Quantcast

Photo

Databases on sites were leaked?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Nekromion

Nekromion
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this member!

• 16 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 01:54 AM

As of today. The admin of an another site like this posted

"A number of other sites and services have had their databases leaked recently.

Even if you don't believe you've used your (name of the said site) password on any other sites we recommend changing your password.""

There were reports that some did really got hacked.

ps. Feel free to delete this if this thread if its a just a false alarm. just wanted to notice others.

#2 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:28 AM

I think you should check out Ortin's thread in neopets general chat. We are aware that someone is passing off programs as ours. I don't think this is due to any database leak, but merely someone knowing the name of our AB and slapping that name on a cookie grabber (or worse) to nab unsuspecting idiots. This isn't the first time people have done something like this, trying to pass off cookie grabbers and the like as legitimate programs. It used to happen far more frequently. Maybe Eggy's back. Who knows.

#3 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:31 AM

The OP seems to be referring to Sythe and none of the other sites mentioned there are related to Neopets so I don't think it's Neopets-specific. It never hurts to change your password every so often though. What I do to avoid these problems is to change my password every day to that day's date so that even if somebody figures out what my password is the next day it'll be different! I smart.

#4 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2015 - 12:18 PM

The OP seems to be referring to Sythe and none of the other sites mentioned there are related to Neopets so I don't think it's Neopets-specific. It never hurts to change your password every so often though. What I do to avoid these problems is to change my password every day to that day's date so that even if somebody figures out what my password is the next day it'll be different! I smart.

Wouldn't it make more sense to change it only once a week? To lull hackers into a false sense of security if they do get in.

#5 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 12:24 PM

Was Eggy's program even a virus? What was the verdict on that in the end? 

#6 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2015 - 12:43 PM

Wouldn't it make more sense to change it only once a week? To lull hackers into a false sense of security if they do get in.

Are you crazy? That would be like 85% less secure...

Was Eggy's program even a virus? What was the verdict on that in the end? 

Indubitably.

#7 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2015 - 01:15 PM

I don't think I've changed the PW on this account since I made it in 2011.

#8 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2015 - 01:16 PM

I don't think I've changed the PW on this account since I made it in 2011.

I haven't changed mine since 2010 lol

#9 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2015 - 01:31 PM

I've used the same password since my first crush in uh...grade school some time. I won't divulge anything passed that.

#10 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 01:44 PM

Are you crazy? That would be like 85% less secure...

Indubitably.

ah, I had downloaded his Seed AB to be friendly back in the day ... it was clean then, I think :p 

shame 

#11 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 April 2015 - 02:28 PM

Lol  :lol2:

#12 J03

J03
  • 220 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 04:24 AM

ah, I had downloaded his Seed AB to be friendly back in the day ... it was clean then, I think :p

shame 

He admitted to me that he "hid" a password stealing process in that program so he could sell the accounts he got from it.

His Vibe/Pulse/Seed auto-buyers all had PW stealers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users