• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2015 - 10:20 PM

jbhDOQW2O38jRK.png

ibrs29QmM74AhQ.gif

Nominations start: Now

Nominations end: March 12, 2015 at 8:59 NST

Voting Period: March 13 to March 15 at 8:59 NST

Who to nominate: We are looking for someone who is kind, helpful, and has made great contributions to the forum while encouraging activity. You may nominate up to three people.

How to nominate: To nominate, either PM me or post here. Your nomination must include the person's username and 2-3 well thought out reasons - for example, explaining how well you think they did contributing to something. Reasons like "because they're cool" will not be counted.

How to win: The three users with the most nominations will be voted on at the end of the nomination period. The person with the most votes at the end of the voting period will become March's Member of the Month.

Full Rules:

Do not nominate yourself or ask to be nominated.

- Staff members may be nominated but each individual staff member may only win once every six months.

- Provide 2-3 well thought out reasons as to why you think the user you have nominated should be Member of the Month. If your reasoning is not valid, your nomination may not be considered.

- Post your nomination here or PM me if you would like to be anonymous.

- If you won the previous month, you cannot be nominated.

March MOTM Prizes:

- Private+ site theme for the month.

- Pretty userbar for the month:

motmchamplong.gif

- Shiny award to keep permanently:

motm.gif

This award can be achieved by anyone by following the criteria below:

101-AwardImgMaster-1415723808.gif

- Nominate 3 different people in the current MOTM topic while following the "How to Nominate" criteria.
- Of those 3 nominees, none of them must be members who won within the last three MOTM's.
- Of those 3 nominees, none of them must be staff members (moderators+admins) who won within the last six MOTM's.
- Not retroactively awarded for nominations before November 2014.

#2 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2015 - 10:24 PM

I am going to go out on a limb here and place ONLY one nomination, as I feel very strongly about it: it's high time that @Swarley receive the MOTM honor! Swarley is incredibly active both here on the forums and on the Neocodex Minecraft server, and he's never anything but amazingly pleasant, awesome, and extremely helpful. GO SWARLEY GO!!!   :thumbsup:

#3 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2015 - 10:56 PM

I nominate:

@Tauriel she's an amazing person and a great part of the staff. She's nice, funny and deserves to be MOTM for her job and activeness here.

@Satsuki she's nice, extremely helpful and very active. Most of the questions that people come up with are answered by her. Or if she doesn't know the exact answer, she tries to lead the person to a solution.

@ortin he's a nice guy, really active (most of the time I am here, he's online) and he helps a lot too.

#4 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:41 AM

I'm still a noob and I can only go by those areas in which I am active in but I'd like to nominate

@Kord! Could not be more helpful and friendly. Posts that are never not polite and informative. Insightful and well thought out, that are fact-checked with research. Also, as hostess for competitions? Wondermazing. And yet modest and always thanking others for their contributions and commending them for their niceness and efforts (which doesn't sound like I'm serious but I'm sure boosts activity like 5823590% percent).

@Tauriel! One of the first people I met here and definitely contributed to my decision to stay. Active like 98% of the time I'm here. Amazing mod, ban hammer drops like Mjolnir on forums as well as chat. It's good to know that dodgy behavior is pretty much banned asap, makes me feel comfortable here as well as in chat. That's dedication right there. You'd think she'd be too busy to do anything else right? Nope. Still has time to draw ridiculously gorgeous art on a weekly basis to contribute to the art thread.

@Jess(us)! I can't judge based on what goes down in private...But from what I can see she does contribute a lot to thread activity. Like, almost every thread gets a hilarious/well-researched/both post from her. Also she's on like 75% of the time on chat. Also relevant, between her and Tauriel, we nearly got a new member by proposing to him (possible got him in the end, idk). That's like 2000 extra points right?

Edit: supposed new member is Canadian beat-boxing baker.

#5 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:26 AM

I feel I should say thanks to those above who nominated me, that's really sweet of you! 

Annnnd I'd like to nominate:

@Swarley for the same reasons as every other month :p He is fantastic, active, contributes a lot of time and his wonderful personality. It's his time to shine!

@Romy because he narrowly missed out last month and he's done so much for the minecraft side of the forum in addition to his work for the Contest Team. He's also been incredibly loyal to Codex and active for years!

@Chappy is my final nomination. She is such a great girl, one of my favourites. She is super active and has been running the Draw every week activity with great success. It's brought a lot of fun for so many of us! Thanks Chapperz.  :wub:

#6 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:19 AM

@Romy because of his contest team/minecraft contributions and the things he did for the contest spree in January.

@Adam because of his help in the contest month and his hearthstone contributions

@Swarley cause he puts up with all my shit and sometimes i feel bad cause i force him to be my friend.

#7 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:27 AM

@Swarley - for being cool and putting up with my love even though he doesn't really want it. And for all the minecraft stuff he does and being smart and funny.

@Romy - for all the minecraft stuff he does, for all his help on the contest team and such and being all around helpful and a positivie face on teh forum.

I'll think of a 3rd later after doing some more investigating.

#8 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:59 AM

@Romy and @Swarley - couldn't say it any better than every other reason already listed. :)

Will also think of my third.
And just know, you all are the members of the month as far as I'm concerned.
Keep on rocking my Codexian brothers and sisters.

headbang.gif

#9 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:26 PM

@Swarley for his overall friendliness and approach-ability. For his consistent activity and presence on the forums. 

... I'll add more if when think of them. :)

#10 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2015 - 11:25 PM

@Swarley because I want more personalized photos that are created on MS paint. Also because activity, friendly, helpful, blah blah blah. You're a BAMF and we all know it. You deserve recognition because you're LEGEN-WAITFORITANDIHOPEYOURENOTLACTOSEINTOLERANTBECAUSETHENEXTOWRDIS-DARY. 

#11 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2015 - 11:43 PM

For my third recommendation I'd like to nominate @Tauriel She's the heart of Codex, and keeps this site and its members safe from within and potential outside troublemakers. One of the nicest, friendliest persons I know. Really appreciate everything she and her team does for our community. Thank you. :)

#12 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 02:14 PM

Only a few more days!!

#13 Hopeless

Hopeless
  • 184 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 04:31 PM

@Chappy for her awesome weekly drawing thread. It's been really cool seeing such a variety of talent and artwork, and being out of school for a couple years has made me miss that kind thing a lot (a whole bunch of people sharing sketches/just talking about each other's art). 

@Liesa cause I couldn't nominate her last time - she's another person who was extremely helpful and friendly while I was still getting used to Neocodex (although I don't think I'll ever not feel like a noob, heheh). Also, FR (you were even my first friend).

@LlamaKnight, I see you donating ridiculously good prizes to every contest I see around here. Seriously. I look forward to pretty much all of the contests, and every time I check one, you're usually already there helping out in some way. Your posts are also generally entertaining. :)

Edited by Hopeless, 08 March 2015 - 04:31 PM.

#14 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 04:34 PM

@LlamaKnight, I see you donating ridiculously good prizes to every contest I see around here. Seriously. I look forward to pretty much all of the contests, and every time I check one, you're usually already there helping out in some way. Your posts are also generally entertaining. :)

Aww. My very first nomination ever. Thank you so very much.  :friends:

It's always a pleasure to help out and give back to the community any way I can.

Do it for the members that make this community so great just like yourself. Thank you, Hopeless. :)

#15 Hopeless

Hopeless
  • 184 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 04:46 PM

Aww. My very first nomination ever. Thank you so very much.  :friends:

It's always a pleasure to help out and give back to the community any way I can.

Do it for the members that make this community so great just like yourself. Thank you, Hopeless. :)

You're so welcome! :D Thank you.

#16 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 08:52 PM

@Tauriel & @Hopeless

Thank you both for nominating me >///< I'm just glad you guys like the thread<3 
You guys are both so awesome ^w^

#17 Hopeless

Hopeless
  • 184 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:17 AM

@Tauriel & @Hopeless

Thank you both for nominating me >///< I'm just glad you guys like the thread<3 
You guys are both so awesome ^w^

:hug:

#18 Eggie

Eggie
  • 317 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:14 AM

@Satsuki - for being extremely kind, helpful and generous. Thank you so much for getting me into FR. I'm hooked!

@LlamaKnight - you always seem to brighten up any thread you're in. Thank you for being so kind. :)

@Swarley - from what I've seen you're very non-judgemental and accepting of all members. Thank you for contributing to the relatively relaxed and non-threatening atmosphere of the forums :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users