Food art, etc. I've done

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Eggie

Eggie
  • 317 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2015 - 01:09 PM

A few of my passions are crochet, cross stitch and baking. I swear, sometimes I'm like an old woman in a young adult body.

I've been working on a tribute cross stitch to my childhood pet for around 2 years now, done on 11 count Aida:

Spoiler

I adore baking, cookies especially. I made these this past Christmas:

Spoiler

I crocheted for about 3 months straight while in hospital, and I have numerous pairs of slippers and amigurumi I've done. Unfortunately I have no pictures right now though, I'd have to go dig everything up.

#2 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2015 - 01:33 PM

You have talent! The dog's looking awesome :D

#3 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2015 - 03:16 PM

I wouldn't even know where to start. Impressive :)

#4 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 13 March 2015 - 03:39 PM

We're going to be great friends. I enjoy knitting and baking. :) I love the cookies, making me hungryyyy. 
I made Mochi with red bean paste today and I'm currently waiting for some ice cream to firm up for Mochi Icecream. 

#5 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:56 PM

Dannggg the cross stitching is so freeking impressive! I sometimes bake, but I'm not skilled in the decoration region XD

#6 LittleBambi

LittleBambi
  • 128 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2015 - 04:41 AM

Wow, those cookies look so yummy ;  ; and most importantly without chocolate :D

That cross stitch work is amazing : o I wouldn't be able to do something like that. I'm extremely clumsy. Plus, I'm betting you need a world of patience in order to make something so stunning. Really beautiful!

#7 Eggie

Eggie
  • 317 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:09 AM

Thanks guys. It's taken me FOREVER to do and it's still a work in progress, lol. I wanted to make it as photorealistic and special as I could. He was a fantastic dog. I miss him a lot.

My mom is big on stitching and we have a collection of cross stitch and petit point creations she's done all over my house. I remember helping her out when I was 5...I guess it just stuck.

We're going to be great friends. I enjoy knitting and baking. :) I love the cookies, making me hungryyyy. 
I made Mochi with red bean paste today and I'm currently waiting for some ice cream to firm up for Mochi Icecream. 

Ooh, that sounds awesome. I've never tried making mochi before, is it difficult? I bought prepackaged taro mochi a billion years ago and I remember it being pretty tasty. I'd imagine homemade would be worlds better.

That makes me excited! I'm not big on knitting but I just adore crocheting. I can definitely foresee a friendship :)

Wow, those cookies look so yummy ;  ; and most importantly without chocolate :D

Haha, yes! I can't stand chocolate either. Even the smell of the stuff makes my stomach turn. (But I guess it doesn't help that my job requires me to work completely around it)

Edited by Eggie, 14 March 2015 - 05:13 AM.

#8 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:24 AM

Ooh, that sounds awesome. I've never tried making mochi before, is it difficult? I bought prepackaged taro mochi a billion years ago and I remember it being pretty tasty. I'd imagine homemade would be worlds better.

That makes me excited! I'm not big on knitting but I just adore crocheting. I can definitely foresee a friendship :)

It's actually super easy to make once you have the ingredients needed. I made traditional mochi first and it was pretty good but then I filled the next batch with ice cream and it was even better. I'm too Americanized to choose beans over ice cream I guess. lol 

I'm terrible at crocheting, but I definitely intend to learn eventually. I just love making things myself!

#9 Eggie

Eggie
  • 317 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2015 - 06:37 AM

It's actually super easy to make once you have the ingredients needed. I made traditional mochi first and it was pretty good but then I filled the next batch with ice cream and it was even better. I'm too Americanized to choose beans over ice cream I guess. lol 

I'm terrible at crocheting, but I definitely intend to learn eventually. I just love making things myself!

Oh wow, I really need to try making it sometime. I'm always game for making unusual things. I don't blame you for choosing ice cream over beans, lol. I'd do the same.

Naw, I'm sure you're better at crochet than you think you are. :) I saw some of your knitting on the other thread and it's beautiful! My knitting is always full of holes, lol.

I agree, I love making things myself. The finished product always makes you feel good in the end knowing you've made something that's completely one-of-a-kind.

#10 LittleBambi

LittleBambi
  • 128 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2015 - 07:24 AM

Haha, yes! I can't stand chocolate either. Even the smell of the stuff makes my stomach turn. (But I guess it doesn't help that my job requires me to work completely around it)

OMG you are the first person I've met that doesn't like chocolate either I think :D We're a rare breed ; ) Because I live in Belgium, everybody is always totally shocked when I say I don't like it lol

#11 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2015 - 08:18 AM

OMG you are the first person I've met that doesn't like chocolate either I think :D We're a rare breed ; ) Because I live in Belgium, everybody is always totally shocked when I say I don't like it lol

I don't like it either.

#12 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:45 AM

Me neither. I was lactose intolerant since I was born, so I grew up without chocolate. I can eat sometimes, but only if it's less than 20% cocoa.

#13 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:06 PM

That cross stitch is on point! It looks like it could be a painting.

Also those cookies are ridiculously well-frosted. Makes me hungry for a cookie right now.

Tauriel, are you looking to hire a live-in nanny? I'll take my payment in internet and food.

#14 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 16 March 2015 - 02:47 AM

That cross stitch is on point! It looks like it could be a painting.

Also those cookies are ridiculously well-frosted. Makes me hungry for a cookie right now.

Tauriel, are you looking to hire a live-in nanny? I'll take my payment in internet and food.

Call me crazy but I actually love raising my kids myself haha XD I could use some company though. We can watch Meangirls and bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat it and be happy.

#15 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2015 - 04:32 PM

Call me crazy but I actually love raising my kids myself haha XD I could use some company though. We can watch Meangirls and bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat it and be happy.

Housekeeper then. I'll feed the meese and walk the bears. Baking is within my abilities, but you're going to need to provide the rainbows and smiles. On the plus side, I won't ever wear hoop earrings because I know that's your thing.

#16 Ghartun

Ghartun
  • 233 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2015 - 12:40 PM

yasss those cookies are beautiful! must love food art uwu

#17 rintastic

rintastic
  • 75 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:03 AM

That cross stitch looks amazing! I tried cross stitch before but I can only do tiny projects before I get bored and move on to something else.

#18 Jaglever

Jaglever
  • 32 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:29 PM

Holy....That dog cross-stitch sure is something.  It looks great!  And the cookies look delicious as well.

#19 Chestnut

Chestnut
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 11:27 AM

The cookies look fantastic! I have no idea how you make them so clean, my icing flies everywhere.

#20 Shaska

Shaska
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 02:31 PM

That looks very nice. Now I'm hungry for cookies. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users