Server Build Requests/Suggestions

77 replies to this topic

#1 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:41 PM

Back when I started building a town in an Extreme Hills biome, I had a book where other players could write suggestions for buildings to add in my town. It obviously failed, and I turned that into a village (with villagers and stuff!). I was next to the village when I remembered that and thought about a topic for build suggestions and requests.

So next time you find an interesting build but you don't want to build it yourself or just need help, post it here so the other players can help you!

#2 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:45 PM

Build the New York Public Library

#3 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:19 PM

Build the New York Public Library

No Daddy.

#4 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:37 AM

Wait, is that your town to the NW of the starting village?

With the exception of yesterday, been spending a lot of time in that region lately. ^_^

So next time you find an interesting build but you don't want to build it yourself or just need help, post it here so the other players can help you!

Excellent idea! +rep for you sir! 

I need... a... uh...

Automatic book enchanting machine? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

No Daddy.

I NEED TO KNOW

what anime your siggie is from.

Looks amazing. :D

#5 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:47 PM

I NEED TO KNOW

what anime your siggie is from.

Looks amazing. :D

From Senyu :3

I don't watch it but it reminded me of Monster Hunter.

#6 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:31 PM

Wait, is that your town to the NW of the starting village?

With the exception of yesterday, been spending a lot of time in that region lately. ^_^

Yeah ^_^ It had a bank, a post office, a jail... But I ran out of ideas, so I turned into a functional village :p

My first request. @Romy @Strategist the item filter on my pigmen exp farm stops working after some time. Can you try to fix it? Thanks :)

#7 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:37 PM

My first request. @Romy @Strategist the item filter on my pigmen exp farm stops working after some time. Can you try to fix it? Thanks :)

That would be all Mike.

I don't know anything about redstone and stuff.  :sorry:

#8 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:38 PM

That would be all Mike.
I don't know anything about redstone and stuff.  :sorry:

Oh, I thought you were good top xD It's ok, you can't be worse than me.

#9 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:10 PM

Oh, I thought you were good top xD It's ok, you can't be worse than me.

Server request completed

#10 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:40 AM

Server request completed

You didn't just do it. You nailed it! Thank you so much :D

#11 Cory

Cory
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 7487 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 March 2015 - 08:05 PM

I spent a few hours at the pigmen farm today. Seems to work flawlessly now.  There was a pigmen on the bottom ( where the filter is) but I think that was just a  visual glitch.) 

#12 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 March 2015 - 08:28 PM

I spent a few hours at the pigmen farm today. Seems to work flawlessly now.  There was a pigmen on the bottom ( where the filter is) but I think that was just a  visual glitch.) 

Glad to hear it seems to have been cleared up, I replaced most (if not, all) of the wooden planks on each platform (both the AFK and Enchanting/Loot/Sorter ones) with glass, guaranteed that mobs won't spawn on those. If there ARE pigmen nearby, it's most likely they survived the fall somehow and glitched out of the 'trap'. Be careful when descending is all I can say. If there are Piggies around, they will remain aggro until you leave the Nether I think.

#13 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2015 - 04:27 PM

Suggestion 1:

Set up a Trading Post on Neo Mushroom Island and/or Spawn City.

Could do actual trades like Swarley set up for a couple of us previously: sign a book so we know the proper person picked it up.

Then on the forum we could put: WTB/WTS/WTT and what we're looking for and offering.

Like, for me, WTT diamonds & blank books for specific enchant books..

I assume diamonds/emeralds would be the big currencies... but could just as easily do X# of Granite for X# of Diorite... whatever the user(s) negotiate.

Could even negotiate services. "I need such and such from location xyz but don't want to go there myself. I will give ______ if you pick it up." or "I'm not technically inclined so I will sell Romy's soul for a _____ machine." lol

Perhaps even he senior members could act as a middle man if needed?

If anyone else would use it, of  course. :)

Figured as our server appears to be slowly growing this would especially be useful as we get more and more members.

Be kinda nice to make a building in the spirit of Neo's Trading Hut or whatever it is for where transactions take place.

Suggestion 2:
If we've lost a lot of members since before I joined (and if any after) maybe we could do...
Well Final Fantasy 11 has this "Return to Vana'diel" campaign. Members that haven't logged played in awhile get like a week's free, unrestricted subscription to come back and play. Gives users a good chance to see how things have changed.

Maybe we could do something like that?
Set up some events, games, prizes/rewards.

Maybe a free week of Advance membership for those who stay active on the server that week (so it's not just log in once for the free membership).

Would give everyone a chance to see how the server (and potentially Minecraft itself) has changed since the last time they logged in.

Could also combine it with a New Member campaign to welcome both the old and the new.
Maybe host another contest or two for free copies of the game for those who don't already have it the week before the event kicks off?

Edited by LlamaKnight, 02 March 2015 - 04:29 PM.

#14 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:26 PM

Ohh. Big thing so I'll try to address them one by one. @LlamaKnight

Suggestion 1:

Set up a Trading Post on Neo Mushroom Island and/or Spawn City.

Could do actual trades like Swarley set up for a couple of us previously: sign a book so we know the proper person picked it up.

Then on the forum we could put: WTB/WTS/WTT and what we're looking for and offering.

I think this is a great idea! We could just build some kind of trading structure.

Maybe we could do something like that?
Set up some events, games, prizes/rewards.

Maybe a free week of Advance membership for those who stay active on the server that week (so it's not just log in once for the free membership).

Would give everyone a chance to see how the server (and potentially Minecraft itself) has changed since the last time they logged in.

Could also combine it with a New Member campaign to welcome both the old and the new.
Maybe host another contest or two for free copies of the game for those who don't already have it the week before the event kicks off?

This one is a bit trickier. I'm all for trying to increase activity but prizes that involve real money (purchasing Adv membership or a Minecraft subscription.)

The last giveaway contest was hosted by @Kord. Unless someone else wants to contribute the funds themselves, sub giveaways are a bit tricky.

Lastly, I think @Strategist and I have a few things coming in terms of contests. ;)

#15 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:37 PM

Ohh. Big thing so I'll try to address them one by one. @LlamaKnight

I think this is a great idea! We could just build some kind of trading structure.

This one is a bit trickier. I'm all for trying to increase activity but prizes that involve real money (purchasing Adv membership or a Minecraft subscription.)

The last giveaway contest was hosted by @Kord. Unless someone else wants to contribute the funds themselves, sub giveaways are a bit tricky.

Lastly, I think @Strategist and I have a few things coming in terms of contests. ;)

I agree with the first thing (the trading aspect) as you do, but regarding giveaways...yeah if someone else wants to pay for it, that's fine, but I likely won't be paying for download cards again. Just because there's a giveaway though doesn't ensure that active players on the server result (neither of the winners from the giveaway I had play on the server now).

#16 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:54 PM

So many incomplete sentences.

Sorry if it's incoherent!  I'm at work xD

#17 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:54 PM

I agree with the first thing (the trading aspect) as you do, but regarding giveaways...yeah if someone else wants to pay for it, that's fine, but I likely won't be paying for download cards again. Just because there's a giveaway though doesn't ensure that active players on the server result (neither of the winners from the giveaway I had play on the server now).

Sad to hear. Sorry, Kord. :(

#18 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:18 PM

Sad to hear. Sorry, Kord. :(

Nah I didn't think it required sympathy of any sort, just stating that whether to invest something like that into a giveaway is something, based upon lessons learned, that one should take into consideration for the future. ;)

@Swarley and @Strategist, just got back from visiting the Pigman farm. ;) Nice!!!

#19 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:50 PM

MINECRAFT TRADING POST! YES ES YES

@Swarley I NEED ANOTHER AXE :( 

#20 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:52 PM

@Swarley and @Strategist, just got back from visiting the Pigman farm. ;) Nice!!!

:D

MINECRAFT TRADING POST! YES ES YES

@Swarley I NEED ANOTHER AXE :(

Tell me what enchants you need. I'll get one for you.

#21 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:12 PM

:D

Tell me what enchants you need. I'll get one for you.

fortune unbreaking efficiency name your price :p

edit: this is for a pick axe not an axe axe

#22 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:27 PM

fortune unbreaking efficiency name your price :p

edit: this is for a pick axe not an axe axe

Ok, this won't be easy... The price will depend on how many diamonds I spend :p

#23 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:32 PM

Ok, this won't be easy... The price will depend on how many diamonds I spend :p

alright well i've got uhh 36 right now :p hope it wont take more than that haha

#24 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:43 PM

alright well i've got uhh 36 right now :p hope it wont take more than that haha

I think I'm luckier than that hahah. Hopefully it won't take more than 9 or 12.

You should get some tips from @Cory :p

#25 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:44 PM

I think I'm luckier than that hahah. Hopefully it won't take more than 9 or 12.

You should get some tips from @Cory :p

Cory is INSANE when it comes to diamond mining, seriously, he may have everyone beat hands down!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users