Ground Control to Major Tom

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 majestictuna

majestictuna
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 04:52 PM

Hey there, 

I'll just state the glaringly obvious: I'm new.

I've actually been using Abrosia for awhile (well, like two weeks) now, but finally decided it was time to make my presence known in the NeoCodex World.

Five facts about moi:

• The name's Tuna.
  • I'm am a wife and mother.
  • I'm an avid participant of the equestrian sport.
  • I found recently I enjoy "old people's music" to that of the most recent pop hits...this change happened after I had my daughter. Funny how that happens.
  • I spend far too much time on Neopets and my husband points and laughs...well, not literally...okay, maybe sometimes literally, but I love him despite his faults....like teasing me about Neopets.

One, two, three, four...five. Awesome, done with that. 

Anywho, advice is always, always, always welcome. I'm not a huge forum poster, so being part of a community like this is new.

Thanks for checking me out...well, you know what I mean.

#2 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2015 - 05:00 PM

Hi Tuna! Welcome to Codex, I'm Swarley ^_^

This was my first forum experience, and I'm glad it was the first :p You'll really like here!

#3 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2015 - 05:12 PM

Mmmm tuna

Sorry I drooled on your topic.

Welcome to Codex ^_^

#4 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2015 - 05:13 PM

Great introduction! Please stick around, post at your leisure (just make sure to not spam, and/or gravedig a topic from a really long time ago). We're mostly a community filled with friendly, and helpful people. Enjoy!

#5 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2015 - 05:20 PM

Welcome! I've always wanted to be able to do something like the equestrians do. I've always wanted to learn how to horse jump (or whatever it's called when horses jump over bars), but there isn't a ranch close enough, plus it's really expensive.

#6 majestictuna

majestictuna
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 05:56 PM

Welcome! I've always wanted to be able to do something like the equestrians do. I've always wanted to learn how to horse jump (or whatever it's called when horses jump over bars), but there isn't a ranch close enough, plus it's really expensive.

Ridiculously expensive. So much so, I only ride when I can trade work for riding. When my husband and I bought our first place in town, I had to sell my big horses, but my parents-who have acreage- let me stash my two miniatures on their property.  I ,then, proceeded to get myself a Great Dane to replace the large animal loss I was feeling. I like big things and I cannot lie.`I don't understand how Great Danes are allowed in town, but miniature horses aren't....they're roughly the same size....roughly....

Now that I'm done with my life story.... :rolleyes:

Everyone else: Thank you guys for the warm welcome. Seriously. It's always scary introducing yourself somewhere new, but you guys made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. 

Edited by majestictuna, 29 March 2015 - 05:57 PM.

#7 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2015 - 08:31 PM

Welcome! :) Im glad you found us! Please don't hesitate to message me any questions you may have :)

A good way to get involved here is to participate in the contests that run periodically. I found them useful to get to know people. :)

Hope we see you more often! :)

#8 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2015 - 11:26 PM

Hey Tuna welcome to NC im Bones or Philip either is fine :D

#9 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2015 - 02:39 AM

Welcome Tuna! I always thought Great Dane's were dog ponies so it's interesting to hear someone who knows their stuff actually confirm it.

It's a really nice community here, I've just joined in January and regretting not doing so earlier. Don't forget to check out the FAQ and a wonderful way to get started is to do the Newbie Scavenger Hunt. It'll really help you figure out where everything is so you can successfully navigate the forums yourself :)

#10 majestictuna

majestictuna
  • 60 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:26 PM

Ah! You guys are awesome. 

Thank you! 

I always compare posting for the first time like walking into a room where someone is making some sort of speech and completely interrupting it.

Thank you for letting me interrupt your speeches :)!

#11 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2015 - 02:43 AM

Colonel Tom*

#12 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:29 AM

Colonel Tom*

Oh no X_X

#13 CoffeeCat

CoffeeCat
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:20 PM

Welcome Tuna! I hope you have a blast here, people are really nice and helpful so I'm sure you'll be at home in no time :3

#14 LittleBambi

LittleBambi
  • 128 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 April 2015 - 04:33 AM

Welcome ^w^ I'm curious; what do you mean with 'old people's music'? Just hits from a while ago? Because I definitely enjoy older music too ^^ Probably because I grew up with it and my father had pretty good taste in music.

Funny thing, when a teacher mentioned David Bowie in class two years ago for example, everyone else was like 'whuuuut who's that???' and I was rolling my eyes like 'seriously? you guys don't know David Bowie? Ziggy Stardust? The movie Labyrinth? Not ringing any bells?' I was flabbergasted.

#15 majestictuna

majestictuna
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:10 PM

Ahhh! Labyrinth! My first introduction to this was in 6th grade- it blew my mind. Then I recently had my husband watch and he couldn't understand. Sigh. Love me some Labyrinth. Love me some straight up Jim Henson productions in general.

Great stuff. 

#16 Chic

Chic
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 11:01 PM

Welcome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users