Quantcast

Photo

Is Hearthstone's hot new card overpowered?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:25 PM

0pw5VacmWNqk.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

http://www.pcgamer.c...asked-the-pros/

Barely a day has passed since the doors of Blackrock Mountain swung open, and players are already calling one of its new cards the most overpowered in Hearthstone. For those not up to speed, beating the boss of the first wing in the new single-player adventure mode rewards you with ‘Emperor Thaurissan’, ruler of the Dark Iron Clan and owner of lustrous beard.

So what do YOU think? I personally have come up against it a few times already and I think it's a pain in the arse to play AGAINST, however, it seems to be the sort of card that can be countered with a little bit of smart thinking and some luck on your side.

I'll probably add it into one of my decks at some point, but for now, I'll hold off. 

What are your thoughts on the Blackrock Mountain expansion so far? I LOVE what Blizzard have produced with this expansion so far, although I thought the first wing was a little too easy. I'm sure it will get harder as the new wings are unlocked. I've tried my hand at Heroic mode and DAMN, it IS hard. The class challenges are quite decent and keep you thinking about strategy too. Just the fact that it keeps you enthralled in the gameplay is a plus for me, something that can keep my attention for this long must be worth playing xD

#2 Chameleon

Chameleon
  • vampire or somesuch

• 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:31 PM

I can't answer your question because I haven't played HS since our last competition, but thank you for posting this, because now I want to go check it out.

#3 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:34 PM

I can't answer your question because I haven't played HS since our last competition, but thank you for posting this, because now I want to go check it out.

You should, it's AMAZING :) I was impressed with the Naxxramas expansion when that came out, but this one takes the cake imo. That, and I love anything Ragnaros/Fire/Lava etc etc and so on lol

#4 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:39 PM

It looks good. I watched Trump play it.

#5 Chameleon

Chameleon
  • vampire or somesuch

• 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:01 PM

Hell of a difference between regular and heroic.  Went thru the regular and class challenges pretty easily.  Going to have to build a deck for the heroic I see.

#6 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2015 - 09:33 PM

I wouldn't really call it OP, you need to have quite a few cards in your hand to make it worthwhile. Only good for control decks, which need the help anyway. Fun card to play with/around.

#7 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 05 April 2015 - 02:30 AM

I played a Mage who used it extremely effectively, pretty much from the moment it was played I was screwed lol. It was epic on their part, I'll be excited to use it, so far I haven't found use for it. 

#8 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 April 2015 - 08:27 AM

I haven't encountered it yet, but it sounds like one of those things I'll whine about in my head when I'm losing.

#9 Gnome

Gnome
  • Alpha As Fuck

• 1054 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:40 AM

I haven't encountered it yet, but it sounds like one of those things I'll whine about in my head when I'm losing.

Don't play against my new deck then :p

#10 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:42 PM

Don't play against my new deck then :p

Noted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users