into my soul

#36 Eggie

Eggie
  • 317 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2015 - 09:29 AM

inst_flutominium.gif

*snort*

They must be either hiring artists on the cheap, or getting programmers/content writers/etc to do art. There's no way a professional artist would be hired anywhere with work like this.

Spot on with the April Fools Day pet comparison.

#37 Bounty

Bounty
  • 16 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2015 - 09:37 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if JS sent a mass email to their different departments asking if anyone was remotely "artistic" to do basic artwork.  Probably ended up getting people from HR, Marketing, or Customer Service to do some stuff.  I know some companies that did this to cut costs.  There is no way a respectable/professional artist would make something like this unless it was a joke or for free lol.

#38 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2015 - 01:53 PM

Oh, look. An ENTIRE page of crappy designed items: http://www.neopets.c...olosseum/staff/

Image, for those who can't be bothered to click the link. :rolleyes:

26b5aab5db00a659ceafe813a7a241a3.png

#39 Dewgong

Dewgong
  • 221 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:33 PM

If only that mask was wearable...

#40 Chuuya

Chuuya
  • 134 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:39 PM

Oh, look. An ENTIRE page of crappy designed items: http://www.neopets.c...olosseum/staff/

Image, for those who can't be bothered to click the link. :rolleyes:

26b5aab5db00a659ceafe813a7a241a3.png

the forgotten cushion looks like a condom XD

#41 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2015 - 06:21 PM

I think I know what's happening. I talked to my tattoo artist when Christa, my Fiancee, was getting her tattoo. When some businesses want art, usually they have a system where they will post what they want on a board online. Any of the artists that want to make that piece, can just take that offering, and draw it. Once done and approved, they get paid for it. Generally with things such as items, it is more amateur artists that get those jobs, and they are on the cheap. It could be anywhere from $10-$40 depending on the item's significance, and need.. So Non-NC items could be just cheaply paid for, meanwhile items that actually make the company money, are offered to the Artist for more of a cash opportunity. This is why NC items look way better, just because they are probably paying a different amount.

Now this was info I heard from what big companies do.

It could very well be happening with JS, or they could be just straight not giving a shit and barely paying anything for art because they figure they just need content. These outsourced art jobs could be bad just because either the people don't really understand the website because it's not normally in their realm of work, or because they don't care. All in all, it's just bad.

#42 Rainstorm

Rainstorm
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 03:42 PM

It's stuff like this that makes it hard to justify paying Premium. :(

#43 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2015 - 01:55 PM

Oh, look. Another one. :p

mall_trink_lightedtree.gif

And the swf. Dat trunk.

#44 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:18 PM

water_flotsam.jpg swampgas_flotsam.jpg

Compared to:

4.png4.png

Using Jetsam as a comparison because they're similar in shape. The Flotsam doesn't even have the little splashes on the tail or have any of the attractive depth as the others, its just a straight texture over a base. The body for the swamp gas one doesn't even have the correct body texture nor does it have the light green eyes all the others have, its just a green Flotsam with stink lines. Also, the rainbow pool isn't updated to include these two and the gold and silver Kaus.

#45 Drkestdragon

Drkestdragon
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:32 PM

All the new NC items that's been released lately look hideous on all my pets, not to mention the new wig from the cupcake... :doh:

#46 Milo11

Milo11
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 12:44 AM

gif_vanilla_frag.gifgif_candy_bou.gif

:ninja:

#47 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:51 AM

Spoiler

I hate how they re-sized the swamp one. They could draw the stink lines a bit smaller to not have the issue of making a huge pet. Hate how they don't even have the trouble to look at past coloured pets to see how things are properly done. 
Hell, I hate everything about it. :p

Apparently there will be a second NC Mall birthday cake...
mall_8_cupcake2.gif
I couldn't find a third one, tho. Maybe they will only release two this year, contrary to the last? Or they haven't drawn it yet, or the url will be different. :p

#48 Drkestdragon

Drkestdragon
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 03:36 PM

I hate how they re-sized the swamp one. They could draw the stink lines a bit smaller to not have the issue of making a huge pet. Hate how they don't even have the trouble to look at past coloured pets to see how things are properly done. 
Hell, I hate everything about it. :p

Apparently there will be a second NC Mall birthday cake...
mall_8_cupcake2.gif
I couldn't find a third one, tho. Maybe they will only release two this year, contrary to the last? Or they haven't drawn it yet, or the url will be different. :p

Mmm, rainbow!  :heart:

Better looking than the first cupcake, IMO.

Hopefully the prize would fit better on most of my pets as well...

#49 Eggie

Eggie
  • 317 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2015 - 05:17 PM

I think I know what's happening. I talked to my tattoo artist when Christa, my Fiancee, was getting her tattoo. When some businesses want art, usually they have a system where they will post what they want on a board online. Any of the artists that want to make that piece, can just take that offering, and draw it. Once done and approved, they get paid for it. Generally with things such as items, it is more amateur artists that get those jobs, and they are on the cheap. It could be anywhere from $10-$40 depending on the item's significance, and need.. So Non-NC items could be just cheaply paid for, meanwhile items that actually make the company money, are offered to the Artist for more of a cash opportunity. This is why NC items look way better, just because they are probably paying a different amount.

Now this was info I heard from what big companies do.

It could very well be happening with JS, or they could be just straight not giving a shit and barely paying anything for art because they figure they just need content. These outsourced art jobs could be bad just because either the people don't really understand the website because it's not normally in their realm of work, or because they don't care. All in all, it's just bad.

That sounds logical, and would explain why the art is so inconsistent. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they're outsourcing a few people who aren't artists...whoever can do it cheapest. It puts into perspective really just how low the site has gotten in terms of quality. Kinda sad I guess. :/ Thanks for the info!

#50 APBT

APBT
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:51 PM

The Bearog bottle's perspective is hilariously bad. The heads are massive and I have no idea how the bottle would stay upright with one sticking out so far to the left.

foo_noil_cracker.gif

^ ...I can't even. They got a 6-year-old to trace a Noil and then applied an emboss filter. I refuse to believe a full grown adult was paid to draw this.

Is... is that an actual item? It's so terrible that it's hilarious!  :lol2:

I like this thing, too...

rainbow_baby_blue.gif

Excellent MS Paint skills.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users