Tinder

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 February 2015 - 02:06 PM

I'm curious as to how many people on Neocodex have used Tinder, or anything similar, to meet people and find dates. 

For those unaware, Tinder is a mobile app that allows you to like, or dislike, people based pretty much solely on their appearance and short bio. If the 'like' is mutual, you are able to chat with the person.

When Tinder first came out, I was still in college and it took over my campus. We were all using it, either to find hookups or just for fun, and I think the majority of people that I know still do. 

Personally, I have used it since then, but I don't seriously meet anyone. It is more just for fun and to see what is out there, though I did go on a date while I was staying at my friend's beach house with a girl I matched with. 

Anyway, what are your views on Tinder, Hinge, or any other "swipe to like" online dating. Have you used it?

Edit: My new cake icon is hella tight <- 

#2 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 February 2015 - 02:12 PM

Tinder, PoF, and whatever horrible 'dating' apps are just that, horrible. I feel like for the most part they further perpetuate the idea of basing attractiveness off of looks, and not a combination of other favorable qualities. I have used these apps and have gotten more joy out of trolling than I have meeting up with people. 

Reddit.com/r/tinder

#3 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 February 2015 - 02:15 PM

You're right; but, I think the users of Tinder tend to be intentional about the fact that it is going to be a more casual thing, so that is why it is mostly based on appearance. 

#4 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 February 2015 - 02:36 PM

Weird butt pics. :(

#5 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 February 2015 - 02:42 PM

I have used Tinder, but just to see what kinds of people were around me. So many crazy and weird girls... Nothing that I wasn't expecting lol

#6 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:59 PM

I used it.. met some weirdos, met some cool people. The last guy I was dating I met on tinder.. 

Tinder got me laid.

#7 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:42 PM

I love it!

#8 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2015 - 12:07 AM

i only have grindr in my phone but i don't know... i don't think all these dating apps are for me. they're stupid. first, every guy on grindr just wanna hook up. every time i receive a message, it would be "are you a top or a bottom?". eww. second, they're extremely picky - straight-acting guys only (?), no indians plz, etc - which is a complete turn-off. and third, almost everyone put their torsos as their profile pictures. umm no thank you... i prefer someone with a head to talk with lol.

after filtering all these guys, the only perfect guy that exist in grindr is me. welp.

i just want a real life gay bestfriennndddd. is it so much to ask?

#9 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:33 AM

i only have grindr in my phone but i don't know... i don't think all these dating apps are for me. they're stupid. first, every guy on grindr just wanna hook up. every time i receive a message, it would be "are you a top or a bottom?". eww. second, they're extremely picky - straight-acting guys only (?), no indians plz, etc - which is a complete turn-off. and third, almost everyone put their torsos as their profile pictures. umm no thank you... i prefer someone with a head to talk with lol.

after filtering all these guys, the only perfect guy that exist in grindr is me. welp.

i just want a real life gay bestfriennndddd. is it so much to ask?

Why would you want a gay best friend? There can only be one Supreme.

On topic: closest thing I ever used to Tinder was Grindr. It was great for finding someone to bang, but the people often lacked non-physical attributes essential for a long-term relationship - which is not a problem if you are not ignorant about the nature of the form of 'dating' in which you are engaging.

#10 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:39 AM

A few of my friends use Tinder and I think they want a relationship. They're all girls. They're not very successful. But sometimes they get laid, so that's cool I guess.

I've used grindr a few times but nothing really happened. Never did a hook-up. exchanged a few numbers but we stopped talking after a few days. This is why i haven't had sex in 8 years.

#11 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:51 AM

If you're using Tinder as a dating app, you're doing it wrong. It's an app for one night stands, and it does its job well. 

i only have grindr in my phone but i don't know... i don't think all these dating apps are for me. they're stupid. first, every guy on grindr just wanna hook up. 

Yeah, that's the point of the app. Tinder/Grindr do one thing, if you're looking for relationships try things that are geared towards that, like eharmony or ok cupid or whatever.

#12 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:34 AM

Nope, met my fiancee at work.

#13 arcanum

arcanum
  • 1748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:00 PM

I used it.. met some weirdos, met some cool people. The last guy I was dating I met on tinder.. 

Tinder got me laid.

^Basically this.

I downloaded it originally to troll people, which is hella fun and I still do on occasion (thats terrible, isnt it?). I've also gone on a few dates using the app, which has been fun. But it is super shallow and I don't expect to meet anyone on it for anything serious/long term.

I rarely get on it anymore, its mostly just when I'm way too bored and just wanna chat with someone.

#14 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:25 PM

Never personally used tinder.

Two of my sisters found boyfriends on tinder. One of them ended after a couple months. The other is still with him after 8 months now. So it can work?

#15 arcanum

arcanum
  • 1748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:03 PM

Two of my sisters found boyfriends on tinder. One of them ended after a couple months. The other is still with him after 8 months now. So it can work?

One of my best friends is currently in a long-term relationship with a dude she met off Tinder (I think they are about to celebrate their 1 year?), and another friend of mine has been dating this guy for a couple months off there as well. So, I guess it can work. xD

#16 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:09 PM

Wait there's more of you out there?¿ pls

#17 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:05 PM

I have 4 sisters and 2 brothers. 

#18 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:17 PM

My best friend went on a Tinder date last night and it was actually really successful and romantic. Surprising, because normally that app is used for hookups, like most of you have said. I've used Plenty of Fish and met some great guys on there. It's all about how you present yourself on these sites. Be yourself, but be your best self. No Myspace angles, people!

There could never be enough @Padme in the world <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users