Quantcast

Photo

So does like half of TNT being cut mean we can go nuts?

freezing banned

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 MissMarie

MissMarie
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 01:50 PM

So i've read the magic shop is iceland for ABers. But since I cam back from my hiatus i've be ABing there like no freaking other. With some pretty risk haggle times as well. Has anyone notice a drop in bans since Neopets was bought? This weekend since a lot of staff was laid off? What do you think this means? Can I go nuts for the next few weeks while neo sorts out the giant pile of crud it's become?

Edited by MissMarie, 08 March 2015 - 01:51 PM.

#2 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 01:51 PM

I wouldn't. We've been talking about what this means here:

http://www.neocodex....-tnt-downsized/

The monitors and most of the programmers are still there, as well as the support staff. 

#3 MissMarie

MissMarie
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 01:58 PM

thanks I'll probably stop while i'm ahead then!

#4 BirdistheWord

BirdistheWord
  • 204 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:29 AM

This was before the 'downsize' (maybe 4-5 days ago) but at least three supposedly major RSers were frozen right before all this went down...............boggles the mind that they would still be freezing people at this point, and is probably partially why the economy is so shit, but apparently it's still happening. They can't fix simple basics, but they can freeze RSs.

though....I'll be fair and say that I would be freezing thousands of people if I knew I was going to get laid off......as a sort of 'fuck you' to the company :) 

#5 Branlaur

Branlaur
  • 907 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:49 AM

This was before the 'downsize' (maybe 4-5 days ago) but at least three supposedly major RSers were frozen right before all this went down...............boggles the mind that they would still be freezing people at this point, and is probably partially why the economy is so shit, but apparently it's still happening. They can't fix simple basics, but they can freeze RSs.

though....I'll be fair and say that I would be freezing thousands of people if I knew I was going to get laid off......as a sort of 'fuck you' to the company :)

Were they legit or AB'ers?

#6 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:31 AM

They can't fix simple basics, but they can freeze RSs.

The problem with this line of thinking is that it's not that simple to recode websites and flash games. By comparison, the system the monitors use to attempt to catch cheaters has been in use since... well, since the first captcha images appeared on Neo (in response to the first widespread knowledge of ABers). It hasn't changed at all in seven or eight years, unless I'm much mistaken.

Apples to oranges, friend.

#7 MissMarie

MissMarie
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:06 PM

well all I can say is I have been ABing like nuts at the magic shop i've made like 5 mill these past dew days but i'm not going for crazy long amounts of time, but my haggle time is p low

#8 Branlaur

Branlaur
  • 907 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:35 PM

well all I can say is I have been ABing like nuts at the magic shop i've made like 5 mill these past dew days but i'm not going for crazy long amounts of time, but my haggle time is p low

How fast are your buy times?

#9 Docshroomed

Docshroomed
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 12:36 PM

The problem with this line of thinking is that it's not that simple to recode websites and flash games. By comparison, the system the monitors use to attempt to catch cheaters has been in use since... well, since the first captcha images appeared on Neo (in response to the first widespread knowledge of ABers). It hasn't changed at all in seven or eight years, unless I'm much mistaken.

Apples to oranges, friend.

You missed the point.

#10 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2015 - 12:38 PM

You missed the point.

So what would be the point? (not being rude, just curious)

#11 BirdistheWord

BirdistheWord
  • 204 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 08:16 PM

Were they legit or AB'ers?

Not a clue - I try to stay away from things like guilds, and long term 'friendships' on neopets....just what I read from people who were "friends" with them - that they were RSers, had in the double and triple digit millions, and all three had been frozen around March 8......don't want to put any of the usernames on here just in case.

#12 MissMarie

MissMarie
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 06:13 PM

Update: been Abing at 100ms haggle time 1-2 seconds refresh times for two weeks now? Was playing it safe the first few days but I upped it last week. At the magic shop still no freeze. Been restock banned twice though >:C made roughly 6 mill. 2 draik mps and various others. Probably going to keep pushing my luck. 

#13 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2015 - 06:37 PM

Update: been Abing at 100ms haggle time 1-2 seconds refresh times for two weeks now? Was playing it safe the first few days but I upped it last week. At the magic shop still no freeze. Been restock banned twice though >:C made roughly 6 mill. 2 draik mps and various others. Probably going to keep pushing my luck. 

Have fun in the Arctic. I'll be sure to send you a blanket. 

#14 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 14 March 2015 - 06:45 PM

Have fun in the Arctic. I'll be sure to send you a blanket. 

Took the words right out of my mouth

#15 Branlaur

Branlaur
  • 907 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:01 PM

What's the overall buy times at? 100ms haggle time is going to get flagged a lot

#16 MissMarie

MissMarie
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 03:36 PM

Yeah this week i'm calming down. No more 100ms haggle time for me here was one of the draik mp buy times 00:00:03.9347452 elapsed.

#17 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:07 PM

Yeah this week i'm calming down. No more 100ms haggle time for me here was one of the draik mp buy times 00:00:03.9347452 elapsed.

Prepare for iceland

#18 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:37 PM

Well, 3.9 seconds is pretty reasonable for a buy. 100ms for a haggle is not so much, but idk if TNT checks the total buy time or just the haggle time. 50/50 chance?

I would think they'd check both, because total buy time can be influenced by lag. I have fast internet, 0.4-0.5 Haggle/OCR, and when the site lags my total time has been over 20 seconds sometimes. I once got 70 seconds or so. 

Haggle time is a good start, but it'd be best to check total time, because some people may just be fast at typing. 

But this is TNT we're talking about, and they can be sort of stupid. 

#19 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 March 2015 - 02:15 AM

I think it's an interesting theory.

@MissMarie Would love to hear how this has turned out ~5 days later.  Update when you can.  Perhaps you're on to something!

#20 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 March 2015 - 04:56 PM

Sorry to change the subject, but if enough people complain do you think we can get the good witty news back? Whoever writes it now is killing me.

Edited by CaptainDantes, 19 March 2015 - 04:56 PM.

#21 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:21 PM

Sorry to change the subject, but if enough people complain do you think we can get the good witty news back? Whoever writes it now is killing me.

Hire me, jumpstart. I'm witty, pretty, and strange.

I can help your site just as well, if not moreso, ruin it.

#22 MissMarie

MissMarie
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 06:40 PM

nox

i've since increased haggle time and slowed down, but i've been baby sitting the ABer I use and took a 2-3 day break on ABing but started up again last night with my 200-250ms haggle time I do not know what is OCR and haven't messed with it, (its been set at 1100-1400 this entire time ) and my total buy time for an mp I bought last night was

Successfully purchased '------' with profit of -----! 00:00:00.9716034 elapsed.

which worries me so I obviously need to dive back into my settings and tweak them.

#23 Bear

Bear
  • 151 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 March 2015 - 10:07 PM

I've always wondered about immunity. I feel like I have it. I've been banned before for being hacked(CGer but got it back because tony P is awesome) but I've been ABing for 4 years on my main without any problems. I usually AB for 4-20 hours a day and my settings are at the lowest (0.01-0.02) or (0.1-0.2) on Abrosia. I consistently buy items at 100ms-1000ms, which is super fast. 1000-2000 happens maybe 20% of the time, I like to make sure I get the item.I do it in defense shop & battle magic, cards, toys, draik egg shop, plushies and more. One time I left my Aber on for TWO WEEKS and nothing happened(vacation left it on lulz forgot to set a scheduler) I thought I was going to be banned but nope.  I have 3 stamp avatars and have been banned once due to CGer. I buy $5 NC every 2-3 months or so. 

Today I got 4 r99's from battle magic / defense shop both under 500ms, and a few r91-98's at other shops. I also moved some duped items into my acc and albumed them + use one as a bd wep.

At this point I don't think they care about me or are delusional that i"m legit. 

I also have 5 accounts that I log onto and not 4 without the use of VPNS

I'm still to scared to AB in magic & stamps tho

Anyone have any thoughts?

edit: Am I a neopets time bomb? At this point the fun has passed and I'm trying to get the Mystery Island avvie but I'm missing a few and nearly broke =P

Edited by Bear, 19 March 2015 - 10:11 PM.

#24 w0nderwall

w0nderwall
  • 568 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:04 PM

All the people who have gotten frozen for much less are about to hate you real hard in 3, 2, 1 ..

I'm jealous of your .. luck? Then again I cheat with VERY conservative settings because I'm too scared to push it.

#25 Helix

Helix
  • 229 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:12 PM

Am I a neopets time bomb? At this point the fun has passed and I'm trying to get the Mystery Island avvie but I'm missing a few and nearly broke =P

Same here, except I don't AB in high end shop, though never to the point of letting it running for two weeks though.

And I AB'ing + dailies in more than 5 account, all without using proxy for a year and half already  :lol2:

Though I didn't AB much now, my interest in Neo is fading slowly.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: freezing, banned

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users