• submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 February 2015 - 10:52 PM

A 36-pack of condoms now cost as much as iPhone in Venezuela
SHANE FERRO MARKETS  FEB. 5, 2015, 12:29 AM

REUTERS/Christian Veron

250jx9k.jpg

Anti-government protesters kiss during a protest against Venezuela’s President Nicolas Maduro’s government in Caracas March 22, 2014.

Venezuela is running out of condoms.

The country is broke. It’s economy is on track to shrink 7% in 2015 alone, in large part due to oil prices being so low. Now its economic crisis is leading to a health crisis.

A lack of contraceptives doesn’t keep people from having sex, it just keeps them from having safe sex.

Bloomberg reports that the country started running out of condoms and other kinds of contraceptives in December. “The condom shortage, caused by a scarcity of dollars among importers, has prices on a website used to find scarce goods soaring and risks aggravating one of South America’s highest HIV infection and teenage pregnancy rates.”

A 36-pack of Trojan condoms are going for 4,760 bolivars (about $750) on Mercado Libre, a site where Venezuelan citizens bid for goods that the country has shortages of. A three-pack is 399 bolivars (about $62).

source

#2 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 February 2015 - 10:59 PM

Just use a plastic bag and you're done.

#3 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 February 2015 - 11:30 PM

It is fine. If the girl is on top it means gravity won't allow the sperm to reach her egg.

TROLOLOLOLOLOL

#4 Wynd

Wynd
  • 397 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2015 - 12:32 AM

It is fine. If the girl is on top it means gravity won't allow the sperm to reach her egg.

TROLOLOLOLOLOL

Not true. Sperm swim through the vagina and into your ovaries no matter what position you're in. 

#5 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2015 - 12:37 AM

Not true. Sperm swim through the vagina and into your ovaries no matter what position you're in. 

*points to the white text and blatant trolling* 

This is ridiculous. I guess because of my privilege I don't understand why people choose to have unsafe sex... :| If I don't have contraception or a means to be safe then.. I don't partake. 

P.S Anyone else think about price in terms of how many 5 cent candies you can buy? or is that just me?

Edited by Padme, 05 February 2015 - 12:38 AM.

#6 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2015 - 12:58 AM

i personally think this is a blessing in disguise. have you guys seen venezuelans competing in miss universe lately? they're gorgeouuss. we need more venezuelans in the world!

#7 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2015 - 01:21 AM

i personally think this is a blessing in disguise. have you guys seen venezuelans competing in miss universe lately? they're gorgeouuss. we need more venezuelans in the world!

More butts to touch!

#8 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2015 - 02:32 AM

get the iphone and have sex with it, no condoms needed. problem solved.

#9 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1542 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2015 - 03:25 AM

giphy.gif

So is anyone else thinking of heading to walmart, grabbing a couple thousand condoms - getting on a plane there and selling black market condoms for a substantially higher price?

#10 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2015 - 03:28 AM

I'd rather have the phone yolo

#11 Gnome

Gnome
  • Alpha As Fuck

• 1054 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2015 - 05:05 AM

I'm going to costco to buy the big eco pack of condoms. keep half for me and send out half in a care package. LOL Start up the condom black market!

#12 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2015 - 06:42 AM

Condoms? Never heard of em.

#13 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2015 - 06:57 AM

This is ridiculous. I guess because of my privilege I don't understand why people choose to have unsafe sex... :| If I don't have contraception or a means to be safe then.. I don't partake. 

P.S Anyone else think about price in terms of how many 5 cent candies you can buy? or is that just me?

Where the heck do you find 5c candies dear?

#14 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2015 - 07:49 AM

phone!

just pull out..

#15 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2015 - 11:44 AM

You mean saran wrap?

#16 DregsandDregs

DregsandDregs
  • 127 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 02:15 PM

Saran Wrap won't work.

The problem isn't just contraception, it's STDs.

Contraception wise, IUDs, patches, the pill.  But STDs?  There's nothing for that except for condoms, either male or female ones.

Anyways, this is seriously fucked up.  But forget the black market--crowdsource building a condom factory in the country instead!

#17 Branlaur

Branlaur
  • 907 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2015 - 03:14 PM

giphy.gif

So is anyone else thinking of heading to walmart, grabbing a couple thousand condoms - getting on a plane there and selling black market condoms for a substantially higher price?

I'd make a lot of money from that. Although I would get some pretty weird questions from the clerk at Walmart that sold them to me. :lol2:

#18 Wynd

Wynd
  • 397 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2015 - 04:21 PM

I've run into people that have quite honestly believed in those kind of physics. Trust me, it's brain-killing. So, yeah. I couldn't tell whether or not they were joking.

#19 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2015 - 04:24 PM

http://www.ctvnews.c...lants-1.2006950

http://www.dailymail...rfect-face.html

nerd-with-blowup-doll3.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users