Quantcast

Photo

The Walls - A Minecraft PvP Contest!

minecraft

• Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

Poll: Time/Date choices

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

What day would you prefer?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

What time would you prefer? (This will be in NST for 'universal' ease of working out timezones)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:50 PM

Might as well delay it two weeks then as I'm busy all next weekend with Easter stuff :/
Sorry ive fucked this up :/

It's not your fault! You're doing this all by yourself, don't be sorry about that.

#102 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:53 PM

Tbh I'm a little miffed at the extreme lack of participation on our server lately too and have thought many times of just letting it die. I hate going on and there's no one online for HOURS. That's why I wanted to try and do something different with this contest, but now that's not even working. People are too busy.

#103 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:53 PM

Might as well delay it two weeks then as I'm busy all next weekend with Easter stuff :/

nooo it's not your fault we all got lives all of a sudden!

#104 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:55 PM

The delay for 2 weeks = awesome...thinking you have fucked anything up and need to apologize = completely not true.  :wub:

#105 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:56 PM

I think we need outside players, not just from neocodex. Of course, they would have to fill an app to join, but the activity would definitely grow.

A new world too. And mods. Lots of mods. We need more than old boring vanilla :p

#106 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:57 PM

nooo it's not your fault we all got lives all of a sudden!

Not blaming people who have either, sorry if it came across that way :/

I just think it's a waste of money paying for something that no one is using is all.

#107 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:18 PM

Not blaming people who have either, sorry if it came across that way :/

I just think it's a waste of money paying for something that no one is using is all.

I know it's frustrating :( It's that time of the year as well where most people are going to be outside and doing things rather than cooped up for the winter. Don't think of it as a waste, there are still nights/days when we'll all get together.

Life just happens ya know.

#108 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:48 PM

Tbh I'm a little miffed at the extreme lack of participation on our server lately too and have thought many times of just letting it die. I hate going on and there's no one online for HOURS. That's why I wanted to try and do something different with this contest, but now that's not even working. People are too busy.

Coincidentally I've popped on a few times to find that 0/20 users were online... so I don't even bother logging in the rest of the way.

Bad enough I talk to myself. Just gets weird when I'm typing to myself. :3

Was really looking forward to this contest. Still am... but it went from having a week's notice to changing stuff at the last minute trying to cater to everyone.

If you're going that route just need time to prepare is all.

Suppose we could have hosted two competitions. One for funsies (this weekend) and one where shit gets real later & hopefully the majority can make it.

How much does it cost to host? I can't speak for others but I'm always down to pitch in a couple bucks here and there if it'd help. Even if I'm not on that much I find it worthwhile. But if you do close the doors in the meantime I'd completely understand. No sure if it'd get better or worse the closer to summer we get. Closer to May (graduation, finals, etc) we get.

Maybe we could meet up from time to time on the PS3/360 versions should that happen. confused-smiley-013.gif

Edited by AoKnight, 27 March 2015 - 05:00 PM.

#109 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2015 - 05:42 PM

Don't worry about what I said before guys, just a little stressed out lately :/ My apologies. I do understand that this time of year can get pretty hectic and with people wanting to enjoy the great outdoors more, tbh I would encourage that more so than sitting in front of a PC :p

As for hosting, it costs roughly $30 from memory per month? If anyone would like to help pay for the server (@Kord has been the only one so far to contribute and she's uber awesome for it!) then let me know. I can forward payment details on to you.

I won't be closing the server, but I DO think it needs a revamp. Like possibly a new start? Possibly with mods, possibly not, I'll let you guys discuss it and let me and @Romy know what exactly you would like to see. Maybe we can get a group together to build a proper spawn hub/landing point (similar to something like Chroma has done). This is something I would love to see happen, as I feel the Vanilla side of things gets boring real fast once you've achieved everything.

I might start a new thread on this so we don't derail this one.

#110 Chameleon

Chameleon
  • vampire or somesuch

• 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2015 - 05:44 PM

@Strategist  :wub:

#111 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2015 - 05:46 PM

Oh and also, I am cool with putting off the contest for another two weeks, if everyone else doesn't mind. Let's organise this properly and I think we can even sort out teams NOW if you want, so you have ample time to prepare/train/strategise etc and so forth. Yes?

#112 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2015 - 05:47 PM

(No one is on when I get on either. :( )

What's the next move then? I'm cool with a delay if it means more people participate. 

As far as starting over, I'm all for it.

Oh and also, I am cool with putting off the contest for another two weeks, if everyone else doesn't mind. Let's organise this properly and I think we can even sort out teams NOW if you want, so you have ample time to prepare/train/strategise etc and so forth. Yes?

Let people choose their own teams? :p

#113 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2015 - 06:00 PM

I think teams should be randomly chosen :p put all our names in a hat and choose randomly.. 

Because I know no one will willingly choose my loser self :p :p

#114 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2015 - 06:10 PM

I don't think that people should get to choose their teams, either.

As for starting the server over, I'd be very down with that...though I think it can be started and managed in a much more stimulating way (and even in a way that would *gasp* be lucrative for Neocodex rather than the server being a monthly cost burden).

#115 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2015 - 06:11 PM

I don't think that people should get to choose their teams, either.

As for starting the server over, I'd be very down with that...though I think it can be started and managed in a much more stimulating way (and even in a way that would *gasp* be lucrative for Neocodex rather than the server being a monthly cost burden).

Agreed and agreed.

#116 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2015 - 06:12 PM

(No one is on when I get on either. :( )

What's the next move then? I'm cool with a delay if it means more people participate. 

As far as starting over, I'm all for it.

Let people choose their own teams? :p

No. lol It's not fair that way, we're all about fairness here. The simplest way is random number generated teams.

#117 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2015 - 06:17 PM

No. lol It's not fair that way, we're all about fairness here. The simplest way is random number generated teams.

I DIDN'T WANNA BE ON YOUR TEAM ANYWAY.

#118 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2015 - 06:20 PM

T^T strat dont let this dieee 
I honestly have been submurged in school shit and now Im finally on break

It's not your fault and yes it's kinda slow but it still is great!

#119 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2015 - 06:20 PM

I'm all for starting over.

Though if that's the case, should we go ahead and stop all projects now in the meantime?

Kinda pointless to do anything if it's just going to disappear.

If the numbers are uneven I'd be perfectly fine with taking on everyone solo.  :ninja:

#120 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2015 - 09:41 PM

Just in case anyone missed it, I made a thread for Server suggestions here :)

Ok so, I shall change the poll I think to reflect two weeks from now. Shall I do teams now? What will happen is, I will assign you a number and then input all of them into an RNG. This will shuffle you into your random teams and I shall get back to you via PM as to who is on your team.

#121 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2015 - 09:43 PM

Yes, teams now! :D  please be @Romy, please be @Romy

#122 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2015 - 09:44 PM

Yes, teams now! :D  please be @Romy, please be @Romy

WHY NOT ME EH? AM I NOT GOOD ENOUGH?

#123 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2015 - 09:47 PM

BECAUSE WE DON'T HAVE A TEAM NAME

#124 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2015 - 09:47 PM

Teams now YASSS!

#125 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2015 - 09:48 PM

New poll is up with new dates and times :D I shall also update the OP to reflect this.

BECAUSE WE DON'T HAVE A TEAM NAME

How about TEAM AWESOME!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: minecraft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users