music warped tour rock hardcore festival emo

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 March 2015 - 10:54 AM

Anyone here at Codex going to the Vans Warped Tour this year? Have you ever been to one before? What cities have you seen it in previously and where will you see it this year? Who are you excited to see this year? Who did you go to see in the past?

I just got my ticket to the July 7th date in Charlotte after additional bands (presumably headliners) were announced last night. I figured I would see who all here is interested in attending this year, or who has attended before.

And for anyone who is unfamiliar, below is a description.

The Warped Tour is the largest traveling music festival in the United States. The tour is held in venues such as parking lots or fields upon which the stages and other structures are constructed prior to and for the duration of the event. The skateboard shoe manufacturer Vans, among others, has sponsored the tour every year since 1995, and it is often called the Vans Warped Tour. The tour began as a showcase for punk rock music, but its more recent lineups have featured diverse genres. It is the longest running tour in America.

Edited by talbs, 26 March 2015 - 10:56 AM.

#2 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 March 2015 - 11:47 AM

Have been wanting to go to this for years.

It's highly unlikely I'll make it this year but almost 100% certain I'll be there in 2016.

Hope you have an awesome time man. ^_^

#3 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 March 2015 - 11:54 AM

I've dropped my younger sister off at Warped Tour a few times. Haven't been into the type of music there since around age 15, but it looks pretty fun. My sister always comes home with a wicked sunburn, covered in paint and dirt.

#4 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:18 AM

Have been wanting to go to this for years.

It's highly unlikely I'll make it this year but almost 100% certain I'll be there in 2016.

Hope you have an awesome time man. ^_^

I went to my first one at age 16 and I will be 27 this year. I think this will be my 6th but I'm not 100% sure. It definitely is a good time.

I've dropped my younger sister off at Warped Tour a few times. Haven't been into the type of music there since around age 15, but it looks pretty fun. My sister always comes home with a wicked sunburn, covered in paint and dirt.

It's definitely possible to get roasted while you are there. I am getting too old for these myself, as it seems the crowd keeps getting younger and younger, but I figure before I'm married and have kids I better enjoy it while I can.

#5 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2015 - 09:22 AM

It's definitely possible to get roasted while you are there. I am getting too old for these myself, as it seems the crowd keeps getting younger and younger, but I figure before I'm married and have kids I better enjoy it while I can.

Aw dude, you're never too old for music festivals! If you like the music, I feel like there's no reason why you shouldn't go enjoy Warped Tour until you're eighty. :p

#6 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2015 - 09:43 AM

Aw dude, you're never too old for music festivals! If you like the music, I feel like there's no reason why you shouldn't go enjoy Warped Tour until you're eighty. :p

Well way back then it was easier being in High School or College as I had the Summer off. There has to be many bands I want to see nowadays if I am going to have to burn a vacation day to go!

#7 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2015 - 09:53 AM

Well way back then it was easier being in High School or College as I had the Summer off. There has to be many bands I want to see nowadays if I am going to have to burn a vacation day to go!

True! It seems totally worth it though. Sometimes there's just one artist I wanna see at a festival that makes the whole day worth it. A festival I'm going to this summer just got Robert Plant to headline, so I have to go haha.

#8 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2015 - 11:01 AM

True! It seems totally worth it though. Sometimes there's just one artist I wanna see at a festival that makes the whole day worth it. A festival I'm going to this summer just got Robert Plant to headline, so I have to go haha.

There aren't too many things that ever pop up around here that aren't too terrible of a drive for me. It seems the ones I am interested in are in like Florida, Massachusetts, Ohio, etc. Those aren't terribly far in a car from me I don't suppose, 10 hours max I'd imagine, but that's a long way to travel by yourself and convincing my friends to go would be a tough sell.

What festival are you going to?

#9 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2015 - 11:33 AM

There aren't too many things that ever pop up around here that aren't too terrible of a drive for me. It seems the ones I am interested in are in like Florida, Massachusetts, Ohio, etc. Those aren't terribly far in a car from me I don't suppose, 10 hours max I'd imagine, but that's a long way to travel by yourself and convincing my friends to go would be a tough sell.

What festival are you going to?

Oh yeah I totally feel you there. I wanted to go to SXSW this year but didn't have any friends going and I didn't want to spend two weekends alone in Austin.

Going to Lockn' in Arrington, Virginia. I live in San Antonio but my oldest friends live in that tiny town so I'll just go stay with them for the festival. Which ones are you interested in?

#10 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2015 - 12:12 PM

In my younger years I was into screamo/rock/punky music and would attend warped tour. I've seen August Burns Red, Linkin Park, Blink 182, Sum 41, Fall Out Boys, Taking Back Sunday, All That Remains, As I Lay Dying, Hawthorne Heights...holy crap the list could go on. But sadly now that I live in POS Arkansas they don't have anything here but mountains and meth...

#11 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2015 - 04:25 AM

Oh yeah I totally feel you there. I wanted to go to SXSW this year but didn't have any friends going and I didn't want to spend two weekends alone in Austin.

Going to Lockn' in Arrington, Virginia. I live in San Antonio but my oldest friends live in that tiny town so I'll just go stay with them for the festival. Which ones are you interested in?

There's a New England Metalfest and Rock on The Range in Ohio. Either of those would be cool. And the Virginia one isn't too far from me.

In my younger years I was into screamo/rock/punky music and would attend warped tour. I've seen August Burns Red, Linkin Park, Blink 182, Sum 41, Fall Out Boys, Taking Back Sunday, All That Remains, As I Lay Dying, Hawthorne Heights...holy crap the list could go on. But sadly now that I live in POS Arkansas they don't have anything here but mountains and meth...

I have seen most of those as well. Linkin Park is one I've always wanted to see but never have. They played about 5 minutes from my house last year with AFI but I opted out. I would have loved to have seen them in the Meteora/Hybrid Theory days.

#12 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2015 - 10:14 AM

For anyone who posted here that is bored/interested, Warped Tour has recently started streaming the first day of the event. I think last year was the first time they ever did it, but alas they are doing it again this year. Today is the first day, so here is the link if you'd like to check it out.

http://vanswarpedtour.com/webcast

#13 arcanum

arcanum
  • 1748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2015 - 10:30 AM

I was thinking "Oh yeah, I might go" until I read July 7th is the Charlotte date. I'll be flying home on the 7th, darn. Maybe next year. There are a handful of bands I want to see this year too. *le sigh*

#14 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2015 - 10:50 AM

I was thinking "Oh yeah, I might go" until I read July 7th is the Charlotte date. I'll be flying home on the 7th, darn. Maybe next year. There are a handful of bands I want to see this year too. *le sigh*

I am ready. I am taking my girlfriend with me and she's a country music fan. It should be a fun time haha.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: music, warped tour, rock, hardcore, festival, emo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users